Revelation

The Court of Rogues

 

It had been a week since your humiliating defeat by Kyuhyun, and you were more focused on proving him the traitor than ever before. Somehow, you knew Kyuhyun was betraying the Court of Rogues, and Henry’s violin would prove it. The violin still sat in your room, having never been collected as evidence. Sitting on your bed, you took it out and began to run your fingers over it, searching for some opening or crack, just as you had done so many times before. You closed your eyes, silently hoping that this time would be different and you would find something.

“Kill the code, kill the code,” you whispered silently over and over to yourself. How the heck could you kill a code that you couldn’t find? Suddenly losing patience, you threw the violin on the ground and drew your gun.

“Henry wants me to kill the code, fine! You’re dead, do you hear me!? I killed the code and it’s D-E-A-D, dead! I’ll start shooting!…” you screamed at the violin until it occurred to you that you were, indeed, screaming at a violin. Just what you needed, to have a nervous breakdown over a violin. Sighing, you sank back down on your bed, until something occurred to you.

“What happens to a code when it is killed? It’s D-E-A-D, dead,” you said to yourself. What if the violin was the code itself, and you had to kill it? You sat back up, grabbed the bow, and tried to remember the violin lessons you’d taken years ago.

Slowly, you played the word, “DEAD” on the violin. You out each note, “D….E…..A….D”. As soon as you played the last note, the strings twisted off and away, revealing a microdot where the strings had previously been attached.

Microdots were tiny particles of information that the Rogues rarely used, as they were too complicated to find. You noticed that if the strings had been removed any other way, it would have disrupted the delicate structure of the microdot. You silently thanked your lucky stars that you hadn't lost your patience and shot the violin. With shaking hands, you brought the microdot to Ryeowook.

Henry’s death finally had a purpose.