Heartbrokened

Let Me In

You woke up at 8 in the evening after crying and falling asleep. You opened your swollen eyes and stared at your bedroom ceiling. “I wish this was all just a dream.” You whispered to yourself but deep down, you knew that it was real.

 You were about to get off your bed when you heard a loud crash.

“Quiet, Chanyeol! You’ll wake her up!” You heard Kai hissed.

What? They’re here? Suddenly, you felt like you didn’t want to go out of your room anymore. You were too ashamed to even see them.

You were about to lay back down on your bed and pretend to be asleep till tomorrow but your stomach growled and you knew you had to go out sooner or later.

Without a choice, you went out of your room and everyone stopped doing what they were doing.

“Way to go, Chanyeol! She woke up!” Kai hissed again and Chanyeol pouted.

“I told you it was an accident!” You heard Chanyeol mutter.

Ignoring the two squabbling boys, Baekhyun spoke up. “You must be hungry. Do you want anything to eat? We ordered pizza.”

You looked over at the coffee table where the boys and Minyoung had ordered pizza for delivery.

Weirdly enough, your mouth didn’t water at the sight of the delicious hand-tossed pepperoni pizza.

“No thanks,” You said. “I just want water.”

Your friends and Baekhyun stared at you wide eyed. Did she just say no to pizza? They all thought.

You went over to the fridge and opened it to get yourself a bottle of water but was greeted with about 10 cartons of ice cream. They were all your favourite flavours of ice cream and you knew that these were all for you.

Shyly, you took one and held it up. “I’ll just take this instead. Thanks.”

Quickly, you took a spoon from one of the cabinets and went back into your room.

“At least she didn’t reject the ice cream that I bought.” Kai said. “Does she really need 10 though?”

Baekhyun shrugged. “You know how Haerin is when she’s depressed. She eats tons of ice cream. It makes her feel better.”

The four of the stared at your closed bedroom door and sighed.

“I think she got hurt real bad this time.” Minyoung sighed at the thought of her best friend being all depressed and heartbrokened.

“I think so too.” Baekhyun said. 

*

Friday night passed and soon, Saturday had passed too. 

For the whole time, you hadn't left your room at all. Maybe only once or twice, to go to the bathroom or to get another carton of ice cream, but that was it. 

Baekhyun stayed in the living room instead of his room so that he would know when you came out of your room. Your friends, however, left on Friday night, but came back again on Saturday afternoon. But all they did was sat on the couch and wait for some response from you, but there was none. 

Everyone were worried sick about you but they knew better and waited till you were ready to talk. 

Sunday came and you woke up after noon. You stayed in bed though, even after you woke up. You laid there with your swollen eyes opened and stared at the ceiling. 

I feel so tired. You thought. 

Slowly, you sat up and sat at the edge of your bed. You looked around your room. Used tissues and empty cartons of ice cream laid on your table and the floor. 

You sighed and walked to the other side of the room and took a look in the mirror. 

I look horrible. You sighed. I feel horrible.  

Without much of a choice, you opened the door and headed out of your room. You heard murmurs to your left and turned to look at your friends and brother who were gazing at you with concerned looks. 

How long has it been since I've talked to them? You thought. 

"Good morning," You softly said and went straight to the bathroom. 

"Haerin just talked!" Chanyeol softly exclaimed as if you were a mute before. 

Baekhyun softly smiled, "She did." Baekhyun had a feeling that it meant that you were ready to talk to them again. 

When you came out of the bathroom, you slowly walked towards your friends and sat beside Baekhyun.

"Hey," Baekhyun smiled as he gave your shoulder a reassuring squeeze. "Are you hungry?" 

You just nodded, not daring to look at any of them in the eyes. 

"Great, then we'll order pizza! Is that okay for you?" Kai asked. 

"Yeah, it's fine." You whispered, but it was loud enough for the others to hear. 

At your response, your friends smiled, but you didn't see it because you were staring at your feet and playing with your toes. Quickly, Kai made the call to Pizza Palace and ordered your favourite pizza for delivery. 

While the five of you waited for it to arrive, Baekhyun took his laptop his laptop from his room, hooked it up with the TV and started playing your favourite Running Man episodes. 

Most of the times, you would only smile and only laugh when it was something really funny. But, of course, your laugh wasn't loud like always, but at least you were laughing. 

Soon, the pizza arrived and everyone started eating. Baekhyun generously gave you the biggest slice and you smiled as you took it. Slowly, you took a small bite and smiled a little. The pizza's as good as ever.  

While eating, everyone continued watching the show as well. 

In fifteen minutes, the four twelve-inch pizzas were all gone and in your stomachs. You shifted on the couch, trying to get in a much better position. One by one, you turned your gaze from one friend to another, until you gazed at Baekhyun's laughing face. 

You sighed as you realised what pain you put them through for the past few weeks. 

Baekhyun noticed your glum expression and paused the show. 

"What's wrong, Haerin?" Baekhyun looked at you with a concerned look. 

You looked up and realised that everyone's attention was on you again. You sighed again. You looked down again, unable to meet their eyes. 

"It's nothing." 

"Come on, it's definitely not nothing." Chanyeol gently said. 

"Yeah, you know you can tell us anything right, Haerin?" Minyoung crawled over to you and took your hand. 

You sighed again. "Why are you all still being so nice to me? Aren't you supposed to be mad at me?" You asked. "I've been so horrible to you for the past weeks and here you guys are, buying me pizza and ice cream and watching Running Man with me." 

"Mad?" Kai raised an eyebrow. "You think we're mad at you?" 

"Yeah. Aren't you all?" You looked away. 

You heard Baekhyun chuckle a little and stared at him with confused eyes. 

"We were never mad, Haerin-ah. If anything, we were just mad worried about you." Baekhyun said. 

"But I pushed you all away and chose Luhan over all of you. Over you, Oppa. How can you not be mad?" You started to tear up again. 


"Because I was wrong at first too. To be honest, you're right about me judging Luhan first before I even tried to get to know him at all." Bakehyun said. 

"But in the end he was exactly what you said he would be. And I should've trusted you. I'm sorry." This time, tears were flowing down your face as Baekhyun pulled you into an embrace. 

"It's okay, Haerin-ah. I forgive you." Baekhyun your hair. 

"I forgive you too." 

"So do I." 

"We all forgive you, Haerin. If you were worried about us not forgiving you or anything like that then that's useless because we all do." 

You looked at your three best friends and broke into a big smile as you hugged each one of them. 

"Thanks, you guys, I won't ever doubt you ever again." You smiled at them again. 

"That's nothing to worry about." Baekhyun said. "What's worth worrying about is you. Are you feeling better now?" 

Your smile disappeared and you hesitated a moment. "Well, I'm definitely not one hundred percent, but I'll get over it...eventually." You mumbled the last part but everyone else caught it. 

"Are you ready to talk about it?" Baekhyun asked the question slowly and waited patiently for your answer. 

You sighed. "What's there to talk about? I honestly don't know anything." 

"I do." Baekhyun said. "We all do actually." 

"You know?" You stared at the four of them with a confused expression and waited for him to continue talking. 

Baekhyun looked into your sad and confused eyes and sighed. He hesitated to tell you the whole story but he knew that you had to know. 

Kai saw Baekhyun hesitating and decided to speak up first. "See, the truth is, that night of the Midnight Jam, we found out about what Luhan was up to." 

"Midnight Jam? But that was weeks ago.." You whispered to yourself. 

"Before you got that call from Luhan and left, I overheard him talking with his friend about you." Baekhyun sighed again. "He only pretended to like you to make sure you partnered up with him for the Jam." 

"He only pretended to like me? But what for?" By then, you were already tearing up. 

Baekhyun hesitated again to tell you the truth. 

When no one said anything, Minyoung decided to speak up. "To get an A for our class." 

"That's impossible!" You shook your head. "He loved me, he said he did. He even asked me to be his girlfriend." 

The four of them looked at you with sad eyes. 

"He was playing you, Haerin-ah. You even saw him on Friday after school." Baekhyun said. "I'm sorry it had to be this way, but he's not the one for you." 

"No, maybe it wasn't what it seemed to be." You kept denying the truth. "Luhan loves me, I know he does." 

You cried and cried as you sat on the couch in front of them and hugged your knees. Your friends stared at you with pity. 

"You really liked him, huh?" Baekhyun whispered. 

You didn't say anything and nodded your head. 

"I'm really stupid, aren't I?" You said. "I'm probably the only girl on this planet who has been played three times in a row." 

"No, Haerin, you're not stupid." Minyoung sat on the arm of the couch this time and put an arm over your shoulders. 

"If anything, you're just easily influenced." Chanyeol said. 

"But never stupid." Kai gently smiled. 
 
Even with your friends trying to comfort you, you still felt absolutely horrible. “What am I going to do, Oppa?” You sobbed. “I really fell for him this time.”
 
Baekhyun didn’t know what to say and just tightened his arms around you.
 
“Don’t worry, Haerin-ah. You’ll get through this.” Minyoung said.
 
“Not alone, of course.” Chanyeol smiled. “You have me, your brother, Minyoung and this dark kid over her.” Chanyeol pointed at Kai.
 
“Hey!” Kai complained. “I told you to stop calling me that.”
 
At their bickering, you started to smile again.
 
“It’s going to be hard.” You said, as you wiped your tears from your face with the sleeve of your sweater.
 
“Nothing’s ever easy,” Minyoung said. “But it’s not impossible.”
 
“We’ll help you forget him, Haerin-ah, even if it takes a lifetime.” Baekhyun said as he stood up from the couch and walked to the fridge. “And the first step to that is..”
 
He took out two cartons of ice cream from the fridge took 5 spoons with him.
 
“..here.” He handed you one carton with a smile. You were about to grab it from him but he pulled back. “Wash all that snot and tears away first.” Baekhyun said and everyone laughed.
 
You made a face at him but stood up and went to the bathroom anyways while mumbling, “I swear Oppa can be so mean sometimes.”
 
When you came back, Baekhyun handed you the carton for real this time and your gratefull accepted it.
 
Immediately, you opened it and started to eat the ice cream.
 
“Woah, woah. Slow down.” Bakehyun said. “Leave some ice cream for me too.”
 
Sticking out your tongue, you held the carton closer to yourself and shifted to the other end of the couch while Baekhyun kept complaining that you were being selfish.
 
In a while, Baekhyun gave up and grabbed himself another carton and shared it with Kai while Chanyeol and Minyoung shared one. 
 
Just like that, the five of you spent the entire afternoon watching Running Man and eating ice cream.