Gift

The Court of Rogues

 

Some time later, at Kyuhyun's house:
 
`
“Do you really think you should be doing this?”
Kyuhyun scowled at you. “Will you stop being my mother already? I told you, I’m practically healed!” He kept grumbling as he picked up a long, narrow piece of wood- a staff.
You raised an eyebrow skeptically as you lifted your own staff. “I really don’t know if you should be training this early after a gunshot wound.”
“Look, just don’t hit me in the side and I’ll be fine.”
You shrugged. “If you say so.” 
 
You and Kyuhyun circled each other, the staffs of wood held carefully in your hands as you began sparring.
“You really are worried about Rogue Guild, aren’t you?” you asked Kyuhyun as you swung your weapon up towards his head.
He shifted his stance and moved his weapon up to block yours, opening his mouth to reply.
“And don’t try to hide it from me,” you said sternly. You changed her position and swung again at Kyuhyun.
 
He smiled a little and shook his head while dodging your blow, whipping his staff down at your feet to try to trip you. “You know me too well.”

You jumped nimbly over his weapon as he continued talking. 
“Yes, I’m worried. Every day the gangsters that run Rogue Guild grow stronger. There’s rumors that they are either forcing the old members of Guild to work with them, or die. They’ll take over the streets if we don’t do something fast, and your life is in more danger than- OW!”
You, tired of his depressing mood, had smacked his shoulder while he stood lost in his thoughts. “Hey! Always concentrate on the enemy, remember?”

He scowled at you sulkily. “YOU’RE the one who started me talking.”

You laughed at him. “You need to relax, ok? I’m a good fighter, you’re practically healed, and the Court of Rogues is slowly rebuilding.”
“But what if something happens to me? And I haven’t heard from anybody at the Court of Rogues in a long time...”
You waved your staff at him mock- threateningly. “You want me to whack you again?” 

 
Kyuhyun grinned and pretended to be scared. “Oh no, please don’t hit me with that stick of yours! I’m so frightened!” Then, too fast for you to defend yourself, he swept his staff behind you and rapped your legs, making you stumble forward into his arms. 
“Show-off,” you muttered, but you smiled up at him anyway.
He chuckled. “You liked that move, don’t lie.”
Before you could protest, he bent down and kissed you sweetly on the mouth. Your knees suddenly felt weak and you had to hold onto him for balance. Before you could do anything else, he broke the kiss.
“---------, I have to go out and get something really quick. Don’t leave the house, araso?”
“Neh, oppa,” you replied softly. “I’ll be here.”
 
====================
 
He came back a few hours later, and he didn’t look like he was carrying anything.
“What was is you had to get?” you asked curiously.
Kyuhyun looked slightly nervous. “Um. Here.” From his pocket he took a small, carefully wrapped package and it awkwardly at you.
“Oooh, a present!” you said excitedly. You unwrapped it, finding a box under the paper. 
Uh-oh. It was a small box, just the perfect size for jewelry...
“Um... Kyuhyun? Is this what I think it is?”
“Yes. No! Maybe? Is what you’re thinking the same as my thinking when I thought about that thing...?” He sighed. “Just open it already.”
 
You hesitated, then pulled out a gorgeous piece of jewelry. It was a small gold crown on a gold chain, with a huge blue sapphire in the middle of the crown. “The symbol of Rogue Court…” you whispered in awe.
“It’s to always remind you of what The Court of Rogues used to be,” Kyuhyun told you. 
You raised an eyebrow. “That’s the only reason you got me this very expensive necklace? So I wouldn’t forget anything?
"
He blushed. “Well, I also got you the necklace because you’re my…girlfriend. Um, you ARE my girlfriend, right?”
“Are you dating anybody else?”

“No!”
“So I guess I am,” you replied laughing. “You wanna help me put it on?”
He took the necklace from you and placed it around your neck. His fingers brushed your skin, ever so gently. 
You tilted your head as he stood behind you. “Oppa. Is there something you’re not telling me?”
His fingers stilled, then fastened the necklace around your neck. “Why do you ask?”
“Well, it’s not everyday that you go out and buy a really expensive necklace for your girlfriend. It’s not even the holiday season yet!”
“You’re welcome, by the way.”
You blushed as the beautiful sapphire twinkled at you. “Thank you. Very much. Now answer the question.”
Instead of answering you, he swept you into a fierce kiss. “You ask too many questions, ----------. It’s pretty, you’re pretty, I though you would like it. You’re welcome.” 
 
=================
 
A/N: Whew, ok, three new chapters this week from me! Hope you like them :) Thank you all for your lovely comments, they really are appreciated. I will try to reply as fast as possible :DDD Keep commenting, my awesome readers + subscribers!!! Oh, and reccomend this story to your friends, if you please :)