Third Assignment

The Court of Rogues

 

In the dead of night, seven creatures crept. Dressed all in black, they dashed from shadow to shadow, desperate not to be seen. A flurry of movement, then, a burst of silenced gunfire. A guard fell, never to watch over anything else again.

The creatures moved closer and closer to the old abandoned building. But was it truly abandoned? Two more guards ran from the mouth of the building, only to be cut down- by what? None of the creatures had drawn their weapons. There, on the rooftop of another building. A young man lay on his side, clutching a long range rifle and smiling a rotten smile- a sniper. Another guard, about to call a warning, also fell. Another sniper, perhaps? Yes, there he was, on another building and muttering to himself in Cantonese.

The seven creatures split into two groups, each group running along both sides of the building. A single shadow detached itself from a group. Expertly, it began clambering up the side of the warehouse.

“Hurry up, Junsu!” you yelled in an undertone. “As Head of Burglaries, you should be good at breaking and entering.”

“---------! How many times have I told you, I am the Head of INVESTMENTS!” Junsu whispered down at you.

“Investments, burglaries, same thing,” you shot back. “They both take money from people.”

“Shut up, both of you!” quietly yelled Sungmin. He looked almost frantic, practically hopping up and down as he waited for Junsu to reach the window.

“Jeez, calm down, Sungmin,” you told him. Sungmin was usually never this nervous on missions, so you briefly wondered why he was so on edge.

“Heechul and Zhou Mi have already taken care of all the outside guards,” you reassured Sungmin.

He just gave you an annoyed look. “Junsu is just taking a long time, that’s all.”

You agreed. “Hurry up, duckbutt!” you called.

Junsu ignored this comment and continued climbing. Finally he reached a locked window big enough for your team to fit through, one at a time. Carefully and quietly, he fiddled with the lock, until suddenly it popped open.

Junsu looked down and gave you and Sungmin a huge grin. “I did it!” he whispered excitedly.

You rolled your eyes, but gave him a silent round of applause anyways. Junsu dropped down a rope from his pack, then quickly disappeared through the window.

You caught the rope, had Sungmin give you an extra boost, and climbed up. Quickly and quietly, you snuck through the window and dropped to the ground, avoiding any cameras that could be watching. You crept to where Junsu was and waited for Sungmin to enter. Junsu hand-signaled to you both that there were five guards inside the security booth nearby.

You nodded at Sungmin, who grinned and removed a small grenade from his pack and pressed the ‘activate’ button. He gently threw the grenade into the security booth where it quickly began discharging a colorless and odorless sleeping gas. The guards were knocked out in a matter of minutes and you, Sungmin, and Junsu stuck them all in a closet where they could sleep in peace and wouldn‘t be a bother.

You noticed a small, blue, blinking laser light near your head- Hangeng was signaling you from his position on the ground floor. You took out a red laser light and signaled him to send Ryeowook up. Ryeowook entered your point of view and entered the security booth. Swiftly he hacked into the security system and disabled the alarms, showing your team the positions of the remaining guards in the process. Typing so fast his fingers flew, he set up loops in the video cameras so that if anyone looked at the camera feeds, they would only see empty hallways instead of the Rogues stealing weapons.

As Ryeowook was doing this, you heard footsteps. Slipping into the shadows by the security booth, you waited until the guard was directly in front of you before you clubbed him in the back of his head. He dropped.

Unfortunately, you failed to notice that there was another guard following him. He stared at you with wide eyes and went for his gun until Junsu knocked him out with a swift blow to his temple. You nodded your thanks at Junsu.

“Let’s get this heist started.”

You, Junsu, and Sungmin ran down the stairs to join Hangeng, Donghae and Kibum, leaving Ryeowook behind in the security booth to watch for any more guards. You got downstairs just in time to watch a brilliant display of martial arts by Hangeng, as he took on three guards that decided (foolishly) to not use their guns and charge Hangeng instead. Hangeng spun, leaped, and punched so fast that Donghae and Kibum didn’t even bother helping him.

The guards were taken care of in a matter of minutes, and then you all got down to business. Your team took out large black bags and began to quietly stuff as much weapons and ammunition into them as possible. One aisle of the warehouse cleared, then two…then six. Outside the warehouse, Changmin pulled up in the getaway van. Half of the team ran out to empty the bags in the van. The other half stayed inside and continued raiding the warehouse in silence. A little while later, most of the weapons were taken by your Rogues and you all were preparing to leave in the getaway van.

However, you’d forgotten one very important thing.

“Ryeowook!!”