His Plan

Let Me In

A hour had passed since the Midnight Jam started. Amongst the seniors, Baekhyun and Xiumin were the last to perform. After their performance, there was an intermission and then the Juniors would be performing.

To end off for the all Juniors’ performances, you and Luhan were scheduled for the last performance.

Baekhyun and Xiumin came back into the waiting room minutes after their performance ended.

“That was great, you guys!” Chanyeol congratulated the two boys on their wonderful performance.

“You never fail to put up a wonderful performance, Baek.” Kai said and flashed him a thumbs up.

“Hey! Baekhyun wasn’t the only one who performed there!” Xiumin pouted, jealous that Baekhyun was getting most of the compliments.

“You were great too, hyung.” Chanyeol bumped fists with him.

Baekhyun was glad that he had received such positive comments from his friends but what he really wanted was to come into the room greeted with your hugs and compliments. But that didn’t happen because you were still mad at him.

Baekhyun’s eyes drifted over to the other side of the room where you were touching up your make up, hoping that he would receive at least some sort of compliment from you.

Your eyes coincidentally met through the mirror and you turned to quickly look away.

Without meeting his eyes, you said, “That was a great performance Oppas.”

That was all you said, but Baekhyun was contented.

About half an hour later, the teacher came into your waiting room to call you and Luhan out to wait backstage for your turn. You inhaled and exhaled, trying to calm yourself.

“Goodluck Rinnie!” You heard Chanyeol and Kai shouted as you walked towards the door.

“Break a leg, little sis.” Baekhyun smiled warmly at you before you left.

While you and your partner were backstage checking your microphones, Chen was outside anticipating your performance. I wonder how her voice sounds like. He thought as he sipped on his diet coke.

In two minutes, the MC of the night (Mrs Lee) had introduced the two of you and you stepped onto the stage.

The moment Chen saw you on stage, he smiled, getting excited by the second.

The lights dimmed down and the music started.

 

[Luhan] Girl
I can‘t explain what I feel

[Luhan] Ou~Oh~Yeah
My baby, baby, baby, baby
Yeah~Yeah

[You] Haruga machi ilbunchorom neukkyojige mandeulji
Nomanisseumyon yonghwasoge juingong
[Luhan] Nol borodallyoganeun eksyonsinirado jjigeulgot chorom
Nan machi yongungi dwen gotchorom

[Luhan] Non nege wanbyok
[You] Sangsanghebwasso
Hamkkeramyon ottolkka Yeah
[Luhan] Nan noman gwenchantago malhejumyon modu wanbyokhe
Oh baby

I lost my mind
Noreul choeummannasseultte
No hanappego modeungoseun Get in slow motion
[You] Nege marhejwo ige sarangiramyon
Meil geudewa
Sumaneun gamjong deureul lanwojugo bewogamyo
Ssaugo ulgo anajugo
[Luhan] Nege marhejwo ige sarangiramyon

Sesangnamjadeul modu nalburowohe
Noreul gajin nega jiltuna jukgennabwa

[You] Hega gado dari gado jolde anbyonhae~Woah
Nan bogiboda ujikhage mideullamjaraneungol
Non algedweltenikka Woah~
[You] I~don’t know why
Joldejogin igamjong nega senggakjocha hesseulkka
Ne gyote isseultte nan jomjom dedanhan namjaga dwedo
Bitnaneun gol

I lost my mind
Noreul choeummannasseultte
No hanappego modeun goseun Get in slow motion
[Luhan] Nege marhejwo ige sarangiramyon
[You] Meil geudewa
Sumaneun gamjongdeureul lanwojugo bewogamyo
Ssaugo ulgo anajugo
[Luhan] Nege marhejwo ige sarangiramyon

[Luhan] Ganjorhi barago barandamyon
Irwojilkka
Donghwayegichorom
Yongwonhan dulmane Happy ending happily ever after Woah~
[You] Namaneun nol midojugo jikyojugo dallejulkke
Nipyoni dwelkke
Nigyoteso jolde anttona~

I lost my mind
Noreul choeummannasseultte
No hanappego modeun goseun Get in slow motion
[You] Nege marhejwo ige sarangiramyon
Meil geudewa
Sumaneun gamjongdeureul lanwojugo bewogamyo
Ssaugo ulgo anajugo
[Luhan] Nege marhejwo ige sarangiramyon

Sesangnamjadeul modu nalburowohe
Noreul gajin nega jiltuna jukgennabwa
[You] My babe, baby babe, baby baby
Nolaraboneungol
Ige sarangingolga
[Luhan] Aichorom nol jaju utgemandeulgo
Chingguchorom nol gajang pyonhage mandeulkkoya
[You] My babe, baby babe, baby baby
Marhejwo nege What Is Love?

 

Just as rehearsed, Luhan had given you most of the lines with the high notes. And when you had reached that high note, Chen shivered and goose bumps formed on his skin. Woah…

Your performance ended and the two of you returned to your waiting room.

“That was fantastic, Rinnie!” Chanyeol and Kai gave you a big hug.

You were still mad at them at that point but you still lightly patted their backs with a soft ‘Thanks’.

Baekhyun came up to you and embraced you tightly, “You never fail to make me so proud of you.” He whispered to you and you felt happy. You gave him a small smile and went to your side of the waiting room to get your clothes so that you could change into something comfy.

When you came back in your comfortable clothes, and you noticed that Luhan still haven’t returned. You were supposed to go home together with Luhan so you decided to just wait for him.

Meanwhile, Baekhyun was on his way back to the waiting room after a trip to the washroom. On the the way back, he noticed the lights in one of the waiting rooms still on. The Midnight Jam was long over and he figured that someone had just forgot to switch off the lights.

Being the nice guy he was, Baekhyun went over to the room to see if anyone was in. If there weren’t, then he was going to switch off the lights.

As he was approaching the room, he heard laughter from what seemed like two boys. When he got close enough, he realised that one of the voices belonged to someone he knew. Luhan! What is he doing here when my sister is waiting for him back in our waiting room?

Curious, Baekhyun decided to eavesdrop for a while. Yes, he knew that eavesdropping is a horrible thing to do but he had a gut feeling that he needed to.

“Haerin’s such a stupid girl,” Luhan chuckled. “I can’t believe she’s so naive! Not that I mind, though. It was because of her gullibility that my plan was a success.” Baekhyun could hear the smirk in his voice.

Plan? What plan is he talking about? Baekhyun thought with trembling fingers as you tried to see who was the person he was talking to.

“I heard the performance just now,” The guy who was with Luhan said. “I'm sure you’ll be getting an A for your Singing class.”

“I should get an A for acting too.” Luhan said. “Do you have any idea how much I suffered acting as if I like Haerin for the past week?”

“But it was all worth it, wasn’t it?” The two of them laughed as if your misery was the most funniest thing on Earth.

“What are you going to do with her now, though?” Luhan’s friend asked. “You’ve got your A, so are you going to just dump her like that?”

“Hmm, I don’t know.” Luhan said. “Maybe I’ll just play with her for now. She is pretty and popular.” He chuckled.

Baekhyun stood there speechless. He knew that Luhan had been playing you since the beginning but to find out his plans like this was just too much. He wanted to go into that room right now and punch the living out of Luhan but he knew he couldn’t.

Baekhyun went back to his waiting room to stop you from going home with Luhan but when he reached, you were gone and so were yours and Luhan’s things. The only ones left in the room was Chanyeol, Kai and Minyoung. Even Xiumin had left already.

“Hey, guys, where did my sister go?” Baekhyun asked his friends.

“She got a call from Luhan, then she took all her things along with Luhan’s and left.” Kai said.

Chanyeol then saw the distressed look and Baekhyun’s face. “What’s wrong, Baek?”

“Everything’s wrong!” Baekhyun sighed. “I just overheard Luhan talking to his friend about Haerin. Turns out, he was using her to get an A for his singing class. And now, he wants to just ‘play’ with her until he feels like dumping her.”

Baekhyun sighed again in frustration and buried his face in his hands.

“But why Haerin? Why not someone else?” Kai asked. “I mean, if all he wanted was an A for singing then he could’ve partnered up with someone else.”

“Because Haerin’s the only one in our class who gets perfect scores for singing every single time.” Minyoung quietly said. “She may not be the best in our batch, but she definitely is the best in our class. And for the Midnight Jam, we were only allowed to partner up with someone from the same class.”

“This is bad.” Baekhyun shook his head. “This is really really bad.”

*

At five in the morning, Luhan and you were walking back home from your short walk in the park. As usual, he would walk you until you reached your apartment building.

“Sleep well, okay? You’ve done well tonight.” Luhan cupped your cheek and ran his thumb across. “We’ve done well.”

“You’re right. We deserve a good rest,” You smiled and took his hand away from your face. You tiptoed so that you were at a better height and kissed Luhan on his cheek.

“Goodnight, Lulu,” you whispered. Giggling, you backed away and ran into your apartment building.

Lulu? Luhan chuckled at your nickname for him and walked away when he saw you enter the lift.

When you reached your apartment, you noticed a figure lying down on the couch in the living room. You walked towards it and realized that it was Baekhyun. He must’ve been waiting for me to come home and fell asleep. You softened your gaze at him.

Quietly, you went inside his room and brought out his blanket. You slowly placed it over him, careful not to wake him up. When the blanket was nicely put over him, you left him and went into your room and got ready for bed.