Mission

The Court of Rogues

The next week, you and your team slunk along the long passageway, weapons out and alert for any trouble. The plan was that Kangin would wait inside the meeting room until your team arrived, and then he‘d help arrest the gang leaders. If there was any sign that the gang leaders knew something was up, Kangin would alert Ryeowook by pressing a special button on his phone and Ryeowook would notify you to stop the assignment.

A guard sprung out of the shadows, gun pointed at you. Quickly you side-stepped and grabbed the man’s wrist, yanking his arm up so he couldn’t aim at your team. He kicked out at you, but you spun to avoid the kick and dropped low to the ground, executing a leg sweep and knocking his feet out from under him. He landed with a thud and you gave him a punch to the forehead, hard enough to send him into unconsciousness.

Looking behind you, you saw the rest of your team fighting as silently as possible with the rest of the guards. Sungmin spun his nunchucks to disarm another guard, then backflipped, using his momentum to knock the guard out.

Jonghyun ducked a kick, then grabbed the guard’s foot, flipped him over and slammed him into the ground. The team jumped at the noise.

“Shhhhh!”

Jonghyun sheepishly looked at the ground. “Sorry.”

Yunho used a special type of gun to shoot tranquilizer darts to knock out the rest of the guards. He carefully aimed, then sent the darts shooting towards a few men, making sure that they dropped.

You saw a guard about to punch Kibum, and almost called out to Kibum to look out. Instead, you kept silent and watched as Kibum dodged the punch and used the bottom of his gun to whack the guard on the head. He grinned at you. 
“Worried about me?” he asked, playfully teasing you.

“Yes, I was worried, but only because if you die, who’s gonna take me out to dinner?” you replied, teasing him right back.

Kibum laughed softly. “I’m sure you’ll find someone.”


“Ryeowook?” you whispered into your headset. “Where do we go now?”

“The meeting room will be through the third door on your right,” Ryeowook told you, once again helping through your earpiece. Looking at the map of the building, Ryeowook guided you and your team through the seemingly endless hallways.

“This is the door,” Ryeowook said as you faced a typical door, nothing special about it. “It will open up into a small room, with the entrance to the meeting room through yet another door. Be careful. There might be guards inside this room.”

Sure enough, there were gang members guarding the entrance of the meeting. Quietly you counted to three. “Hana, dul, set!” On three, your group rushed into the room, guns drawn.

“Hands up, weapons down!” you called.

“Not a word from any of you, and you get to keep your lives,” Kibum added, staring down a guard.

The guard silently placed his gun on the floor.
All of the guards in the room quietly set their weapons down, to your surprise. You had expected a bit more resistance. It was easy... Too easy, in fact, but you were so happy at beating the guards that you didn’t pay attention.

You really should have paid attention. Instead, you crept forward and placed your hand on the door that was the entrance to the gang leaders’ meeting. “Has Kangin alerted you of any trouble?” you asked Ryeowook.

He looked at his screens. “Nope. He hasn’t pressed the button. You are cleared for making the arrests.” Since you were the leader of this team, you had to enter the room first. You adjusted your bulletproof vest, made sure your guns were fully loaded, took a deep breath, and kicked down the door.

Kangin wasn’t going to alert anybody anytime soon. You had a quick glimpse of his body, lying lifeless under the table, and then you looked up into at least twenty guns pointed straight at you. In the brief second before those guns fired, you screamed “TRAP!!!” to the rest of your team, hoping they could escape as the gang leaders focused on you. 
And then the second was over, and the shooting began.

============== 

A/N: 

BRAND NEW CHAPTER TOMORROW! Thanks everyone for reading and supporting this story so far :) Comments are greatly loved!

 

Also, I have a new story out, called The Traveler: A Multidimensional Love Story. Please go check that one out as well! ^_^

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/67107/the-traveler-a-multidimensional-love-story-beast-dbsk-fantasy-romance-scifi-superjunior