Suspect

The Court of Rogues

Eunhyuk slammed Kyuhyun against the wall with the arm that wasn’t broken. “Where the hell were you when Rogue Court burned? Where the hell were you when we needed you?!” he shouted. 

Kyuhyun rubbed his bruised shoulder. “I was protecting our future. While the rest of you tried to fight and Shindong fell, I took charge of the trainees and got them to another safe house. You’re welcome.” 

Eunhyuk backed off. “Oh.” 

Kyuhyun continued to speak to Yesung. “The trainees are safe with Yoochun, Changmin, Junsu, and Yunho at a safe house to the north of Seoul.” 

 

“Have you seen Kibum or -------- at that safe house?” Leeteuk interrupted. 

Kyuhyun frowned. “No, I thought they were here. I didn‘t see them at all during the attack, for that matter,” he replied. 

Yesung sighed and put his head in his hands. “If ----------and Kibum weren’t seen at the attack, then we can only assume that one of them or both is our double agent.” 

“No,” disagreed Heechul. “Kibum and --------- have been some of our best Rogues in Court. I refuse to believe that they could have betrayed us. There must be some reason for their disappearances.” 

“And the reason is that either Kibum or -------- was spying for Rogue Guild,” growled Siwon.

 

You ran, and kept running. You had refused the money Kibum had tried to offer you, so you couldn’t pay for anything. You hitchhiked when you could, but for the most part you traveled on foot, with only a little food or water, towards the safe house. Finally, exhausted and drained, you came upon a small house on the outskirts of Seoul. With shaking hands, you knocked on the door. You weren’t sure if anybody had survived the attack. What if they were all gone? To your great relief, the door opened and someone came out. It was Yesung. 

 

You nearly started crying again with relief. “Yesung? Thank goodness you’re alive! Who else survived?” you asked him. 

He hesitated. “--------, I don’t know if I should answer that. I don’t think you’re even allowed to talk to us.” 

You blinked, confused. “What? Yesung, what’s going on?” 

Yesung sighed and gingerly held his aching chest. His broken ribs hadn‘t fully healed. “--------, you are under suspicion for betraying the Court of Rogues.” 

You staggered back, stunned. “What?! Yesung, how could you say that?” 

Yesung stepped away from you. “I’m so sorry, --------, but I cannot let you in the safe house. We can’t trust you.” Quickly he opened the door and stepped inside, shutting the door in your face. 

“No!” you shouted. You banged on the door with your fists. “Yesung! It wasn’t me, I swear! It was Kibum! He’s the spy! Kibum is the one responsible for Henry’s and Kangin’s deaths! You have to believe me!” 

This new development was too much. The people that you had spent most of your life training and working with now couldn’t trust you. You took a few steps away from the safe house and collapsed into tears. 

 

Heechul watched you cry from the window. “She looks so sad,” he said to himself. “Could she really be the traitor?” 

Siwon overheard him. “We can’t trust her, even though we may want to, hyung,” he told Heechul unhappily. 

Leeteuk sighed. “Either she betrayed us or Kibum did. I don’t like either scenario.” 

Eunhyuk had managed to save his communicator from the attack. “Hyung,” he told Yesung, “Listen! According to my reports, the Court station in Pusan has also been attacked by Rogue Guild!” 

Yesung cursed. “I was hoping to go there and resume activities as soon as we’d recovered from our injuries,” he said. “It looks like all the Court Rogues will be stuck at these safe houses for a while.” 

“But what about --------?” asked Leeteuk. 

“Until she can somehow prove her innocence or Kibum’s guilt, we can’t let her into the safe houses,” replied Siwon. “It’s the only way to ensure complete security.” 

Kyuhyun watched all this silently, sitting next to Hangeng. 

“Go to her,” whispered Hangeng. His arms and legs were covered in white bandages, but he was conscious. “Keep her safe from Guild.” 

Kyuhyun scowled. “Aw hyung, why me? Can’t she take care of herself for a while?” 

Hangeng just looked at him. 

Kyuhyun groaned. “Fine. I’ll do it.”

“Oh, and Kyuhyun?” Hangeng’s soft voice called.

“What?” 

“Please try to be nice.”

 

=======================

A/N: Teehee. Kyuhyun has to be nice XD Anyway, thank you so much for all your wonderful comments! I do have a question, though. I'm thinking of making a sequel to the Court of Rogues, but as a one-shot apply fic. So, you guys would give me names, partners, and a scenario, and then I'd write a story with your characters as part of the Court of Rogues. Would anyone apply for that? lol