Proof

The Court of Rogues

 

Ryeowook glanced up from his laptop, serious as you’ve ever seen him. “Oh, good, you’re here.”
“Did... did you get it?” you asked him. “The video?”
He nodded. “It’s footage from a security camera. Jaejoong thought he had disabled it, but I recognized his messing with it and managed to fix it in time.”
“Play it,” ordered Yesung.
 
The blurry video showed three men. One was definitely Kibum, the second was a high-ranking Rogue Court official, and the third was a tall, muscular man that you vaguely recognized from when you were held captive.
“Taec!” you gasped. “That... that man was there when they captured me. They called him Taec.”
Yesung nodded. “Ok Taecyeon. He is known to be working for Rogue Guild.”
“My sources tell me that Taecyeon is alive, but the official was killed during the attack,” Siwon reported.
 
You all watched as Taecyeon spoke briefly to both Kibum and the official, then handed them both large briefcases. Kibum looked very unhappy as he looked at the object in his hands, but the official received his briefcase with glee, smiling broadly as Taecyeon walked away.
“As soon as I saw this, I checked both of these men’s bank accounts. The day after this happened, both bank accounts had added more than a hundred million won to their totals... all in cash,” noted Ryeowook.
“Cash is untraceable...” muttered Leeteuk. 
You stared at Yesung. “Well, there’s your proof. I’ve never lied to any of you.”
He nodded. “Very well then. Welcome back, ------- you are once more a part of the Court of Rogues... or at least, what’s left of it.”
The three of them turned to leave.
 
“Hold it.” Kyuhyun muttered it though gritted teeth. “How dare you. How dare you accuse ------- of committing the worst crime possible, and then, once you’re proven wrong, you simply expect her to go back to her job like nothing happened?!”
You stared at Kyuhyun openmouthed. Did he... did he just say something in your defense?
“This is what I always hated about Rogue Court,” continued Kyuhyun, fuming. “You expect someone to devote their entire lives to you, ignoring everything else, and then you turn on them at a moment’s notice! ------- deserves better.”
 
He did!
 
Yesung looked at the two of you coldly. “The policies of the Court of Rogues have kept countless people safe. You can never be too trusting. Who are you to doubt us?”
“Kyuhyun, I don’t really think now is the time,” you whispered to him, grabbing his clenched fist. “Kyuhyun, please....”  
He frowned, glancing down at you then back at Yesung. “The Court of Rogues was attacked anyway, even with your stupid policies. And you nearly lost another good Rogue when you didn’t believe her story. It’s time for a change.”
Yesung suddenly smiled, defusing the tension. “I like your spirit, boy. Perhaps you can lead these changes when the Court of Rogues rebuilds. For now, we will go.” He turned and exited the room with Siwon.
Leeteuk, always the kind mother, now turned towards you. “Now that you’ve finally proved your innocence, you are welcome back at the safe house. Will you come with us?”
You looked at Leeteuk, startled, then back at Kyuhyun. He looked sad for a moment, then nodded encouragement. “Go with Leeteuk, it’s probably safer for you with them. They can protect you better than I ever could.”
You touched the bandage on your arm, thinking, then looked up and smiled at the man who had been keeping you safe all these past months. “I think you’re protecting me just fine. Leeteuk,” you said, turning to face the medic, “With all due respect, I think I’m going to stay with Kyuhyun. It’s one less person you have to worry about at the safe house, anyway.” 
Leeteuk nodded. “Araso. Stay out of trouble then, kids!”
 
After you had said your goodbyes to Ryeowook and were outside in the hallway, Kyuhyun turned to stare at you in wonder. “But... I thought the first chance you’d get, you’d go with them. I mean... you’re innocent! You don’t need me anymore.”
“That’s not true,” you replied softly. “You’ve done so much for me, Kyuhyun. You took me in when everyone thought I was a traitor. You protected me, and you proved my innocence once and for all! Thank you.”
He still looked slightly confused. “But... you don’t even like me.”
“What?!” you laughed. Instinctively, you stepped forward and kissed your Rogue gently on the cheek. Taking his hand, you smiled up into his startled brown eyes. 
“At the moment, Kyuhyun... I like you very much.” 
 
 
===============
A/N: Yay, new chapters! Sorry to keep you all waiting, but I'll probably be posting some tomorrow too! :DD
 
Comments/ feedback anyone? I love them all!! What are everyone's thoughts on the Kibum in this story? He did betray the Court, leading to a lot of people's deaths, but we now know that he did it for his sister. So is he really a bad guy? so what do you guys think?  I don't even know myself, and I wrote the story! XP
 
And sorry to everyone who was expecting more fight scenes, and instead got mushy scenes with Kyu. I'll try my best to balance things out haha
 
Sorry, one more authors note! I have nothing against 2PM, I quite enjoy their music, BUT they are known as "beastly" idols, so I figured they'd make good bad guys. Sorry if I offended anyone ><