Harm

The Court of Rogues

 

It was getting dark. Kyuhyun made his way quickly up the street, ducking and weaving through the crowd. Once or twice he turned around to check if anyone was following him, but you always managed to lose yourself in the shadows before he noticed you. Kyuhyun walked a couple blocks before he abruptly turned left and walked into a tiny café on the side of the street, looking completely unsuspicious. The light from the café showed his figure clearly as he calmly sat at a table in the café, apparently waiting for someone. You crossed the street and stepped into a shadow, where you could remain unseen but still watch what was happening.

 

A few minutes later, you noticed two young men enter the café and sit down at Kyuhyun’s table. He nodded to them and said something. You were too far away to hear their voices, but luckily you had been trained to read lips.

 

“Dongwoon, Yoseob, thanks for coming,” Kyuhyun said. 

“It was the least we could do, hyung,” replied Yoseob. He had light brown hair and looked very young. 

Dongwoon shifted in his seat, clearly anxious about something. He brushed his reddish hair away from his face as he spoke. “The Court of Rogues in Pusan was attacked at about the same time as the Seoul station. We’ve had many casualties. However, not all of the intended persons were eliminated…”

Watching the scene, you saw Kyuhyun gave a tiny shake of his head.  “It’s not safe enough to speak of that,” he told the younger man.

Dongwoon nodded his head. “Very well.”

“Do you have the materials I requested?” Kyuhyun asked.

Yoseob casually pushed a small, wrapped package across the table to Kyuhyun, who smoothly grabbed the packet and made it disappear into his pocket. A casual observer would have never noticed the exchange.

 

After this was done, Dongwoon and Yoseob stood up. Yoseob suddenly grinned.  “It is good to see you again, hyung. Us back at the Pusan station missed you. Watch out for yourself, and the girl.”

Kyuhyun looked up, worried. “You know about her?”

“Relax,” Dongwoon said. “Ryeowook told us. Only our group knows, and we’d never tell.”

Kyuhyun sighed. “Thank you for all of this. Give my best to Doojoon, Kikwang, Junhyung, and Hyunseung as well.”

Yoseob laughed. “Bye-yeom!” 

And with that, Dongwoon and Yoseob left. Kyuhyun remained in his chair, looking tense. He rubbed a hand over his tired face, and ordered something to drink from the waitress. It occurred to him that you should probably get home before he did. Quickly you stepped out of the shop you were in, making sure that he didn’t see you, and began walking.

 

This part of Seoul was dangerous at night, and you were alone. You walked quickly, but unfortunately, not fast enough.

“What’s a pretty girl like you doing out here at night?” a voice sneered at you. You jumped and spun to see a group of five men, all looking at you with greed in their eyes.

“I think that the lady is lonely,” said one of them to his companions. Turning to you, he said, grinning creepily, “Like a bit of company, love?”

“There’s five of us, and only one of you,” smirked another creep. “You may as well give up now.”

“Get away from me,” you growled. Quickly you felt in your clothes for any weapons. Too late you realized that in your rush to follow Kyuhyun, you’d forgotten to bring anything with you. You cursed. You could have really used a knife right now!  

 

Shaking off any nerves, you ran at the men, hoping to take them by surprise. Striking at the guy nearest you, you kicked him in the stomach. When he dropped to his knees you used a two-handed blow to knock him out. Another attacker rushed at you. You dashed behind him and kicked at the back of his knees, and then his neck. He grunted in pain, falling to the ground. By then, the other three men had their knives out. One of them swung his weapon at you. You grabbed his wrist and wrenched it back, making him drop the knife. He screamed in pain and you punched him in the throat, choking him. You ran to hit the next man, but one of the men on the ground woke up and grabbed your ankle, pulling you to the pavement. You dropped and rolled, but not before a man kicked you hard in the chest and stomach. 

 

You gasped and rolled to your feet, trying to ignore the pain. A blade flashed in front of you, aiming for your chest. Your instincts kicked in and you jumped to the side, but not fast enough. The man holding the knife cut you along your arm. It felt like a line of sudden fire, but you shook off the pain and used your knee to kick the guy between the legs, where he dropped to the ground. 

 

Under normal circumstances, you would have been able to take out the men without any problems. However, you were still weak from when you were captured by Rogue Guild, not to mention you were out of practice. You looked around for your next opponent, breathing hard.

 

“This is stupid,” said a voice. You heard a click and slowly turned around. One of the men was holding a gun, and it was pointed at you. “On your knees, .” You froze, your hands in the air. There was no way you could get to the gun before the guy fired. You waited for death as the blood ran down your arm. The man began to pull the trigger…

 

But another hand came out of nowhere to grasp the man’s wrist and yank it upwards. The gun fired, but the shot missed you. 

“Filthy criminals.” Kyuhyun stepped into view, his face white with rage. “You DARE harm a Rogue?!” He spun and kicked the man in the head, then savagely punched him in the face. The man gasped and dove for a blade that lay on the ground. Kyuhyun moved too fast for you to see as he grabbed the man’s wrist and broke it, jamming his elbow into the man’s throat at the same time. 

 

One of the men that you had previously knocked out stumbled to his feet and attempted a swing at Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun swiftly reached out a hand and broke the man’s nose. He howled in pain as the blood ran down his face, but was soon silenced when Kyuhyun tripped him and the would-be attacked fell, cracking his head on the pavement. 

 

With all five of your attackers down on the ground, Kyuhyun turned to you. His eyes flashed with anger. 

“Let’s go,” he said, grabbing your uninjured arm. Quickly he led you back to the house.

 

Once there, he slammed the door and walked towards you. “You pabo,” he hissed furiously. “You stupid, stupid pabo. Of all the idiotic things to do, you had to do this!”

You swayed on your feet. The blood loss was making you dizzy, and there seemed to be two angry Kyuhyuns coming towards you. “Kyuhyun…” you whispered.

He noticed that you were bleeding and cursed. Shaking his head, he led you to a chair and brought out a roll of bandages as you sat down. 

“You are an idiot, you know that?” Kyuhyun sounded angry, but his hands were gentle as he bandaged your arm. “Going after me when I distinctly told you NOT to, then forgetting to bring a weapon with you…you could’ve been killed!”

You blinked, unfazed by his outburst. “How did you find me?”

“I noticed you were following me a few minutes after I left. That’s why I stopped Dongwoon from saying anything important.”

Your face fell as Kyuhyun chuckled. “Don’t look so disappointed. I had my Rogue training too, you know.” He frowned. “And then I couldn’t find you. I’m sorry I got to you so late.”

You managed a shaky laugh, remembering the gun pointed at you. “In my opinion, you got here just in time.”

 

=========================

 

A/N: YAY! Multiple chapters today, in celebration of getting through my first week of university lol. Anyway, I think this is pretty much how the rest of the story is gonna get posted- I'll do mulitple chapters at least once a week, or whenever I have time. Hopefully you guys will be nice enough to read haha

 

Thank you SO much for all the comments- they make my week ^_^