The Third Time

Let Me In

It was Wednesday.

Two weeks had passed and it was now the final week before the school term ended. During this week, all the students in SM Arts would be receiving their final grades for all their classes.

Just like the previous two weeks, Luhan had picked you up from your apartment building and the two of you walked to school together.

You and your friends were still having a cold war between each other and it has been going on for almost a month.

That morning, the first class you had was Singing and you were excited to receive the score that the teachers had given you for your Midnight Jam performance with Luhan. Although you knew that you did really well, you were still a bit nervous to what score you were going to get.

The second bell rang and all the students sat in their seats while Mrs Lee entered the classroom.

“Good morning, class.” Mrs Lee greeted with a happy tone and the students greeted her back half-heartedly.

“I’m sure you all know that today, you’re going to be getting your results from the Midnight Jam performances.” Mrs Lee said and groans could be heard from some students in the class.

“Why the unhappy faces? I assure you that all of you did extremely well for your respective performances.” Mrs Lee smiled.

“As you all know, your performances were graded by all singing teachers in this school and we consolidated all our scores together. Each teacher were instructed to give you a score upon 20. Since there are 5 singing teachers here, the score you receive will be upon 100.” Mrs Lee briefed her students. “If you sang in a duet, both performers will be getting the same score.”

“Does anyone have any questions?” Mrs Lee asked and when she received no reply, she took it as a no and continued.

“Alright. You will come up to the front according to your performance order that night. So when I call your name, quickly come up and I’ll show you your results.”

“Starting from Cho Minyoung.” Mrs Lee called out and your bestfriend stood up from her seat and went up to the teacher. When she saw the results that she got, she squealed.

Deep inside, you were proud of your bestfriend and knew that she deserved the great score. You wanted to go up to her and congratulate her but your huge pride wouldn’t allow you to.

The rest of the students slowly went up accordingly.

“Last but not least, Haerin and Luhan.” Mrs Lee gave you a big grin when she said your name.

Excitedly, you went up to your teacher with Luhan by your side and scanned the piece of paper for your name.

You gasped with wide eyes when you saw the score. A 100!? WE GOT FULL MARKS!

You turned to look at Luhan who has the same expression at you. The two of you hugged each other and jumped around like maniacs and the rest of the class stared at you weirdly.

“Congratulations to Haerin and Luhan because they received a full 100 for their Midnight Jam performance!” Mrs Lee announced and the whole class clapped for you.

The two of you sat back down in your seats but you couldn’t stop grinning. I knew I did well, but I didn’t know I did this well! You thought and squealed again.

*

When second class ended, you were still happy and jumping. You wanted to run to the canteen and tell Baekhyun and the others the excellent news but you couldn’t.

We’re still fighting, You glumly thought. But you snapped out of your thoughts when you heard Luhan call you.

“Haerin!” Luhan sweetly called. “We should go celebrate!”

“Yes, Lulu, we should! How about this Friday after school?” You suggested. “We can celebrate both the end of the term and our perfect grade!”

“Sounds perfect.” Luhan smiled. “We’ll go to Lotte World and have the best time of our lives!”

At the thought of spending a whole day with Luhan in Lotte World made you more excited than you already were. If only you could travel through time, you would skip to where Luhan and you would arrive at Lotte World.

Little did you know that you wouldn’t even be able to go there with him.

*

Just as you wished, the next two days went by fast and it was already Friday. The school bell would be ringing in half an hour for school to end and you couldn’t wait.  

You suffered through the last half hour of the class.

When the bell rang, you cheered. You were the first one to stand up and start packing but when you realized that everyone was staring at you, you sat back down and slowed down.

You let out an awkward laugh, “Hehe, sorry.”

When you left the classroom, you went to put your books inside your locker. When you were done with that, you went to Luhan’s locker where he had asked you to wait for him.

Minutes passed and soon, half an hour was gone. You sighed and looked around the place to see if Luhan was coming. Unfortunately, you saw no sign of him.

Soon, the school corridors cleared as the students left the school to enjoy their term break.

Throughout the time you were waiting for him, you rang his phone several times but he never picked up once. You started to grow worried.

Giving up on waiting for him, you walked around the school to look for him.

You went everywhere but there was absolutely no sign of him.

You went inside his last class’ classroom but there was no one there. You went to the canteen as well but no one was there either.

You went out of the school building hoping to find him somewhere there but you couldn’t see him either.

You walked around the building at was about to turn to the back part of the school building but you stopped. “He can’t be here, can he?” You whispered to yourself. “But I’ve already searched everywhere…”

Although you strongly doubted it, you decided to check the back building anyways.

You turned to go to the back part of the school but what you saw shocked you.

Your eyes were wide and your mouth was hanging open. You wanted to shout but you weren’t able to.

Without realizing it, you felt your tears flow down your face as you watched the scene in front of you.

You finally found Luhan. But it wasn’t the way you wanted to find him.

Luhan was making out with a girl from his class right there in front of you. Luhan had his hands all over the girl and it was like he was devouring the girl with his lips.

Before you could even comprehend what in the world was happening, you were whirled around and you felt a strong pair of arms embrace you.

“Shh,” The familiar voice said. “Don’t cry, Haerin-ah.”

You looked up when you heard the voice and cried even more. “Oppa…Baek Oppa…”

You cried into his shirt and hugged him back tightly.

“It’s okay, Haerin-ah.” Baekhyun whispered into your ear.

Slowly, Baekhyun released you from the hug. He took your hand and quietly led you away from the horrible scene.

To be honest, he didn’t know where he was taking you. He only knew that he needed to take you away from there.

While he was aimlessly bringing you somewhere else, an idea popped into his mind and he changed his route.

Soon, you and Baekhyun had reached the destined location.

Baekhyun sat you down on a comfy chair and you heard him turn on a few things and pressed on a few buttons. Later, you heard him get up from the chair and opened a door.

You honestly had no idea what he was doing but you didn’t bother to look up and see for yourself. You were too hurt from what you had just saw and all you wanted to do was curl up in your bed and cry your heart out.

Seconds went by and later, you heard Baekhyun call your name.

Reluctantly, you looked up. You saw Baekhyun smiling at you through a window. He had a pair of headphones on and he was standing in front of a microphone.

You looked around you and realized that you were in one of the recordingstudios that the school had.

Suddenly, you heard a song start to play. Then, you heard Baekhyun’s velvet voice.

Se beon kkajin budichyeo bwa yeoseot beonjjeum uljirado
Daseot beon deo igyeonaemyeon kkeuchi boigi sijakhae
Jogeuphage dallil surok jungyohan geol nochil ppunya
Nege jom deo siganeul jwo sumeul goreul su itge hae

Neul gateun goseseo tteooneun taeyangcheoreom

3-6-5 nan maeil achim jamdeun neol kkaeumyeo harul sijakhae
3-6-5 1bun 1choui teumdo eobseul mankeum hamkke hal geoya
Oh oh oh oh- 3-6-5 ne soneul japgo
Oh oh oh oh- 3-6-5 nochi anheulge

Sori naeeo se beon utgo yeoseot gogui norael deureo
Daseot sigan jago namyeon da byeolgeo anin ge doel geoya

Nan neoreul jikineun jeo bichui gisacheoreom

3-6-5 neoui apeseo ojik neoreul iyuro geomeul hwidulleo
3-6-5 machi neol wihae taeeonan geot gateun maeireul salge
Oh oh oh oh- 3-6-5 eotteon apeumdo
Oh oh oh oh- 3-6-5 neol bikkyeogage

Neol siheomhal unmyeongdeuri nunmureul bureul ttae
Eonjerado nan gijeokcheoreom ne ape natanalge

3-6-5 neoui dwieseo jeoldae neoreul wihan maeireul salge
3-6-5 machi neol wihae taeeonan geot gateun harul chaeumyeo
Oh oh oh oh- 3-6-5 eotteon apeumdo
Oh oh oh oh- 3-6-5 neol bikkyeogage
3-6-5 neoreul jikilge

 

(EXO-K’s 365.)

While Baekhyun was singing the song, you recognized it.

It was the song that Baekhyun had written about a year ago. It had actually been an assignment that he had to do for his Song Writing class.

At that time, he hadn’t known what to write at all. But during that time as well, Kris had broken your heart. So using you as an inspiration, he had written this song and sang it for you whenever you were down.

It had always made you feel better because you knew that the words in the song were sincere from Baekhyun’s heart.

As Baekhyun continued to sing the song, your eyes started to tear up again. But this time, with touched tears.

When Baekhyun was done with the song, he put down the headphones and went back to sit beside you.

“Are you feeling better now?” Baekhyun asked as he your hair.

“Just a tiny bit.” You honestly replied and then you sighed. “Thanks for trying to make me feel better, Oppa. But I just want to be alone right now. I want to go home.”

Baekhyun frowned a little. Usually, his song would’ve cheered you up so much that you’d be all happy, even if it was fake.

But now you weren’t even trying to be happy and that worried Baekhyun. Because you weren’t even faking a smile, he knew that Luhan had affected you more than he had hoped. And that is a terrible thing.

Baekhyun sighed. “Alright, let’s get you home.”

The two of you walked back home in silence. But it wasn’t the same silence when the two of you walked to school together that time. It wasn’t as awkward as anymore but it was still a uncomfortable atmosphere.

When you had reached home, you headed straight for you room and laid on your bed immediately.

Baekhyun just watched you from behind with a sad expression. Quietly, he closed the door to your bedroom and went into his own.

He took his phone from his jeans pocket and dialed a number.

“Hello?” said the voice from the other line.

“Jongin-ah,” Baekhyun said.

“What’s wrong, Baekhyun?” There was worry in Kai’s voice. He knew that Baekhyun never used his real name unless it was for really serious situations.

“It happened.” Baekhyun said. “Haerin’s in her room crying again.”

“That jerk!” Kai cursed. “Alright, I’m on my way. I’ll be right there after I get a few things from the mart.”

“Thanks. I would’ve bought them myself but I can’t even bear to leave Haerin alone like this.” Baekhyun sighed.

“It’s no problem, Baek. I’ll call Chanyeol and Minyoung and we’ll be there soon.” Kai said and hung up.

Baekhyun went out of his room and stood outside yours. He could hear you weeping and it hurt his heart.

He wanted to so badly punch the living out of Luhan at that very moment but he knew that you would need him soon.

That’s how it always was. Whenever you were depressed, you would lock yourself up in your room and cry. And when you were ready, you would come into Baekhyun’s room and tell him everything.

That’s what Baekhyun expected to happen, anyways. Little did he know that it was going to be different this time.