Betrayed

The Court of Rogues

 

“Aren’t you curious to see who deceived you all?” a tall, muscular man said.

 

“Of course I’m curious,” you replied with quiet rage. “I want to see the face of the man who hacked into Ryeowook’s system, gave information to our enemies, and is responsible for the deaths of Henry and Kangin, and perhaps more.”

 

The tall man grinned. “Look no farther, miss, for here he is.” Behind him, someone stepped into view. He raised his head, and you saw-

 

KIBUM?!

 

You couldn’t believe your eyes. “No. It can’t be,” you whispered. Not Kim Kibum! Not the person that you’d had a crush on since your training days! It couldn’t be. Images popped into your head. Kibum smiling at you as he comforted you about your failed assignment. Kibum kissing your forehead as he wished you good night. Kibum playfully teasing you as you led the team to the meeting room. Then more images popped into your head. Henry, telling you to save yourself as he bled to death over his violin. Ryeowook’s dazed face as he looked over his ruined computer. Kangin’s lifeless body slumped under the table at the gang leaders‘ meeting. Kibum was responsible for all this. Kyuhyun wasn’t the traitor. Kibum was.

 

*Flashback*

“Oh, by the way, I heard about that business with the hidden Rogue,” Kibum said. “Don‘t let it get you down. There was no way you could have saved Henry.”

*End Flashback*

 

*Flashback*

Ryeowook- “I’m just making sure that you didn’t tell anyone else except for the Heads and Donghae that Henry is the hidden spy. You didn’t, right?”

*End Flashback*

 

*Flashback*

Kibum suddenly smiled and hugged you. “Thinking of Henry?” he asked softly. “Think of the good, not the bad. He did a good job with telling us the information on that Rogue Guild warehouse through the microchip.” 

*End Flashback*

 

Donghae was the only other person besides the department Heads that knew that the hidden Rogue had been Henry. 

Kibum was not a Head of a department.

 

*Flashback*

Kibum- “Yesung gave me a special assignment, even though we’re not supposed to be going on assignments. Don’t tell anyone, though, because it’s top secret.”

 

Yesung- “I know we’re under lockdown, but this gang assignment is very important. It’s the only one I’ve given out since we’ve been under lockdown.”

*End Flashback*

 

The gang assignment was the only one Yesung had given out under lockdown. Kibum had lied about Yesung giving him a top secret assignment.

 

*Flashback*

“Not a word from any of you, and you get to keep your lives,” Kibum added, staring down a guard. The guard silently placed his gun on the floor. All of the guards in the room quietly set their weapons down, to your surprise. You had expected a bit more resistance. It was easy.

*End Flashback*

 

The group knew Kibum was the traitor, and so they let you and your group into the meeting room without a fight. Did you really think it was going to be that easy?

 

You rocked back in your chair, stunned and hurt. “Why?” you asked softly. “Why did you do it, Kibum?” 

 

Kibum couldn’t even meet your eyes. “I had to,” he said sadly. “You’ll understand later.” 

 

Then your eyes caught a glimpse of a face you also knew. You gasped. “Jaejoong?! You’re a traitor too?” 

Jaejoong sneered at your shocked face. “Well,” he drawled. “Technically I’m not a traitor, since I was never originally a Rogue. They didn’t let me in the training program because of my criminal record, do you remember? I’m just in it for the money. Guild pays better than Court.” 

 

You looked away, still greatly shocked by the fact that there was not just one, but two people betraying the Court of Rogues. What would happen to you now?

 

The seven other Guild Rogues began putting on equipment. Bulletproof vests, dark clothing, and masks. Numbly, you watched all of this. You were still trying to recover from the knowledge that Kibum, a man you knew and considered a friend, would do this to you. Then it occurred to you. Why were they putting on this equipment? “What’s going on?” you said aloud. 

 

One of the Guild Rogues turned to answer you. “We are preparing for the largest attack on Rogue Court in history,” he said. “Thanks to Kibum’s expert hacking skills, we have everything we need to take the Court of Rogues by surprise.” 

 

You paled. With Kibum’s insider information, the Court of Rogues would be an easy target. You had to warn them somehow! Frantically you struggled against the ropes that tied you to the chair. 

 

“It’s no use, --------,” Kibum called. “Khun will stay behind and guard you. We’ll return soon.” With that, he and six Guild Rogues walked out the door, leaving you with Jaejoong and the man everyone called Khun. 

 

Jaejoong leered at you. “A parting gift for the prisoner,” he sneered. He seven large television screens in front of you. “There are cameras connected to these TVs on the helmets of seven Guild Rogues, so you’ll be able to watch as they attack the Court of Rogues. Enjoy the bloodshed.” Jaejoong turned to leave. 

 

“Wait!” you called. “Jaejoong, I need to know. Why did Kibum betray me and the rest of the Court?” 

 

Jaejoong waved a hand dismissively. “Don’t know, don’t care. Kibum has his own reasons.” 

 

“So why did you do it?” you asked him. 

 

“Weren’t you paying attention?” Jaejoong said impatiently. “Rogue Guild pays me better than Rogue Court ever did. It’s always been about the money, only the money. I have to go now. Keep watching the screens, and maybe you’ll see me and Kibum gun down a couple of your buddies.” He laughed at your misery and went from the room. 

 

You turned to Khun. “I don’t suppose you’ll let me go?” you asked him. 

 

“No,” replied Khun, and he faded into the shadows surrounding you, leaving you alone with the view of the screens and an impending sense of doom.

 
 
===========================
A/N: Wow, some of you readers paid attention to the story REALLY REALLY WELL haha. I know a lot of people guessed Kibum, so congrats! But you didn't expect Jaejoong to be a bad guy either, did you? ^_^ The story still has a long way to go, so please keep reading and commenting! You guys are awesome and the best readers an author could ask for <3
 
And btw, don't call Kibum a bad guy just yet. He has his reasons for doing what he did.... ;)