Permission

Let Me In
When you got home that night, you came into the house to see Baekhyun sitting on the couch and watching TV by himself. Almost as if he's sitting there, just waiting for you to come home. 
 
When he heard the door opened and your soft "I'm home", he quickly turned his head and when he saw you he smiled softly. "Did you have dinner?" 
 
"Yeah, Mrs Kim made kimchi jigae and it was great." You smiled and held out two thumbs. 
 
"Did Chen send you home?" 
 
"Yeah, he walked me till downstairs and left." You said, "I asked him to come up for a while but he said he had to go help his mom with something." 
 
"Are you okay?" Baekhyun suddenly asks and you give him a confused look. 
 
"Uhm, yeah, I'm fine." You said. He doesn't know what happened with Luhan, does he?
 
Baekhyun studies your face as if he's trying to find confirmation in it and smiles afterwards. "That's good to hear," he says. "Go on and take a shower." 

"Right, I will." 
 
 
 
 
The next day came and you were happier than you thought you would be. To be honest, you had thought that you would still cry yourself to slep that night even after pouring everything out to Chen.
 
But only the opposite happened. 
 
You were able to sleep peacefully and you woke up without any dried tear stains on your face. Neither were there any black circles under your eyes. And, of course, you felt great. 
 
You skipped toward your friends who were by the lockers waiting for you and Baekhyun as always. "Good morning everyone!" You jumped in front of your friends and greeted with a wide smile. 
 
They chuckled and greeted you back. 
 
"Baekhyun, is there something wrong with your sister today? She's awfully happy," Kai said and that earned him a smack on the arm by none other than you. 
 
"Is it wrong that I'm happy?" You rolled your eyes. 
 
"No, but it's weird." Chanyeol said. "Did something good happen last night? Or yesterday afternoon?" He raised an eyebrow and looked from you to Chen and back again. 
 
Your cheeks started to turn pink as you smacked Chanyeol's arm this time. "Nothing happened! We just had dinner at his place with his mom and that's all."  I also slept on his bed, I cried in front of him twice, I opened up to him and he also treated me to ice cream. 
 
"Uh huh," Kai nodded sarcastically. "That's why your cheeks are all pink now, huh?" He snickered. 
 
At his comment, your cheeks flamed up even more and you felt embarrased. You were about to come up with a witty come back but Chen cut you off. He raised his hands in front of you and said, "Alright, let's not tease Haerin anymore, okay?" 
 
You looked up at him and your eyes softened, How sweet. 
 
The two boys snickered, "Ooooh, are you her knight in shining armour now?" They teased agian but stopped after that comment. They looked over to you and slightly shook their heads. Oh, Byun Haerin, you're such an easy perosn to read. They both thought. 
 
Even Baekhyun, Xiumin and Minyoung who were just watching the whole scene thought the same thing as they looked at both you and Chen. 
 
 
*
 
 
The bell rang to signal that it was lunch time and you walked towards the cafeteria with Minyoung. 
 
"Where's Chen and Baek oppa?" You asked when you approached the table and notcied that the two of them weren't there. 
 
"Oh? Is Haerin worrying about her new boyfriend?" Kai teased. 
 
"Chen oppa's not my boyfriend." You said with a roll of your eyes. 
 
"But you call him oppa now!" Chanyeol pointed to you in accusation and said. "There's definitely something going on with the two of you." 
 
"Whatever, you guys won't stop even if I tell you the truth," You held out your hand as if to show that you were done with them. 
 
"Baekhyun and Chen told us they won't be joining us for lunch today, but they never said why," Xiumin said as you took your seat next to him. 

"Thank you, Minseok oppa." You said and then turned to the other two boys. "At least someone's more mature here." 
 
Meanwhile, Baekhyun and Chen were sitting on a bench under a shady tree outside of school. 
 
"So, what happened yesterday?" Baekhyun asked Chen as the two of them stared out into the beautiful scenery.
 
"What are you talking about?" Chen pretended to be confused. 
 
"Oh come on, Chen. You don't have to lie to me," Baekhyun chuckled. "Did you actually think I believed your little lie about bumping into your mom at the market?" 
 
Chen stiffened and turned to look at Baekhyun. 
 
"I know about her being back together with Luhan. And that they broke up again just yesterday afternoon." Baekhyun said. Chen's eyes widened as he opened his mouth to ask a question but Baekhyun beat him to it. "How did I know? Come on, I'm Haerin's big bother. I know everything about that girl." He smiled. 
 
"I heard from a friend who passed by the recording studio at that time and saw what happened. Then he called me and told me everything." Baekhyun explained. "That's when I called you but I didn't want her to know that I knew so I didn't get straight to the point." 
 
"When I heard you answer the phone and you told me that you were with her, I felt relieved." He smiled. "So tell me, what happened?" 
 
Chen sighed and started the story. "She bumped into me after running away from recording studio and continued running away when she realized I was the one who she bumped into." 
 
"I caught her outside of school and just as it started to rain, you called and she told me not to tell you about anything so I had to come up with that lie." 
 
"I really brought her back to my place though," Chen said and then smiled. "She opened up to me; told me about her previous boyfriends and why she pushed me away before." 
 
"After that, we just had dinner with my mom then I got her some ice cream while on the way back to your place." 
 
Baekhyun smiled at the end of Chen's story, both touched and relived that you weren't alone when you were sad and that Chen was there for you. "Thank you," Baekhyun said as he placed his hand on Chen's shoulder and gave it a squeeze. "If it weren't for you, I would've killed myself knowing that Haerin cried and I wasn't there for her." 
 
After a long moment of silence, Baekhyun said, "You know, I think that you and Haerin really are meant to be together." 
 
Chen turned his head to face Baekhyun. "Why?" 
 
Baekhyun shrugged. "Don't know," he said. "I just have that feeling." 
 
"Does that mean that if I were to ask your sister to be my girlfriend, you'd agree?" Chen hopefully asked. 
 
Baekhyun chuckled and turned to look at Chen, knowing fully well of his feelings for you. "Yes, Chen. I'd agree." 
 
Chen pumped his fists and did a little "Yes!" and Baekhyun laughed. 
 
 

 

A/N: Hello! 

hehe sorry but it'll just be a short update today!! 

Hope you enjoyed it though <3 

XO,

asdfghjklex