Fourth Assignment

The Court of Rogues

A few days later after the Raid assignment and your date with Kibum, you were enjoying the benefits of a day off.

“Ahhhhh,” you sighed happily. “Today is all MY day!” You were in the park, enjoying the peaceful morning with nothing and no one to bother you. The only thing ruining your happiness was that you weren’t with Kibum. He’d been called off on a solo assignment, and so couldn’t spend the day with you. You relaxed on your bench and tucked your hands behind your head. It was nice to not have any assignments.

Suddenly, the peaceful silence was interrupted by a loud and harsh sound.

“RRRRIIIIINNNNNGGGG!!!!!!!”

You nearly fell off your bench before you noticed that it was your phone making that awful noise. Gruffly, you answered. 
“What?!”

It was Yesung. “--------. I do realize that you were granted a break after your raid on the Rogue Guild warehouse, but Shindong’s found a criminal on the loose, and I think you know him. You remember Kwon Ji Yong?”

Damn. Ji Yong was one of those delinquents that gave you constant headaches. He was a master con artist as well as a good escape artist. You had arrested him countless times, only for him to escape punishment by posting bail or somehow escaping the jails he’d been put into. His street name was G Dragon. Currently he’d escaped from the fifth prison he was put into and was on the loose.

Yesung continued speaking. “Shindong notified us of a possible sighting of Ji Yong near you. I want you to follow him to his hideout, then arrest him and bring him into Rogue Court custody.”

You sighed. “Fine, I’ll bring him in…again.”

“Oh, one more thing,” Yesung added. “Ji Yong may have allies with him. As skilled as I know you are, I still don’t want you to arrest Ji Yong alone. Unfortunately, the only other Rogue in the area at the moment is Cho Kyuhyun.”

WHAT?!

“Ryeowook and Changmin will be assisting the two of you through your earpieces. They’ll be able to see what’s going on through the video cameras set up along the way. Good luck.” And Yesung hung up the phone.

Cho Kyuhyun?! You silently screamed at your phone. You were supposed to arrest a possibly dangerous criminal with a man you suspected of betraying the Court? This morning was getting worse and worse.

You placed your earpiece in your ear.

“Hey, --------,” said Ryeowook through the earpiece. “I heard we’re working with Kyuhyun today. Hopefully the two of you won’t kill each other long enough to make an arrest.” You heard him snickering to himself.

“This isn’t funny!” you told Ryeowook. “Kyuhyun is possibly a traitor and I don’t trust him!”

Changmin came on the line. “Yesung trusts him,” he replied. “That should be enough.”

“Speak of the devil,” you muttered to yourself as Kyuhyun came into view.

He smirked at your obvious displeasure. “Hopefully you won’t screw this up like you nearly screwed up that raid, --------,” he said.

“At least I didn’t mess up as badly as you did with that spy,” you shot back at him.

Kyuhyun looked furious. “Did Kibum tell you that?” he asked in a soft, deadly voice.

You nodded, slightly troubled at his tone.

“Kibum doesn’t know what the hell he’s talking about,” Kyuhyun snarled. He began walking away. “Let’s just get this over with.”

=========================

“Ji Yong was just seen coming out of a building south-southwest of the park and moving north.” Ryeowook told you. “You’ll be able to intercept him if you take the path through the park going west. Move!”

You and Kyuhyun followed Ryeowook’s instructions and sure, enough, there he was. The crook known as G Dragon in the streets, real name Kwon Ji Yong. He ambled slowly along the sidewalk as you and Kyuhyun silently slipped unnoticed behind him. The two of you followed him for a while, hoping to find his hideout quickly and get this assignment over with.

“Hold it!” snapped Changmin through the earpieces that the both of you had on. “Kyuhyun and ----------, you both look incredibly suspicious. If Ji Yong turned around suddenly, what were you planning to do? He’d know that you were Rogues and make a run for it! Please try to act less like Rogues making an arrest and more like a couple taking a peaceful stroll down the sidewalk.”

You gagged. “Why do we have to act like a couple?” you complained. “Plenty of young men and women walk together without being in a relationship.”

You heard Changmin sigh. “Just do it, please.”

Kyuhyun grinned, obviously enjoying this. “You have to hold my hand,” he said. 
Grimacing, you took his hand in yours. “Let’s go, oppa,” you said sweetly to Kyuhyun.

Back at Rogue Court, Ryeowook was trying, and failing, to hold in his laughter. He fell out of his seat clutching his sides and giggling as Changmin nodded his approval at the two of you. “That’s more like it.”

Ji Yong was taking forever to get to his hideout. Meanwhile, you and Kyuhyun were doing your best trying to act like a cute, unsuspicious couple. You even faked giggling a couple times, just as Kyuhyun pretended to whisper sweet nothings in your ear as the two of you walked along.

Too bad your giggles sounded more like choking and Kyuhyun was really whispering insults in your ear.

Back at Rogue Court, Ryeowook and Changmin were observing the scene through their video screens.

Changmin sat up suddenly. “Hold up. Who is that guy at the bottom left of the screen? He looks familiar.”

Ryeowook frowned as he looked at the guy’s face. “I know him from somewhere…” He puffed out his cheeks as he did a facial identification search on the man. He gasped. 
“Oh no. This assignment just got a whole more complicated…”

“Kyuhyun and ---------,” you heard Changmin say in your ear. “You are being followed by Choi Seung Hyun, street name TOP. He’s a very dangerous criminal who escaped his jail cell at about the same time Ji Yong escaped his. We didn’t know that they were working together until now. I don’t think he knows you two are Rogues, so do something to get him off your tail!”

“What are we going to do?” you whispered to Kyuhyun.

“I don’t know,” he replied and looked worried.

“He’s coming up behind you!” yelled Ryeowook. “Quick, act like a couple. KISS!!”

You and Kyuhyun stopped in your tracks.

Oh HELL no.

Before you could do anything else, you felt yourself being pushed up against the wall. “Don’t-” you started to say.

Kyuhyun looked you in the eyes. “Look, I don’t want to do this either,“ he hissed. Then he planted his hands on either side of you so you couldn’t escape and pressed his body up against yours.

You had a brief second to think, *Ryeowook is SO dead after this*, and then Kyuhyun’s lips crushed down on yours. Oh no. You were now kissing a possible traitor…and shockingly, you were kind of liking it.

You made a move to end the kiss. Your hands crept up to Kyuhyun’s chest, but instead of pushing Kyuhyun away, they moved by themselves up to his neck and pulled him closer. Kyuhyun’s arms dropped from either side of you and, to your surprise, wrapped around your waist, pulling you closer. *He’s not a bad kisser*, you thought, and then you didn’t think at all as Kyuhyun shifted his stance and deepened the kiss.

You two held each other for a while until Changmin quietly cleared his throat.

“Ahem…sorry to interrupt you two, but Seung Hyun has passed you by and Ji Yong is getting further and further away…”

You and Kyuhyun broke the kiss abruptly and stared at each other with equally shocked faces.

“Wow,” muttered Ryeowook. “That was one hell of a kiss!” You and Kyuhyun would never, ever admit it, but at that moment, you were both thinking the same thing.

Kyuhyun was the first to recover. “Come on,” he said, brusquely grabbing your arm. “We have to catch up to Ji Yong and Seung Hyun to arrest them.”

You couldn’t see Ji Yong anymore, but you could see Seung Hyun, and you guessed that wherever he was going, Ji Yong would be going as well. Quickly you both caught up to Seung Hyun, but were far enough behind that it wasn’t obvious that you were following him.

Finally Seung Hyun stopped at a medium-sized building. Furtively he looked around and checked his surroundings, but luckily Kyuhyun had expected this and dodged around the corner and out of sight, pulling you with him. Seung Hyun, confident that no one had seen him, knocked three times on the door and slipped inside as it opened.

“We’ve got the location of the hideout,” you reported to Ryeowook and Changmin. “Should we go in and make the arrests, or wait for reinforcements?”

Before they could answer, Ji Yong and Seung Hyun, accompanied by another man, exited the building through the side.

The scene froze for a moment at they stared at you and Kyuhyun, and you stared back. Then everything started moving again.

“Run, Young Bae!” yelled Ji Yong. “We’ll distract them!” And with that, he and Seung Hyun ran at you and Kyuhyun.

Before you could draw your gun, which you always kept with you, they were upon you. Seung Hyun wildly swung at your midsection. You jumped back, pulled his collar toward you to keep him off balance, and hooked your ankle around his legs, forcing him to the ground. There you aimed a few kicks at his head, and as he covered his head to protect himself, kicked him, well, where a man should never be kicked. As he howled in pain, you grabbed his head and banged it against a pole, knocking him out and giving him some sweet relief from his pain.

You turned to see Kyuhyun dodge a blow from Ji Yong, who had somehow produced a knife from somewhere. As Ji Yong lunged with the knife, Kyuhyun quickly stepped to the side and caught Ji Yong’s knife hand, then forced Ji Yong’s arm way up behind his back, dislocating his shoulder and making him drop the knife. Kyuhyun shoved Ji Yong towards the wall of the building, where he promptly rapped his head and fell unconscious.

“Get Yong Bae!” yelled Ryeowook. “Reinforcements will be there soon to collect these two. Go, go, go!”

You both sprinted after Young Bae. He led you through the narrow streets, hoping to shake you both. Dashing after him through crowds of people and tiny alleyways, you both started to gain on him, despite his head start. Then Young Bae ran through a diner. He ran over tables and customers, with you and Kyuhyun close behind and dodging everybody. You were still close behind, but his lead had slightly increased. Young Bae, seeing that this strategy worked, ran through another diner, this time knocking over a huge bowl of gelatin as he ran by. You and Kyuhyun slipped and slid through the gelatin, barely managing to keep up the pace. 
The third time Young Bae did this, Kyuhyun cursed and changed direction.

“I’m going around!” he yelled at you. You shook your head and continued through the restaurant.

You caught up to Young Bae almost enough to tackle him to the ground when SPLASH!! A cook, not noticing your frenzied chase, had tossed dirty dishwater right at you, aiming for the sink. Immediately you got soaked to the skin and slipped on the wet floor, falling with a crash. Cursing and spluttering, you looked up just in time to see Kyuhyun appear from around the side and grab Young Bae by his shirt.

Yesung and the other reinforcements from Rogue Court drove up just then, in time to see Kyuhyun slap handcuffs on the grumbling Young Bae.

“Good work, Kyuhyun!” said Yesung. “---------, stop fooling around with the water. You’re on an assignment, for goodness’s sake. You’re supposed to look dignified.”

Kyuhyun smirked as Yesung continued scolding you. “I suppose someone was a bit too immature today,” Kyuhyun mocked you as you sat there, still soaking wet.

“Aish…” you grumbled to yourself. “Today is so NOT my day.”