Secrets

The Court of Rogues

 

A week later, Sungmin’s hamburger had been delivered (he enjoyed it a LOT), and Kyuhyun had let Ryeowook borrow his phone for the Internet. Both Rogues were healing nicely, and all was well… except Donghae still hadn’t woken up from his coma. 

 

You were still staying at Kyuhyun’s parents’ home, and he still hadn’t told you just WHOM you were being kept safe from. Sometimes you would catch him on the phone with people whose names remained a secret from you. Other times he would be called away to meetings and return at any hour of the night. It was driving you nuts.

 

“Kill the Protoss, dammit!” you yelled one day as you frantically pushed buttons on your keyboard. 

Kyuhyun laughed. “Your puny Terrans are no match for my Protoss’s psionic abilities and technical wizardry!” he called from where he sat next to his own computer.

“Shut up and build your base already,” you growled.

You and Kyuhyun were playing StarCraft, which just happened to be both your favorite game and his. Unfortunately, Kyuhyun was beating you and you were not happy about it. Just then, Kyuhyun let loose a blast of gunfire from one of his fighters, and the last of your soldiers exploded.

“I win!” Kyuhyun crowed.

You scowled. “Damn. You got lucky.”

He grinned at you cheekily and was about to reply when the phone rang. Immediately he stopped smiling and became serious. He ran to pick up the phone.

“Yeobosayo?” he muttered. He glanced at you. “Yeah, she’s here…” His voice got quieter as he walked into the other room, where you couldn’t hear him anymore.

 

Kyuhyun returned looking grim. “I have to go meet someone…I’ll be back in an hour, araso?”

“Neh,” you replied, disappointed. “Kyuhyun, just when are you planning to tell me the truth about what’s going on?”

He paused before answering you. “---------,” he replied, “I know I haven’t been the nicest of people to you. But I’m asking you to trust me. Trust me enough to not question what I’m doing, and I promise, I will tell you everything as soon as I possibly can. Please.” He looked at his watch. “I have to go. Stay here and DO NOT go outside.” With that, he walked out of the house and shut the door firmly behind him.

 

You frowned at the door. You hated having to be told what to do. But still...you were so curious as to what the heck was going on!

You walked to the window and saw Kyuhyun walking quickly down the street. He wasn’t in a car. Without thinking, you dashed out of the door and began to follow silently behind Kyuhyun.