Deep In Thought

Let Me In
 
Surprisingly, time flew by quicker than you thought it would have. 

You checked the clock on your phone and realized that you've been practicing the song with Luhan for almost three hours now.  

"Oh hey," You started to say and Luhan looked up at you. "I've gotta go." 

Luhan frowned, a little sad that you had to leave so soon. "Right now?" 

"Yeah. My brother and his friends are gonna finish their class soon and I'm going home with them." 

"Oh alright." Luhan said, trying to hide the sadness in his voice. 

You started packing your things and just before you left the room, Luhan called your name. 

You halted and turned to look at him, "What is it?" 

"I enjoyed spending time with you today, even though we were just practicing for the performance." He smiled. 

You shrugged. You did enjoy it too, to be honest, but you weren't going to say it to his face. 

You turned to go but he continued to talk. 

"I really am sorry about using you last time." Luhan look down in shame. "I was stupid and at that time, all I wanted was to get that A for the class and I figured you were the only way I could get it." 

"Why are you telling me this now?" You asked, your arms crossed. 

"I don't know." He ran his hand through his fluffy hair. "I guess I just wanted to ask you if you could...give me a second chance?" 

"And why should I do that?" 

"While I was dating you back then, I realized that you were actually a great person and I really started to genuinely like you." He said. "And recently, ever since that day at the beach, I've always been thinking about you a lot." 

"I couldn't stop thinking about you at all. And when I see you with Jongdae, it made me mad. Jealous, actually. And I so badly wanted to be in his place just talking to you." 

"You're a great girl, Haerin and I really regretted using you before." 

"Sure, that was my intention before but as time went on, I decided that I wouldn't continue with my plan and just date you for real. But then-" 

"But then I found out." You finished for him. 

He sighed. "Yeah. But then you found out." 

"I'm really sorry." He said again. 

"I don't know, Luhan." You said. "I really liked you but...but you broke my heart. You lied to me. Big time. How am I supposed to know if you’re telling the truth now?" 

Luhan sighed. "I know what I did to you was horrible and unforgivable, and I'm sorry. I want to make it up to you. I want to prove to you that I really do like you now and I really do care for you." 

"Is that why you said yes to Mrs Lee?" You asked. 

"Yeah." he said. "I figured that since I couldn't get to talk to you at all especially since your brother was always around you, I thought that performing with you again would give me the chance to get you back." 

"But don't get me wrong," he says. "I honestly really do want to perform with you too." 

"So please?" Luhan started to beg. "Can you at least think about it?" 

You hesitated before smiling a little. "Okay,” you said. “I'll think about it." 
 
You turned back to the door and opened it, leaving Luhan alone in the room.

As you walked away from the room, you recalled the words that he said earlier and somehow, you could feel yourself being drawn to him again. 

And you didn't know if it was good or not. 
 
 

 
 
Five minutes later, you were sitting on the steps as you waited for the guys to come out. 

You stared out at nothing in particular and thought about what happened earlier with Luhan. 

Seeing his smile and hearing his laugh made you feel like smiling and laughing along as well. Hearing him sing made you weak at the knees. 

I guess I still do have feelings for him, You thought. 

You remained deep in thought until you saw someone wave his hand in front of your face. 

"Yoo-hoo~ Haerin? Are you in there?" 

You snapped out of your thoughts and looked up. "Oh! Hey guys." 

"Hey..." Baekhyun greeted. "What were you thinking about?" 

"Nothing," you lied. 

"It's definitely not nothing when you were so deep in thought." Baekhyun said. 

"Yeah. We called your name a few times but you didn't even look up until we were right in front of you." Kai said, crossing his arms. 

You sighed. 

"Alright, spill. What's up?" 

"It's nothing." You said. "I was just thinking about the practice Luhan and I had earlier." 

"Oh yeah, speaking of that, how was it?" 

You shrugged. "It was okay." 

"Did he do anything to you?" 

"Nah, he didn't." You said. 

Baekhyun eyed you. There was something up with you but he figured that it was just nothing. If there were something she would tell me, right? He thought and waved the matter away. 

After the interrogation, the six of you quickly made your way out of school and went straight home. 
 
 
*
 
 
That night, after you had washed up, you laid on your bed in your pajamas. You stared at the ceiling of your room, thinking about the events that had happened earlier today.
 
“I’m not falling for Luhan again, am I?” You asked yourself, hoping it wasn’t the truth. But somewhere deep inside yourself, you had a feeling that you were.
 
“What do I do?” You sighed and slapped your hands over your face.
 
“Whatever,” You said to yourself. “I’ll just sleep the matter away and deal with it when I wake up.”
 
Contrary to what you have just said, you still couldn’t sleep because your mind was still on Luhan and how his smile had made you weak again.
 
 
*
 
 
The next day, you woke up feeling extra tired than you usually would.
 
You pushed yourself off your bed and walked towards the mirror you had in your room. When you looked at your own reflection, your eyes widened. “Oh man, I look horrible.”
 
With a sigh, you took your towel and went out to go wash up for school.
 
“Good morning, oppa,” you greeted when you saw him pouring milk into his cereal bowl.
 
“Morning.” He greeted back.
 
When you came back out of the toilet after a quick shower, you sat down at the counter in front of Baekhyun and made your own bowl of cereal.
 
Baekhyun looked up as you sat down and his eyebrows furrowed. “Are you feeling okay?”
 
“Yeah, why wouldn’t I be?” You asked.
 
“Because it looks like you haven’t slept at all.”
 
“I just had a hard time sleeping last night, is all,” You said.
 
“Anything I should worry about?”
 
“Nope, nothing at all.” You shook your head before taking in a spoonful of cereal. “It was just one of those nights that I couldn’t sleep.”
 
Baekhyun nodded and continued to eat his breakfast.
 
On the way to school, you prayed that you wouldn’t bump into Luhan a lot later on during school but then you remembered that you were in the same year as him and have at least 3 classes today with him.
 
You sighed. It’s going to be a long day today.
 
 
*
 
 
Although you did expect it, you seemed to bump into Luhan a lot more today than you did the other days.
 
Maybe he stopped avoiding me now since he finally apologized. You thought. But I haven’t exactly accepted his apology, have I?
 
The bell rang, signaling the end of school and you packed your bags while the teacher was still talking. She was saying something about the homework for the day but you weren’t paying attention to any of it.
 
Just as she was done speaking, you stood up and left your seat, not knowing that you left without Minyoung.
 
You went over to your locker and unlocked it. As you put in your books, the boys appeared.
 
“Hey, Haerin.” Kai greeted. “Where’s Minyoung?”
 
The moment he said her name, Minyoung came up panting from behind you. “Haerin! Why didn’t you wait for me?”
 
“What? Weren’t you behind me this whole time?” You asked, bewildered.
 
“No,” Minyoung rolled her eyes. “You left class without me and even ignored me when I called your name! Thrice!”
 
“Really? Oh, I’m sorry.” You sheepishly smiled. “I was thinking about something.”
 
“Again?” Baekhyun asked. “Was that why you weren’t able to sleep much last night?”
 
Haerin didn’t sleep well last night? Chen worriedly thought when he heard the conversation.
 
You laughed. “No it isn’t. I told you, it was just one of those nights that I find hard to sleep.”
 
You turned back to your locker and placed your books inside. Your friends eyed you curiously but you weren’t even aware of their gazes on you because your mind drifted off to Luhan once again.