Girlfriend

Let Me In

For the rest of the day, you spent it with Luhan.

First, he brought you to the movie theatre again because there was a new movie out and you have been bugging him about it. After the movie, the two of you ate at a lovely Italian restaurant and he had insisted on paying. Again.

It was past 8pm now and Luhan had brought you over to the Han River where the two of you walked along the pathway and enjoyed the beautiful scenery.

Hand-in-hand, the two of you walked. The night was cool and breezy and Luhan had placed his coat over your shoulders.

After getting two cups of coffee from a nearby cafe, the two of you sat on a bench and face the vast river.

It was a full moon that night and the big white circle sat in the night sky, making the scenery more beautiful than it already was.

Luhan slowly let go of your hand and wrapped his arm around you. In turn, you laid your head on his broad shoulder and snuggled closer to him.

Luhan played with the end your hair. He twirled it around his finger over and over again. Occasionally, he would just run his hand through your hair, though he was careful not to mess it up.

“Have I told you how pretty you look today?” Luhan whispered.

“Yes, Lulu, you have. In fact, I’ve lost count already.” You softly giggled.

“But you really are beautiful.” Luhan said.

“Really? Even if I don’t wear as much make up as other girls? And even if I always wear sneakers over heels?”

“Yes. Even if you don’t wear as much make as other girls and even if you always wear your heels.” He repeated your words. “I think you’re beautiful just the way you are.”

The two of you sat there in comfortable silence once again before Luhan broke it.

“Haerin?” He whispered your name.

“Mm?”

“Will you be my girlfriend?” Luhan said the words slowly.

You turned your head to look at him in the eyes and he looked back into yours. “I would love to be your girlfriend, Lulu.” You sweetly smiled up at him.

Slowly, Luhan leaned forward at your lips met with his.

It was your first kiss with Luhan. For previous times, the two of you had only kissed each others’ cheeks. Shocked, but at the same time delighted, you willingly kissed him back.

Sooner than you would’ve liked, Luhan broke the kiss. He smiled at you once more before swiftly pecking your lips again.

“Luhan?” You whispered.

“Yes, love?” He whispered back.

You blushed at his new nickname for you. Luhan had many sweet nicknames for you and ‘love’ would be a new addition to that long list.

“Not that I didn’t like it but,” You said. “Why did you ask me to be your girlfriend all of a sudden?”

Luhan kept quiet for a while.

“Honestly, I wasn’t ready to ask you yet because I was afraid you might not like me back.” Luhan said. “But after that conversation we had outside your apartment building when I picked you up earlier, I was sure that you did. Because you told me yourself.”

You smiled and melted at his words.

Besides, Luhan thought. I want to piss your brother off.

“I’m glad you asked me to be your girlfriend,” You smiled and hugged him by the waist.

*

The next day, Luhan walked with you to school instead of Baekhyun. You were both glad and a little sad. Glad because you didn’t have to go through that awkward walk to school with Baekhyun. And you liked being around your new boyfriend.

But at the same time, you were sad because you wanted to go to school with Baekhyun even though the two of you were fighting and it was awkward.

The two of you walked into school with your hand intertwined together. You turned heads as you walked down the school corridors and your face flushed a slight tint of pink.

“How cute, you’re blushing.” Luhan noticed and teased you.

“Quiet, Lulu. Everyone’s staring.” You tried to cover your blushing face by looking down and letting your hair fall down on both sides.

You heard Luhan chuckle and you blushed even more.

Chanyeol and Kai were leaning against the lockers at their usual spot and talking while waiting for you and Baekhyun arrive.

“Oh, there they are.” Chanyeol said as he noticed you walking towards their direction. “That’s funny, did Baekhyun and Haerin start talking again? Is she not mad anymore?” Chanyeol wondered when he saw your smiling face.

Chanyeol had thought that you were talking to Baekhyun when he saw you walking because the crowd was blocking his view and he couldn’t see Luhan walking beside you.

“No, Yeol.” Kai said. “That’s not Baekhyun.”

Chanyeol tilted his head just a little and was able to see Luhan’s face. “So Haerin came to school with Luhan instead?”

“That’s not it either.” Kai sighed as he pointed to your hand that was holding Luhan’s.

Chanyeol’s eyes widened. “No way. They’re together?! They’re officially together now?!”

Kai sighed again. “It seems so. Damn it.”

“Did Baekhyun not tell Haerin about that night at all?” Chanyeol asked.

“I did okay, I tried.” The two boys suddenly heard a voice on their right and turned their heads. “But she never listened to me.”

“Baekhyun! When did you reach here?” Kai gasped.

“Just a while ago. But I came from the other side.” Baekhyun said. He turned to look at you and Luhan. The two of you were both smiling at each other and looked like you were both oblivious to everyone else other than each other.

“So that’s where she went so early in the morning.” Baekhyun sighed. “She woke up real early too. I should’ve figured.”

It was when Baekhyun turned and opened his locker door that Kai and Chanyeol realized the dark circles under his eyes.

“Dude, are you okay?” Kai asked.

 “I’m fine.” Baekhyun said. “I’m just so damn worried for Haerin.”

“Are you sure? You look like you haven’t slept in years.” Chanyeol pointed out.

“I know. But I did sleep…just not very well.” Baekhyun sighed.

“Wow, no sarcastic response either.” Kai mused. “Dude, you really aren’t okay.”

Baekhyun only smirked a little in response.

Just then, you and Luhan stopped beside the three boys.

“Good morning, Oppas.” You greeted but you never really looked at them in the eyes.

“Yeah, good morning.” Chanyeol replied and Kai just nodded.

Baekhyun could only just gaze at you with an expression that you couldn’t read.

Luhan looked at the boys’ faces and smirked. Baekhyun caught that and turned to glare at him. This time, Luhan smirk got even bigger and Baekhyun was on the verge of tearing his lips off of his face.

As quickly as you had arrived, you took the books that you needed for your classes and left with Luhan by your side.

Just as the two of you were leaving, Minyoung arrived and jogged up to the three boys.

“Good morning Oppas!” She greeted with a happy tone. When she noticed the boys’ expressions, she followed their gaze to see what they were looking at and she gasped. “No way…”

“Yes way…unfortunately” Kai sighed.

Immediately, Minyoung turned to look at Baekhyun. “Oppa, how did this happen?”

“I guess it happened last night.” He replied.

“Last night?” Minyoung, Kai and Chanyeol asked at the same time.

“Yes last night.” Baekhyun said.

He was about to tell the others the whole story about what happened last night but the bell had rung for students to get to their first class.

“I’ll tell you guys later during lunch.” Baekhyun said. “Haerin’s definitely not gonna sit with us later so we’ll talk about it later, yeah?”

With that, the four of them headed to their own respective classes for first period.

*

3 hours passed by and the bell rang for lunch.

While most students headed over to the canteen right away, you turned the other direction to the lockers where Luhan had told you to wait at.

You were leaning on the lockers and playing with your phone when you heard your boyfriend’s voice call your name. You looked up and smiled.

“Lulu!” You skipped towards him.

Lucky for you, Luhan had caught you in his embrace before you could trip over yourself and fall.

“Come on, let’s go get lunch. I bet you’re starving right now.” Luhan held your hand and led you towards the canteen.

*

At the other side on the canteen sat your four friends. Baekhyun watched you enter the canteen with Luhan holding your hand and scowled at the scene.

“So Baek, tell us what happened last night.” Kai said and as took a bit of his sandwich.

Baekhyun sighed and told them everything that happened yesterday.

“…then Haerin came home at nearly 10 at night. I remembered her expression when she reached home. She was all happy and delighted and skippy. It was obvious that something good happened,” Baekhyun said. “I wanted to ask her why she was so happy but she disappeared off into her room and shut it closed.”

Kai, Chanyeol and Minyoung listened to Baekhyun attentively.

“Before midnight, I went to check up on her to make sure that she was already asleep since we had school the next day. But when I was about to open the door, I heard her talking on the phone with Luhan.” Baekhyun sighed again. “Then I heard them exchange their ‘I love you’ and all so I knew that he had already asked her.”

“I can’t believe this.” Kai sighed.

“The only thing we can do now is to wait till that jerk breaks her heart for her to see the truth.” Baekhyun sighed. “But I don’t want that to happen.”

“But she won’t listen.” Chanyeol pointed out. “If we stalk them on her dates then she’ll be even more mad than ever.”

The four of them sighed again for the thousandth time that day and wondered about how to get you to see that Luhan is really playing you.

*

When school ended, you waited for Luhan at the school gates.

You were leaning on the brick wall and looking down at your sneakers when you heard someone walk up beside you. You looked up to a familiar face smiling down at you. It’s that guy from the waiting room!  

“Hey,” He said. “Haerin, right?”

Wondering how in the world he knew your name, you just nodded. “And you are?”

“Chen.” The boy said. “My name is Chen.”

“Oh, okay. Hi, Chen.” You awkwardly gave him a smile and waved.

“What are you doing out here?” He asked. “Is school over already?”

“Yeah, I’m just waiting for my boyfriend.” You told him.

Chen frowned a little. He didn’t know you had a boyfriend. According to what Chanyeol and Kai had told him that night, he knew that you didn’t have a boyfriend.

“And you? You don’t go to this school do you?” You asked.

“Nope. Not yet anyways.” Chen shrugged.

“Not…yet?” You tilted your head in confusion.

“Yeah. I start next term.” Chen said.

Chen was about continue the conversation with you but the two of you heard someone call your name.

“Haerin!”

The two of you looked up and saw Luhan jogging towards you with a big smile on his face.

“I’m sorry I kept you waiting. I had to talk to my teacher about something.” Luhan said.

“It’s okay. I didn’t wait long.” You smiled.

Luhan turned to look at the person beside you and he frowned a little. “Who’s this guy?”

“This is Chen,” You introduced. “I think he’s a friend of my brothers so he’s just waiting for him.”

Chen gave Luhan and small smile and waved. Luhan just nodded in reply and pulled you away from the school.

“Come on, let’s go. I’m starving!” Luhan said and pulled you along with him.

I don’t know why, but something about that guy pisses me off. Luhan thought as he walked down the road with you towards the mall.