Fifth Assignment

The Court of Rogues

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!

“Ah, dammit,” you sighed. It was your fourth security checkpoint of the day, and like the three before it, the scanner had issues with the weapons that you carried on your person.

“Come on, Siwon,” you pleaded. “Just let me through. All the Rogues have to carry weapons anyways.” You used your puppy dog eyes on him.

Siwon was not impressed. “As the Head of Security, you can hardly expect me to ‘just let you through.’ You need to show your weapons and make sure that they are only the ones issued to you. Also, if you carry any type of information on you in the form of flash drives or hard drives, you need to reveal it to me,” he said.

You were seriously getting tired of this lockdown.

Scowling, you removed two handguns, one pair of nunchucks, extra pairs of ammunition, three grenades, one laser, four capsules of poison, one lead baton, two daggers, one machete and various other knives from your person. You carried so many weapons because you believed in always being prepared.

Siwon didn’t even bat an eye. “Your handguns need to be unloaded. I will also be confiscating the capsules of poison, as information may be stored in them,” he said.

“What?!” you protested. “I need my guns to be loaded! Also, the poison capsules don’t have information in them. They have poison!”

Siwon just held out his hand. Grumbling, you gave him your poison containers and as he watched, you removed the bullets from your guns. 
As you were doing this, your other weapons were being passed through a scanner to make sure that you didn’t steal any and they were all yours.

A few minutes later, Siwon gave you the go ahead sign. Slowly and tiredly, you tucked your numerous weapons back into their holsters and in your clothes. You were seriously getting tired of lockdown.

~~~

You went through the security checkpoint and encountered Kangin and Yesung, deep in conversation. You were about to walk past them when Yesung stopped you.

“---------! Could you come here, please?” 
He introduced you to Kangin. Kangin was a Rogue double agent. He “worked” for one of the largest mobs in the area. They’d hired him to spy on the Court of Rogues, but Kangin really worked for the Court and scouted information on the gang. He was a tough guy, covered in tattoos with gang symbols cut into his hair.

Yesung continued with his briefing. “I know we’re under lockdown, but this gang assignment is very important. It’s the only one I’ve given out since we’ve been under lockdown. You haven’t seen Kangin around because he’s been busy collecting information against the gang leaders that will put them in jail for a very long time. We now have enough evidence against them to use in a normal court, thanks to Kangin.”

You shifted impatiently. “Why are you telling me this? I doubt I can fit in a gang as well as Kangin can.”

Yesung shook his head. “We don’t want you to be a double agent. We want you to be the leader of the team that arrests the gang leaders as they come together for a meeting.”

Your jaw dropped. You’d never lead a full team before on an assignment. “Sir, are you sure I’m qualified to lead this arrest? I’m sure Kangin is more than capable…” you said.

Yesung sighed. “-----------, please try to understand. Kangin is working for this gang. He will be at this meeting, so therefore he can’t lead the team. As we are still considered to be under lockdown, none of the other Heads or our senior Rogues can lead this either. It will be obvious to the traitor that a Head of a department is on an assignment."

"But-" you started to say before Yesung interrupted you.

"-I realize that the traitor is still here in the Court of Rogues, but we need to move now when the mob leaders are all together. So, your team will be only be Donghae, Kibum, Sungmin, Yunho, and Jonghyun. Kangin will be waiting for you at the meeting.” Yesung gave you a reassuring smile and left you and Kangin alone in the hallway.

Kangin moved restlessly. “I hope you know how dangerous this is, rookie,” he said quietly. “The traitor is still here in Rogue Court. If he gets wind of this assignment and somehow passes it on to the gang leaders, we’re all dead. Do you understand?”

You nodded. “I understand.”

To tell the truth, you weren’t really worried about this assignment. You were practically certain that Kyuhyun was the traitor. So all you really had to do was not tell him about the assignment, and everything would be fine.