Deep trouble

Fox and the Wolves

 

~Kris~
 
As the time keeps passing by, our body temperature keeps dropping. It's no good if things keep going like this. And the worse thing is that both our phone is dead. 
 
"Hey, wait here." I said to Roxy who as leaning against me. 
 
I went to search around the room to see if there is anything that can keep us warm, but sadly, there's only a thin cloth which is covering the basket full of basketball.
 
I put the cloth around Roxy and hug her close to me. Times like this is a chance! hehehehe~No! It's cause we need keep ourselves warm. God kris! Stop being a 
ert!
 
I can feel her shivering more than just now, even her face is turning white. I touch her face. Damm, it's icy cold. 
 
"Hey! Hey! Don't sleep yet!" I shake Roxy who is starting to close her eyes. 
 
Suddenly, something clicks in my head. I change myself into my wolf form and place my tail around her, hoping it can effective keep her more warm.
 
 
 
~Roxy~
 
I can feel myself slowly falling into a deep slumber when I felt someone keep shaking me. I opened my eyes again to be only greeted by Kris's face. Is he worrying? 
 
Suddenly, two blackish-grey pointy ears start to  sprout out from his the top of his head. His eyes were in a shade of silvery grey. His muscles bulk up too. A furry brown tail was softly place on top of me. Even though my mind is in a bit hazy state now, I still know he is in his wolf form now. 
 
I can smell strongly his scent now. A smell that I want to etched into my mind forever. I can hear his heartbeats too...it's getting slower.
 
At that moment, I can feel myself become suddenly more alert. 
 
"Are..yo..you..an...i...idiot?" I asked.
 
"What?" He asked back, with that annoyed tone, but yet his face don't seem like it.
 
"Aren't...you..co..cold?"
 
"Of course not! I belong to the noble wolf blood mind you!" He said proudly.
 
Yeah right. I can hear your voice getting raspy and your heartbeat getting slower. Wait, aren't you shivering too? You really are an idiot. 
 
I want to keep him warm too...I try my best to change into my fox form.  I barely have any energy left, and it failed.
 
"Stop" he suddenly told me in a stern tone, which got me frozen up. (Not any pun here. Lol) 
 
"Just be a good girl and try to stay awake." 
 
 
 
~No One~
 
"It's getting late, ain't Kris coming back yet?" Asked SuHo who was passing by Tao in the kitchen. 
 
"Nope, he said he have some project to rush in school."
 
"Oh, I see. If that's the case, I will be putting away all the dinner."
 
"Alright!"
 
"Night Tao!" Suho smiled.
 
"Night mama!" He joked while hugging Suho. 
 
.......
 
"So how's the date with Roxy today?!" SeHun asked excitedly while bouncing onto Luhan's bed, where Luhan is reading a book. 
 
"It went quite well." Luhan replied non-chalantly. 
 
"So you guys are together now!?" 
 
"No"
 
"But I thought you said..."
 
"We had a happy date, but that doesn't mean we are together. She has rejected me..."
 
"What!?, how could my intuition be wrong?!" SeHun whined.
 
"Now get off my bed." Luhan kicked SeHun off. 
 
.......
 
"What's wrong?" Kai questioned Sehun. Who is now lying motionless on his face on his bed. 
 
"Roxy rejected Luhan big brother! Why!?" He cried into the pillow. 
 
"Told ya. Roxy is rightfully Ge's." Tao mocked at Sehun. 
 
"Yeah yeah whatever." 
 
Kai sighed at the sight.
 
"Anyway, Sehun. Turn on the heater."
 
"Okay."
 
"Eh? Why?" Tao questioned.
 
"Didn't you see the snow outside just now, it's gonna be cold." Kai answered.
 
"What!?" Tao was shocked. He knew he is in deep- trouble.
 
Kai and Sehun looked at each other, seems like they understand what each other were thinking.
 
"What did you do this time?" SeHun eyed at him suspiciously.
 
 
 
~Roxy~
 
"Kris...I can't...ho..hold..on..." 
 
"Shut up, I'm sure Tao is surely on his way now. If I died here. I'll make sure I will haunt him everyday."
 
I chuckled softly, I really can't hold on anymore. I can feel my mind starting to shut down. I'm glad at the last moment in my life, I died like this, right here in Kris's arm. I wish time could stop, but I know it can't. That's why before my time is up, I have something to said.
 
"Kris..."
 
"What?"
 
Wow, even the way he answered is so unromantic.
 
"I like you." 
 
Thank god, I managed to get it through without stammering. 
 
 
 
~Kris~ 
 
"I like you."
 
Upon hearing that, I was stunt. It's was unexpected. I always have thought the one she like was Luhan. 
 
"I don't want to hear it now, save it after we get out." 
 
"Yo..you..know...I..can't..."
 
"Shut up, it's irritating."
 
Truth is, it's not. But the more she say this kind of depressing words, it makes me feel sad.
 
I looked down and see Roxy closing her eyes. Didn't I said she is not allow to sleep?! 
 
"Hey. Hey. Hey!" I try shaking her up, but it seems like she is either in slumber or...dead.
 
I don't want her to die...tears starts to roll down my face. It's impossible she is gone right? But her heartbeat, it's fading. Even her scent is weaken now. 
 
I look at her sleeping face again, and leaned in to capture her lips. The sweet taste that I once long for, but only have the courage to get at this moment. Is this gonna be our first and last kiss? 
 
Suddenly, the door swung open.