Promise

Let Me In
The school day went by quickly and before you know it, the dismissal bell had rung. You took your time packing your bag and then left your acting class with Minyoung.
 
“So, where is Luhan taking you to later?” Minyoung casually asked.
 
“Don’t know. Probably the café that’s across the street, and then dinner.” You guessed. “Or maybe we’re gonna go watch a movie? I really don’t know.”
 
“Isn’t it weird though, how Luhan just suddenly asks you out?” Minyoung asked.
 
“Hmm, not to me. I think it’s kind of cute, actually.” You grinned to yourself.
 
“Aish, whatever. Just be careful okay.” Minyoung warned.
 
“Of course I will! I’m a big girl now.” You laughed.
 
“Where are you going to meet him though?”
 
“At the school gates.” You recalled. “But I’m just going to put my books in and see Oppa for a bit and then I’ll leave.”
 
Just as you said that, you saw Baekhyun, Chanyeol and Kai standing by the lockers. 
 
“Oh, Oppas!” You called and skipped towards the boys.
 
“What are you doing here, Rin? I thought you had a date with Luhan?” Kai asked.
 
“Yeah, I do. I just gotta put my books in my locker first,” You said as you opened your locker. But suddenly, you turned back to face Kai. “How did you know that I have a date with Luhan later?”
 
“Baekhyun told me, duh.” Kai rolled his eyes. “I asked him earlier if you two wanted to come over after school but you’re busy. So it’ll just be Baekhyun and Chanyeol.”
 
“Oh, okay.” You shrugged, not knowing he was lying. “What about Minyoung?”
 
“I would go, but I have a ton of work waiting for me at home.” Minyoung sheepishly said. “Sorry again Kai Oppa.”
 
“No worries.” Kai winked.
 
“Oh, look at the time!” You said as you checked your watch. “I have to meet Luhan in 3 minutes.”
 
“Well, what are you waiting for? Go!” Minyoung pushed you towards the direction of the school gates.
 
“Okay, okay!” You said to Minyoung. “Bye guys, see you tomorrow!”
 
You gave everyone a quick hug and started to walk towards the direction of the school gates.
 
“Remember to text me where you’ll be going so that I know, arraso!” Baekhyun called and you just gave an okay sign.
 
The four of them watched you run off happily towards the gates where Luhan was already waiting for you and sighed.
 
“She’s gonna get hurt again, won’t she?” Chanyeol softly whispered.
 
“As much as I want to believe that she won’t, I can’t help but feel that she will.” Kai said.
 
“But it’d be horrible of me to just not let her go.” Baekhyun said. “Aish, why must she be so naïve.”
 
“It’s okay Oppa. If anything wrong does happen, we’ll all be here for her.” Minyoung put her hand on his shoulder and gave it a little reassuring squeeze.
 
Baekhyun looked up at his two best friends. “Why can’t Minyoung just date either one of you. Life would be so much more easier like that.”
 
“Excuse me, but we’ve never made a move on Minyoung before because you made us promise you not to.” Kai crossed his arms and glared accusingly at Baekhyun.
 
“Although we would very much love to.” Chanyeol sighed.
 
Baekhyun stared at them with a blank face, trying to remember what they were talking about.
 
About a year ago, not long after the two of you had enrolled into the school, Baekhyun invited Chanyeol and Kai over to your apartment for the first time. They had been assigned to do a project together and Baekhyun decided that they could do it in the apartment. 
 
After school that day, the three of them met at Baekhyun’s locker before leaving school to go to the apartment. On that day, you were sick and Baekhyun had made you stay at home to rest.
 
On the way there, the three of them made small talk and such. When the three of them had entered the lift in your apartment building, Baekhyun had pressed the number 7 and turned to face the other two.
 
“Before I let you guys into my place, you gotta promise me something.” Baekhyun said.
 
“Promise what?” Kai asked.
 
“Are you worried that we will tear your house apart?” Chanyeol chuckled at his own joke.
 
Baekhyun rolled his eyes. He looked them in the eyes and said, “That’s not it. What I want you to promise me is that you won’t hit on my sister. Ever.”
 
“You have a sister?!” Kai asked.
 
“Yeah, I do. And she’s sick right now so she didn’t come to school.” Baekhyun said.
 
“How sure are you that’d we’d want to hit on your sister, anyway?” Chanyeol smirked.
 
“You’ll understand when you see her.” Baekhyun sighed. “But still, you guys have to swear.”
 
Kai and Chanyeol rolled their eyes and sweared, thinking that it was a meaningless promise.
 
A few minutes later, Baekhyun unlocked the door to the apartment and let Chanyeol and Kai in.
The three of them were taking their shoes off and laughing when you opened the door to your room and stepped out.
 
“Hi Oppa.” You sleepily rubbed your eyes and greeted your brother. You looked behind him and noticed that there were two other boys in the room. “And, uhm, Oppa’s friends.”
 
Chanyeol and Kai were staring at you with wide eyes, “Y-yeah, hi.” They stammered.
 
When Baekhyun heard that, he glared at the two of them and they immediately looked away.
 
Even though you were still wearing your pyjamas, which were just an oversized sweater and sweatpants, and your hair was in a mess, Chanyeol and Kai could still see that you were beautiful.
 
“I’m sorry, Haerin-ah. Did we wake you up?” Baekhyun said.
 
“Nope, I was already awake. Then I heard the door and knew you were home.” You said, yawning.
 
“How are you feeling?”
 
“Really cold. And my face feels like it’s really puffy.” You said as you yawned once more. “I have a slight headache too but other than that I feel okay.”
 
“Sit down, Rin. I’ll make you your favourite tea.” Baekhyun said as he stepped into the kitchen and started boiling water for your tea.
 
“Thanks Oppa.”
 
“Do you guys want anything?” He asked the two guys who were still awkwardly standing there.
 
“Oh, uhm, water is fine.” Kai said and Chanyeol just nodded.
 
“Okay, well help yourself. The water is in the fridge.” Baekhyun nodded to the fridge at the side.
 
Kai and Chanyeol took two glasses and filled the cups with water. Then you suddenly, you came over.
 
“Can you pour me a glass of water too please?” You asked Kai.
 
“Yeah, sure.” Kai poured a glass for you and handed it to you.
 
You gratefully accepted the glass and went back to sit down on the couch.
 
“You know, you guys can take a sit in the living room.” Baekhyun said as he poured the hot water into the cup.
 
“But you said..” Kai started.
 
“I said ‘don’t hit on my sister’. I didn’t say you couldn’t talk to her.” Baekhyun rolled his eyes.
 
With that said, Chanyeol and Kai sat in the living room with you.
 
“So, uhm, you go to SM Arts too?” You tried to start the conversation.
 
Kai and Chanyeol were shocked at first that you were talking to them. But they relaxed and answered anyway.
 
“Yeah, we’re juniors. Just like your brother.” Chanyeol said.
 
“What year are you in?” Kai asked.
 
“I’m a sophomore. Just a year younger than you guys.”  You said. “So what are your names?”
 
“Oh right, we never introduced ourselves.” Kai chuckled. “I’m Kim Jongin. But my friends call me Kai.”
 
You nodded and turned to face Chanyeol.
 
“I’m Park Chanyeol. You can call me Chanyeol or just Yeol. Whatever floats your boat.” Chanyeol said.
 
“Kai and Yeol Oppa.” You giggled which made the two boys grinned.
 
“Oh right, I remember.” Baekhyun recalled.
 
Just then, Baekhyun’s phone beeped and he checked it.
 
“Anyways, we’ve got to get going. Haerin says they’re going to go watch a movie and then dinner at Pizza Palace.” Baekhyun said.
 
“Bye Oppas! Take care okay!” Minyoung waved as they walked away.
 
“Bye Minyoung! See you tomorrow!” They waved back.
 
With that, the three boys left the school and followed you.