Flying

The Court of Rogues

 

Kyuhyun leaned on you heavily as you walked through the door to his house. “I imagine, if I was drunk, it wouldn’t be this painful,” he said ironically as he half-collapsed to the couch.

“Stop talking and let me look at it,” you said briskly. You didn’t want to say anything, but you were really scared. He had lost a lot of blood...

You sighed in relief. The bullet had gone straight through his side, not hitting any major organs. He was bleeding a lot, but all you had to do was bandage his wound tightly and let him rest, and he would be fine. Quickly you found a roll of bandages and, after cleaning the wound, wrapped them around the hole in Kyuhyun’s side.

“Ow. That hurt!” he yelped.

“Don’t be such a baby,” you retorted. Finished, you stepped back and admired your work. A blush slowly started creeping up your face. Since Kyuhyun had been shot in the side, you had to remove his shirt and, well, Kyuhyun’s torso looked very fine for someone who had just been shot. The man kept himself in shape very well, and he looked quite dashing, with the bandages only helping to emphasize his abs. 

Kyuhyun smirked with a hint of his former cockiness. “Are you checking me out?”

You quickly looked away. “Not a chance,” you said, blushing even more.

He laughed, but quickly became serious. “----------, I have to tell you something.”

“No oppa, you have to rest right now,” you replied. “You can tell me later.”

 

“I need to tell you now!” he insisted. “Listen. I didn’t tell you this before, because I wasn’t sure. Now I am... You already know that Rogue Guild has been taken over by criminals. They are hunting down the employees, and either forcing them to work for the new Rogue Guild or killing them.”

You shrugged. “Why should I care about Rogue Guild?”

“You should care, my dear --------, because everywhere is dangerous now. The gangsters who run Guild worked with corrupt officials in the Court of Rogues. Dongwoon and Yoseob told me that not all the corrupt men in Pusan were killed. They’re still out there, and they are trying to kill you.”

“Me?” you said in shock. “Why me?”

Kyuhyun sighed. “You were held captive inside Guild. They are worried that you might have information that can hurt them.”

“But I don’t!”

“They don’t know that. So they’ll keep trying to kill you. Trust me on that,” Kyuhyun whispered sadly. “I’m supposed to be keeping you safe, and I go and get myself shot. Obviously not doing a very good job.”

“You couldn’t have known that they were going to attack at that moment,” you reassured Kyuhyun. “You’re doing a wonderful job.”

 

It happened so quickly that you didn’t even know who started it. First you were leaning over Kyuhyun as he lay injured on the couch, then you found yourself moving closer to him as he sat up. His hand was over yours- your lips met his, softly, sweetly. It had been such a long time since  you last kissed in that park, trying to act like a couple to catch G-Dragon and TOP. 

This time was much different. He was wounded, but his arms still crept up to hold you closer. Your hair bushed his face, but neither of you paid attention. You didn’t want him to stop kissing you, wanted to stay in the moment as long as possible. Nothing could hurt you when he held you like this. The kiss went deeper, longer- you were sinking in a sea of emotions and a deep, deep longing for him. This.... was perfect.

 

Soon enough, it occurred to you that this position could hardly be comfortable for him, hurt as he was. You broke the kiss, untangling yourself from his arms. 

“Are you alright?” you asked worriedly. “Do you feel any pain?”

To your surprise and delight, he laughed. “------------, after that kiss, I feel like I could fly!”