Raid

The Court of Rogues

 

“Ryeowook!!”

He was still upstairs in the security booth! Cursing yourself for forgetting him, you ran back inside the warehouse to get him and take him back to the getaway van.

Time was running out for you, though. Not all of the guards were dead or unconscious. There were still a number of guards inside the warehouse, which was why you all were still moving around quietly. One of these guards suddenly noticed that there was a lot less guards compared to this morning and decided to look around for the missing guards. He found the guards that you and Junsu had knocked out upstairs and sounded the alarm. Reinforcements from Rogue Guild were coming soon.

Frantically you signaled to Changmin and the rest of the team to drive away. There was no way you were going to risk the rest of the team and the loot for an error that you made. You and Ryeowook would just have to find your own way back.

Running to the security booth, you rammed head on into the group of guards that was trying to get to Ryeowook. Spinning and kicking, you took care of a couple, but one still managed to get his gun out. Ducking his bullets, you deftly grabbed his gun hand and snapped his wrist, forcing him to drop the gun. You struck his temples, then went after another guard, pulling him in front of you so he’d get riddled with bullets, and not you. The other guards finally realized that they were shooting at their comrade, and not you, and stopped firing. You dropped low to the ground and slipped into a shadow, making it seem like you‘d disappeared.

“Where’d she go?” you heard a guard mutter.

“I’m right here,” you replied, jumping out of your shadow and hitting him at the top of his spine.

You skillfully slipped in and out of shadows, disappearing one moment and then reappearing somewhere else. You were beginning to freak the guards out, but it wasn’t magic. It was just really good training by Hangeng. Finally, the guards lay unconscious in a circle around you…except for one. He was only pretending to be knocked out so he could shoot you as you turned your back.

He opened his eyes, aimed the gun, and pulled the trigger…except Ryeowook banged him on the head with a fire extinguisher before the guard could shoot. You turned and blinked at the fact that you had been so close to death.

“Oh…thanks.”

Before you could do anything more, you heard the sound of cars approaching…lots and lots of cars.

“We have to get out of here,” you yelled at Ryeowook.

“Duh…” he muttered.

You tried to find an exit, but saw guards everywhere. There were more of them than ever before, and they were coming up on you two fast.

“This way!” a voice called. You looked up and saw, to your great relief, Kibum!

“I couldn’t just leave you behind,” he said, smiling. You grinned back at him and for a moment was lost in his smile...until Ryeowook broke the spell.

"HELLO!! We need to get out of here!" he yelled in your ear.

You and Kibum came back to awareness with a jolt. "When I was helping to raid the warehouse, I saw another exit over here to the left!" Kibum explained. "Follow me!"

Rapidly he led the way with you and Ryeowook following. He motioned for you to go out an unfamiliar door. Once outside the warehouse, all three of you ran for your lives towards a small black car. Thankfully, it was unlocked and you hotwired the engine. Since it was a Rogue Guild car, you slowed down and were able to drive past all the other Guild cars without creating suspicion. Greatly relieved that everyone had gotten to Rogue Court safely, you laughed at the people from Rogue Guild who had to search an emptied warehouse for raiders that were far, far gone.

Despite your blunder at forgetting Ryeowook, this assignment was definitely a success.

===========================

The next day, Kibum caught up to you as you left the training room.

You smiled in delight. "Kibum oppa! I never got to fully thank you for helping Ryeowook and me out of the warehouse yesterday. So, thank you!"

"It was nothing." Kibum grinned, embarrassed. "However, I am expecting some payback from you."

Your mouth dropped open in shock. "Payback? Of what kind?"

Kibum laughed at your surprise. "---------, don't look so shocked. All I'm doing here is trying, and failing, to get you to go out with me."

If it was possible, you looked even more surprised than before. You quickly recovered from your shock with a happy laugh. "Kibum, I'd be delighted to go on a date with you."

============================

Across the hall, Kyuhyun watched you laughing with Kibum. "So the two idiots finally decided to get together," he muttered to himself. He couldn't stop himself from looking at your smiling face, though. He quickly shook himself and walked away.

"Maybe it's better to be a player like Jaejoong, after all."

=====================================
 
Comments? :D only a couple more chapters before I start adding the new ones, so thank you for being so patient, winglin readers ^_^