Tears

The Court of Rogues

 

You knelt in the middle of the destruction, tears once again streaming down you face. “How could people be so destructive and cruel?” you whispered to yourself. You thought that you weren’t going to cry, you thought that you could be strong once you saw the wreckage for yourself, but now that you were seeing the result of the attack in real life, you were overwhelmed. What you saw on the tv screens in room at Rogue Guild was nothing compared to seeing in right in front of you. You continued crying, unaware of everything around you. 
 
Kyuhyun was standing a little bit behind you, to let you grieve in relative privacy. 
Suddenly he glimpsed a movement off to his left. Sunlight gleamed along the edge of a gun, dancing along the edges, and the gun was pointed at you. 
 
“DOWN!!” yelled Kyuhyun. Your old instincts kicked in, and you dropped, just like in the paintball game. You felt something whiz over you head, and you gasped in fear. Swiftly Kyuhyun drew his gun and shot the Guild Rogue who had shot at you. The man groaned and fell to the floor with a thud. You shivered, even though the day was warm. 
“Who was that?” you asked.
“A Rogue from Guild. He must have stayed here to watch for any Court Rogues that might try to come back,” Kyuhyun answered grimly. 
“Kyuhyun…thanks for saving my life,” you said softly.
He looked at you for a moment, an odd look in his eyes that you couldn’t quite understand. “You’re welcome. Now let’s go get Ryeowook’s laptop.”
 
The two of you walked to Ryeowook’s desk. It was a wreck, with gunfire marks and two of its legs broken off. Cautiously you looked inside the drawers. There it was, still quite clean despite the attack. You grabbed the laptop and stored it carefully inside your bag. “Got it. Let’s go now.”

A ghost of a smile lit Kyuhyun’s face. “Hold on. Aren’t you forgetting something?” He dangled the laptop charger in front of your face. 
You blushed, embarrassed. “Darn.”
Kyuhyun laughed, but it wasn’t meant to tease you. After a moment, it occurred to you that you had never seen Kyuhyun laughing before. It actually made him look quite handsome.
 
Ryeowook squinted at the computer screen, fingers flying over the keyboard. Suddenly he groaned. “No!” he cried, hands flying up to cover his face. He seemed close to tears. 
“Ryeowook, what is it? Is the laptop broken?” you asked worriedly.
Behind his hands, you could hear his muffled voice gasping out the three words he hated the most. “No…internet…service…”
“Can you still retrieve the video files?” asked Kyuhyun. 
“Of course,” replied Ryeowook. “But no internet, no email, no online tv episodes of My Girlfriend is a Nine Tailed Fox …how will I survive?” he sobbed.
“You’ll find a way,” you reassured Ryeowook, trying not to laugh at his hysterics. 
Kyuhyun just rolled his eyes. “The video files, please?”
“Right, right,” muttered Ryeowook, typing again. He paused. “Oh no.”
“Now what?” you asked.
He looked at you, pale. “The videos…I can’t find them! Someone must have deleted them off of my laptop while we were under attack.”
 
You swore. How were you going to prove your innocence now? You turned away, deep in thought, until a wave of exhaustion hit you and you stumbled, almost collapsing to the floor. Luckily, Kyuhyun caught you before you hit the ground. 
He frowned at you, holding you gently in his arms. “-------------, when was the last time you got some sleep?”
“I don’t know,” you replied tiredly. “I think it was when I was held captive in Rogue Guild.”
Kyuhyun shook his head. “It’s getting late. We’ll think about this tomorrow,” he said to Ryeowook. 
Ryeowook nodded. “Okay. I’ll try to come up with other solutions. See you guys tomorrow.”
 
=================
 
A/N: Agh, ok, two (kinda depressing, sorry) chapters to make up for yesterday. I'm starting college, so I'm kinda stressing here lol Anyway, thank you all so much for your lovely comments! It makes writing this story that much for fun haha. I'm sorry I can't reply for now (cough *collegeisstressful* cough) but I'll do my best to keep posting chapters! And probably comment back tomorrow.
 
Thanks so much for reading, and keep commenting, please! <3 <3 You guys are awesome XDD