Falling Again

Let Me In

Two days later, during lunch, the seven of you were at your usual table eating when you excused yourself to go to the washroom. 

"Be right back, guys!" you said as you walked away from the table. 

A little more than five minutes later, you opened the door to the washroom and exited the place. 

You were about to walk back towards the cafeteria to get back to your friends when your path was blocked. 

You looked up and noticed that it was Luhan. 

You sighed. You were starting to get irritated with him always popping out of nowhere. "What do you want now?" You asked. 

Luhan sheepishly rubbed the back of his neck, "I just wanted to ask if you're free later?" 

"What for?" 

"We're supposed to practice for the performance, remember?" 

You frowned a little. It wasn't like you forgot about it, it was just that you didn't want to think about it.

"Is there any way we can just practice by ourselves and just do whatever during the performance? I'm sure we'll be fine." 

Luhan chuckled, "Haerin, you know very well that that won't work." 

You sighed again. You didn't want to admit that he was right but it was true. 

"Fine. When?" you asked. "And where?" 

Luhan smiled a little. "Later after school? We can practice at the recording studio like we did last time." 

Like we did last time. You frowned upon hearing his words, not wanting to remember the times you spent with him from before. 

Luhan noticed your expression and immediately regretted what he had said. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said that."

"Whatever. We can practice there." You said. 

"Right. So I'll see you after school?" 

"Yeah, sure, whatever." You said to him as you walked away from him. 

 



 



After school that day, you met your friends by the lockers again. 

"Are you sure you'll be fine?" Baekhyun asked worriedly when you told the others  that you had to stay back and practice the song with Luhan. 

"Yeah, I'll be fine." You said, although you weren't very sure yourself. 

"Do you want me to stay with you while you practice with him?" Minyoung offered. 

"Nah." You said. "It won't be long anyway. Probably just an hour or two." 

"Well, when you're done just give me a call, yeah? We might be done with our lessons then we can go home together." Baekhyun smiled. 

"Yeah, sure. I'll do that." You said and shut your locker. 

Just then, the bell rang and the bots sighed. 

"Well, looks like we have to go." Baekhyun said. "Take care, okay?" 

Baekhyun lightly ruffled your hair and turned to leave for his classes. 

Chen was the last one to leave your side and before he did, he said goodbye like he always would and gave you a small smile. 

"See ya' later." He waved and left with the others. 

When the boys were gone, you turned to look at your best friend who was giving you this 'i told you so' look. 

"He doesn't like me, okay?" You insisted. 

"Mhmm, whatever you say." Minyoung said in a sing-song voice. 

You couldn't help but laugh at your friend. 

"Come on, I'll walk you to the recording studio and then I'll go home." Minyoung said and linked arms with you as the two of you walked away from the lockers. 

When the two of you reached the recording studio, you noticed that the lights inside were on. 

Hmm, I guess he's already inside. You thought.  

"Are you sure you don't want me to stay with you?" Minyoung asked again. 

"Yes, Minyoung, I'm sure." You smiled. "Now, go home. I'll be fine." 

"Alright, if you say so." Minyoung smiled back and took a step back.  

"Well, goodbye! See you tomorrow!" Minyoung waved, turned around and walked off. 

"Bye!" You called out to your running friend. 

After she left, you turned back to the room and opened the door. 

As you stepped inside, you noticed that Luhan was playing the song that the two of you were supposed to sing. 

"You're late," He playfully scolded. 

You shrugged. "I was with my friends." 

"Of course you were." He said in a small voice. 

"Besides, you never really specified the timing," You said. 

You walked over to the seat beside Luhan and plopped yourself down into the seat. 

"Have you listened to the song yet?" He asked you. 

"Yeah, I have. Just yesterday." You nodded. 

"Have you read the lyrics too?" 

"Mmhmm." 

"Great. Then we can just start with deciding our parts of the song then the recording and...you know the drill." Luhan chuckled. 

"Are there any parts of the song that you want to sing?" He asked. 

You shrugged. "Nope, not really. What about you?" 

"Not really either." 

There was a long silence while the two of you thought about it.   

"How about we just kind of alternate the verses between one another?" He suggests. 

"That's what we did before, didn't we?" You said but you immediately regretted it as soon as you realized that you had just brought up the past again. 

"Yes, we did." Luhan have you a small apologetic smile. 

After half an hour of deciding who sings what, the two of you were finally done. 

"Okay," Luhan said as he stood up. "I'll start first?" 

"Sure." 

Luhan took his papers with the lyrics on them, walked into the other room and put the headphones over his ears.

You watched him through the window as he gave you a thumbs up, signalling that he was ready to start. 

You pressed a few keys in front of you and soon, the song started playing. 

When Luhan sang his parts of the song, you immediately become mesmerized by his voice. 

You felt yourself start to melt at how his voice sounded like. It made you think back to the times when the two of you were practicing for the Midnight Jam. 

I definitely miss hearing his voice. You thought to yourself but you immediately push the thought away, shocked at yourself for thinking such an absurd thought. 

Soon, the song was done and he ended it with a smile. "So how was I?" He asked from the other side. 

You pressed a button as you spoke. "You sounded fine," you shrugged.  

You sounded more than fine, You thought but you definitely weren't going to say that. 

Luhan then takes off the headphones and came back to the same room as you. 

"Can I hear myself?" He asks as he sits back down next to you. 

"Yeah, sure." You pressed one the many keys in front of you and the two of you listened to Luhan's first recording. 

After his recording was done, he looked at you. "I think I sounded okay. What do you think I need to work on?" He asked. 

"Uhm, just this and that." You say. 

Luhan laughed. "Can you be a little more specific?" 

At his laugh, you find yourself laughing along too. You took his papers and a pencil and started circling up a few of the words on the lyrics. 

"I think you should try singing these parts with more emotion." You passed the papers back to him. 

He scanned through what you've done with it and nodded. "Yeah, okay, I'll try that later. Why don't you give it a try first and we'll see what you should work on." 

"Oh please, I don't think I would need to work on anything." You laughed but you immediately stop when you realize that you're letting yourself be comfortable with him. 

"Yeah, I guess that's true." Luhan smiled. 

You were a little stunned by his comment but you managed to gather yourself together and make your way to the other side of the room. 

Just as Luhan did, you took the headphones and put them over your ears. 

Luhan presses one the buttons and speaks into the microphone. "Are you ready?" 

You give him a thumbs up and he starts the music. 

You were concentrating on the lyrics as you sang your parts of the song.

For a few times though, you would look up to see Luhan staring straight at you with a smile on his face. 

The smile that you had missed so much. 

As you sang the rest of the song, you were thinking about Luhan as well. 

And there was something about the way he was smiling at you now that made your heart beat faster and faster. 

It felt as if...as if you were falling for him all over again. And you didn't really want to stop.