Planning

The Court of Rogues

"Dammit!" you cursed and punched the wall. Ever since you figured out how to break the code on the violin, you'd been looking forward to revealing Kyuhyun as the traitor. Unfortunately, the microdot from the violin couldn't prove Kyuhyun guilty- or innocent. It didn't mention Kyuhyun at all, in fact.

What the microdot did contain was the coordinates of a large warehouse. “I think its Guild,” said Ryeowook, looking up from his computer.

You, Donghae, and Yesung scowled. Rogue Guild was your organization’s sworn enemy. Guild had come to power shortly after Rogue Court, and from then on they had always been jealous of the enormous influence that Rogue Court had over the rest of the world. You had never met a Rogue from Guild, and you never wanted to. People from Rogue Guild were criminals who masqueraded as peacemakers.

Needless to say, Rogues from both organizations hated the other’s guts.

“The warehouse is deep in Rogue Guild territory. The microdot doesn’t just give us the location of the warehouse, it gives us blueprints, guard schedules, camera placements, and, most importantly, what’s inside- weapons. Lots and lots of weapons. With this information, Rogue Court will be able to steal the weapons from the warehouse! We'll cripple Rogue Guild. Your hidden Rogue did a good job on this assignment.” Ryeowook stopped talking as soon as he saw a shadow pass over your face. You would never be able to forget the look on Henry’s face as he told you to leave him behind.

Donghae was the only other person besides the Heads that knew that the hidden Rogue had been Henry. He gave you a hug. “Henry knew what he was risking. Now we have to make sure that he didn’t die in vain,” he told you softly.

You looked Yesung and Donghae in the eyes. “We need to start planning.”

You walked into the large meeting room and looked around. You were told to meet the Head of Tactics and Strategy here, but all you saw was a young man with glasses at the far end of the table eating a very large bowl of noodles all by himself.

“Um, I’m supposed to meet someone here…?” you told the young man.

“That‘s interesting,” replied the young man. He finished his noodles and reached for a big cake. He began to eat it until he noticed that you were still standing there, unsure of what to do next.

He sighed and put down his cake. “Were you supposed to meet the Head of Tactics and strategy?” he asked. You nodded.

“Well, nice to meet you, whoever you are. I am the Head of Tactics and Strategy,” the young man said as he gulped down the rest of his cake.

“Um…What?”

Shim Changmin chuckled as he rose from the table. “I know. I don’t look like a Head. But I am, so we’d better get started planning for this raid on the Rogue Guild’s warehouse.”

Later that night, after three hours with the brilliant but four-dimensional Changmin, your brain felt like mush. However, you two had managed to come up with a pretty awesome plan for stealing Rogue Guild’s weapons. You reviewed it one last time.

“The Rogues will be split into 2 teams. Hangeng will lead one team, and I will lead the other. I’ll be taking Sungmin and Junsu, with Hangeng leading Donghae and Kibum. Ryeowook goes with Hangeng’s team so he can disable the security equipment.” You were happy that Kyuhyun wasn’t coming on this assignment, but you were even happier that Kibum was coming.

Changmin nodded. “Good. Now, the first team will enter from the left side door. According to Henry’s information, it is the least guarded of all the entrances in the warehouse. The second team will enter from the west-facing window on the second story of the warehouse. That window is the closest to the security booth, so they’ll have to deal with some guards before Ryeowook can get to the equipment. I trust you are all good at climbing?”

“Junsu is,” you replied. “After all, he specializes in raids. He’ll scale the warehouse wall first, then drop down ropes to me and Sungmin.”

You then went on to explain every last detail of the raid to Donghae, Sungmin, Hangeng, Kibum, Ryeowook, and Junsu, who had just entered the room. Carefully, you and the rest of your team reviewed the directions to take once inside, the defensive and offensive maneuvers to use when guards got involved, and what to do with all the loot.

Another three hours passed until Yesung, passing by, decided that it was enough and sent everybody to bed. This was going to be the biggest heist ever attempted on a Guild warehouse. You had the information and you had the plan.

Now all you and your Rogues had to do was execute it.

=============

A/N: Hello, dear readers! If you are enjoying the story, please don't hesitate to comment and let me know :) Thank you so much for reading!