Trying Hard

Let Me In
The next day, you woke up feeling a little bit happier. 

The reason for your mood was because one, it was summer break and you didn't have to wake up early for school. For two, you were on good terms with your brother and your best friends again. And for three, the five of you were going out to the beach in a while to have fun!

At first, you felt a little glum because of the whole Luhan thing and especially after finding out what he had used you for. You still couldn’t believe that you were that naïve and fell for his trap (and for him)

I'll try to be as happy as I can for my friends. You thought to yourself.  

It was past 10 in the morning when you woke up. You kicked the blanket off yourself and got out off bed. 

When you went out of your room, you saw Baekhyun making himself a cup of coffee.

Baekhyun heard the door open and turned around. 

"Wow, my little sister's awake this early on a non-school day? That's a first." Baekhyun teased. 
    
"Oh, shut up." You made a face. "I'm just excited because we're going to the beach!" 

"Yeah, in like 3 hours." Baekhyun said. "You can go back to sleep if you want, I'll wake you up later." 

"Nah, I won't be able to sleep anyways." You waved your hand. "I'll just wash up first, 'kay?" 

"Do you want a cup of tea or cereal?" Baekhyun asked as you walked towards the bathroom. 

"Tea please, thank you!" You replied and shut the door. 

She's trying so hard. The tear stains by her eyes are so obvious. Baekhyun sighed and started heating up water for your tea. 
 
*

A little bit over two hours later, there was a knock on the front door and you went to answer it. 

"Hey Rinrin!"

You were greeted with a big hug from Minyoung and you looked up to see Chanyeol and Kai smiling widely. 

"Hey guys! Come on in." You opened the door wider and allowed your friends in. 

"Is you brother ready yet?" Kai asked as he sat on the couch and rested his feet over the coffee table. 

"No, not yet. He's still showering." 

Just then, the bathroom door opened and Baekhyun stepped out whilst drying his hair with his towel. "Hey Oppa!" Minyoung greeted. Baekhyun looked up and realized that everyone was waiting for him. "Oh, you guys are here already?" 

"Yeah, we just came." Kai lazily said as he flipped through a magazine. 

"Why are you guys always coming over so much earlier than you said you would?" 

"Does it matter?" Kai shrugged. 

"Since we came earlier, we can leave earlier and have more fun!" Chanyeol said excitedly as he pumped his fists with a wide smile.
 
“Yeah! Yeol Oppa’s right!” You smiled widely and pushed Baekhyun towards his room. “Hurry up and get ready!”
 
“Aish. Arasso, arasso.” Baekhyun pretended to be irritated but went in to change anyways.
 
“What about you, Haerin?” Kai asked as he saw you sitting back onto the couch. “Aren’t you going to change and get ready too?”
 
“What are you talking about? I’m already ready.” You gestured to yourself and everyone realized that you were already changed into something suitable for the beach. You were wearing your favourite pink tank top and a pair of short denim shorts. 
 
“Wow, this is really the first time we’re not waiting for you to get ready.” Kai mused.
 
“Yeah, usually you’d still be taking your own sweet time to change even while we were shouting at you to hurry up.” Chanyeol chuckled.
 
“She even woke up before 11 today.” Baekhyun teased as he came out of his room all dressed and ready. He was in a short sleeved shirt and bermuda shorts. 
 
“Woah!” Your friends acted as if it was the most outrageous thing on earth.
 
“Oh please, guys, you’re all overreacting.” You scowled as you went into your room and got your bag. "Come on, let's go! It's freaking hot right now, I can't wait to get into the water." 
 
While Baekhyun still had to quickly do last minute packing, the rest of you started putting your shoes on. 
 
"Hurry up, Oppa! You're always packing your bag last minute!" You shouted. 
 
"Well, I'm sorry I didn't know that they were coming by earlier." Baekhyun rolled his eyes at you as he started putting his shoes on as well. 
 
"Okay, everyone ready?" You smiled at your friends and they nodded. "Let's go to the beach!" You cheered and headed out the door. 
 
Baekhyun gazed at you softly while you went out with the others before locking the door behind him. He sighed, knowing that you were just trying your best to seem normal while you were really still trying to mend the broken pieces inside.