Surprise

The Court of Rogues

 

A few weeks later...

 

The sun rose over a sleepy Seoul, bathing everything in the warm sunlight. The buildings shone as the sunlight reflected off them, but your face glowed with a light much stronger as you looked at Kyuhyun.

He laughed, noticing the look on your face. “Don’t stare at me like that. I get self-conscious.”

“You? Self-conscious? Don’t even lie, you love the attention,” you shot back.

“Okay, I admit, when it’s YOUR attention I’m getting, I do love it,” Kyuhyun replied smugly.

He reached for you and you walked, hand in hand, down the sunlit streets of Seoul.

 

A shriek split the silence. “Let me go, you thieves! Leave me ALONE!”

 

You and Kyuhyun looked at each other and, without a word, began running towards the commotion. A well-dressed young woman was surrounded by three men, who all had masks on. One was holding her tightly from behind while the other two greedily snatched her purse and jewelry. 

 

Kyuhyun got there first. He politely tapped the thief on the shoulder, then as the man turned around, slugged him in the face with a powerful right hook. The thief stood, swaying, and attempted a swing. Kyuhyun ducked, punched the man again, this time in the stomach, and he slumped to the ground. 

 

The second thief tuned to run... straight into you. “Well, gentlemen, that’s not how you treat a lady, is it?” you smirked. Then, too quick to see, you kicked up and hit the man in the jaw, knocking him out.

 

The third thief was still holding onto the young woman. As you watched, she sank her teeth violently into his arm. 

Yelling in pain, he let go. “Rogue Guild will hear about this!” he screamed. Then he noticed he was outnumbered, turned, and ran for his life.

 

“Rogue Guild?” you asked, disturbed. “They deal openly with criminals, now?”

“The entire organization is run by criminals,” Kyuhyun replied grimly. “Now that the Court of Rogues is out of the way and can’t stop them, they’re taking over the streets.”

“Are you all right, miss?” you asked the young woman. 

She nodded. “A little shaken up, but I’m not hurt. Thank you so much for coming to my aid. You even managed to make them drop my things!”

“Where are you going?” you asked, curiously.

She pointed. “I’m walking to the hospital to visit my boyfriend.”

“With that guy claiming to be a part of Guild, this area isn’t safe,” muttered Kyuhyun. “We’ll come with you.”

“Yeah! We can visit our friends at the same time,” you said excitedly.

 

You reached the hospital and got in the elevator with the young woman, expecting her to get off before reaching the floor where Donghae and Sungmin healed. Ryeowook had already been discharged and was most likely typing away on his laptop at the safe house.

 

To your surprise, the young lady got off the same floor as you and Kyuhyun. She turned left and walked into the room belonging to... Sungmin?

“Sungmin’s in trouble!” you gasped. You ran into his room, only to find your friend standing and embracing the woman that you had just saved from muggers this morning.

“Sungmin?” Kyuhyun asked, clearly puzzled. “What the heck are you doing?”

Sungmin stepped away from the mysterious woman, blushing. “Hello you two. This is Sunny. She’s um... well, she’s my girlfriend.”

Sunny smiled happily and waved. “Hi! I didn’t know you guys were Sungminnie’s friends!”

You were too stunned to reply for a moment. “... WHAT?!”

“It that... allowed? Having girlfriends?” Kyuhyun asked.

Sungmin scowled. “I don’t see you two having a problem with that.”

You and Kyuhyun immediately stepped away from each other. “Oh, we’re not...” you started to say.

“She’s not...” Kyuhyun said at the same time.

You frowned at each other and turned back to Sungmin and Sunny. “Well... congratulations!”

“Oh....” you said, realizing something. “Sungmin, that’s why you were acting so nervous and suspicious those last few weeks. You had a secret girlfriend!”

“Yeah,” Sungmin nodded, shamefaced. “We weren’t allowed to have relationships with people who weren’t Rogues, so I was really panicky and worried that someone would find out. The good news is,” he said embracing Sunny, “is that I’m retiring! I don’t have to keep her a secret anymore.” 

Sunny giggled. “They saved my life, you know,” she told Sungmin. These thieves were attacking me, and they beat them up!”

“Yeah, they’re pretty much superheroes,” Sungmin remarked dryly.

“Um. Well, we’ll just leave you two to your... hugging,” said Kyuhyun.

“Wait!” Sungmin held out his hand. “The hospital is letting me out today. I’d be honored if you guys hung out with me and Sunny for a while.”

“Sure thing!” you exclaimed brightly. 

Kyuhyun nodded. “Why not?”

 

Unknown to you four, Ryeowook had hacked into the hospital security cameras and was watching the whole thing. Seeing you and Kyuhyun agree, he yelled, “Yes! Double date!” and did a gleeful fist pump.

 

 

==========================

A/N: Hello my amazing readers!!! Thank you so much for constantly commenting, I really really REALLY appreciate it :) So, I know a few of you were asking about Sungmin, and now you know! Bonus points to those of you who guessed it, haha

Keep commenting/ giving feedback, please!! Thanks for being so awesome :D