Waking up

Second Destiny

Taeyeon has been staying inside Sooyoung’s room as much as she can. The only time she left are only when the duty calls, or she need to check some document that the other doctors represent, and other than that, she is staying.

She is practically living there, sleeping on the couch in the room, eating, showering. Taeyeon is trying hard not to leave the place as she know how badly Sooyoung will need there her when the tall brunette awake later, which haven’t been happen for the forth day already.

Sooyoung is sleeping still, peacefully, like she doesn’t want to wake up.

Aside from that, Taeyeon get a personal nurse to take care of her sister besides herself, she is making sure that no matter what happen, the room wouldn’t leave empty so when her sister wake up, Taeyeon is sure that there would be always someone to inform her about the news. She made sure that the room is being watch out 24 hours a day.

And all until this time, not even a second that Taeyeon let her girlfriend along with the cousin to step inside the room, not when she is inside, not even when she isn’t. She made it clear when she told the nurse who get the work to stay there. So all the two latter can do are sitting outside the room, staring from the window glasses, silently, or pacing in front of the corridor, waiting when will the brunette wake up.

They both know, there are nothing much that they can do at the moment. For a mean time, it’s just better to deal with Taeyeon’s word than to go against it for further trouble. That’s what exactly Jessica is trying to avoid, while keep looking for a chance to get a word with the petite woman, who she is sure is avoiding her greatly.

 

Taeyeon sighed, she has been sitting there on the chair beside Sooyoung’s bed for hours that day, staring at the brunette’s face. But Sooyoung still hasn’t given any sign to wake up.

All she had is the sight of her sister in bandage, infuses, with her right arm in cast, bruises all over her body and face, worse, she can’t even imagine and she just doesn’t want to imagine how much Sooyoung will freak out if the tall brunette finds out what happen with her.

Taeyeon pulled her hand from Sooyoung’s, bringing it on Sooyoung’s face, caressing the tall brunette’s bruised cheekbone.

“..please wake up, soo..” Taeyeon whispered softly “..i miss you..”

But the latter stays silent, no words, no teasing, no jokes that she misses a lot..

 

Taeyeon drown in silent with still staring at Sooyoung who still gives no sign of waking up any time soon when the door cracked opened, revealing a young girl dressing in white.

“Dr.Kim.. it’s time to do a check up on miss Jin..”

Taeyeon turned, meeting the young nurse’s eyes “okay.. stay here..” she commanded “I will be back in an hour..”

“Okay Dr.Kim..” the nurse answered politely before making her way to the chair where Taeyeon seated earlier, watching over the patient, handing the young doctor a map of the patient’s file before Taeyeon walked out from the room.

 

Taeyeon stepped out from the room, walking on the corridor. She passed two women who are sitting there is silent.

Jessica and Yoona has been sitting there since morning, sitting there is silent, their eyes followed Taeyeon’s steps walking further from there with the latter obviously doesn’t care about their presence, doesn’t even bother to spare a glance.

Yoona has been crying again, feeling extremely guilty after she heard the news about Sooyoung, and seeing it right from a far really doesn’t give any help, with Jessica has been trying to calm her cousin, and once in a while when the tall woman calmed down, she will take a chance to talk to her girlfriend, which always go in vain.

Jessica’s hope crushed when not even talking, Taeyeon doesn’t even want to see her.

Yoona keeps blaming herself from the accident and what happened to the brunette, to her ex lover. And the way Taeyeon acts right now pained her even more.

Taeyeon said it coldly the first second when Sooyoung stays in the room, that not even a step for both girls can take to go inside the room, none.

And now, Yoona can do nothing but sitting there, watching over the girl she is in love with lying on the bed helplessly from out of the room. The closest distance she can have to get to the tall brunette is when she stands right in front of the window, and it’s never been enough.

She needs to know that Sooyoung is okay, she needs to hug the brunette when the latter wake up to tell her how sorry she is, even if she knows that it would never be enough, no, a thousand sorry won’t get them back to where they used to.

Even so, she is willing to start it over, getting back where they used to when she doubts that nothing left from Sooyoung for her the moment the tall brunette wakes up, nothing but hatred.

But the only thing that weighed her right now is if Sooyoung is ready to take her back, to give her another chance, to get back to where they used to, lover. She even doubts if Sooyoung is willing to meet her later.

No, all of them are dealing with their own pain, and for this moment, nothing is more important than seeing Sooyoung wakes up from her deep sleep.

Yoona has a big fight with her mom, a really big fight that made her move to Jessica’s condo for a while, for a mean time. And the reason behind is obviously because the embarrass she caused by running away from her marriage.

Her parents took no excuses, and with that, Yoona left the house without sparing a second thought.

 

Taeyeon is walking back to her office after about 15 minutes in her patient’s room, when she spotted her girlfriend is pacing back and forth in front of the office room nervously.

Jessica stopped her pace when she heard footsteps walking closer to her spot, landed her eyes to the woman she misses so much already, meeting that cold eyes, walking inside the office room mindlessly, not even bother to greet the blonde woman.

Seeing the door left open, Jessica is walking inside Taeyeon’s office, staring at the petite woman who is busy searching something on her desk.

“..tae..” Jessica called softly, only to get nothing in return.

“..please talk to me..” Jessica whispered, tears threatened to fall in any second, but still nothing escapes Taeyeon's lips.

Taeyeon still not bother to look back at the blonde, acting like nobody there but her, she found the file she has been looking for, taking a step to go out from the room, even walking pass Jessica without saying a word but stop when Jessica hold her arm tight.

“..t-tae, please..”

“We’ve nothing to talk.” Taeyeon said coldly, sparing the same cold gaze to the blonde, puling her arm from Jessica’s grasp almost immediately.

“..I’m sorry for what happen..” Jessica cried, whispering softly “..we’re really sorry, tae..”

“Sorry chance nothing” Taeyeon said in the same tone “I shouldn’t have met you both in the first place.”

“Don’t say that” Jessica tears up, she just can’t take more.

“I shouldn’t have approve their relationship 3 years ago..” Taeyeon gritted her teeth “I should have known that your cousin will do nothing but hurting her.”

“Tae-..”

“You both better go home because I won’t let you get closer to her anymore..”

“She is hurting too, Tae..” Jessica whispered “Yoona has been blaming herself for the accident, she feels so guilty because of that..”

“That’s because it’s her fault!!”

“Aren’t you being so unfair?” Jessica spoke in pain.

“Unfair?” Taeyeon chuckled bitterly “are you really talking to me about this?”

“She is hurting too, why can’t you see that!”

“Is that even enough? You’re talking to me about unfair? Haven’t you seen Sooyoung’s condition right now?!”

“Tae-..”

“She is already in so much pain before the accident!! And it’s not even enough that she has to deal with—with-..” Taeyeon’s voice trailed “what do you think will she feel when she woke up and she found out that she—she-..” Taeyeon stopped, cannot bring herself to say the word.

“..tae.. if you think it’s her fault, at least let her pay it, let her stay by Sooyoung’s side, let her fix thing up.. let her--..”

“Fix things up?” Taeyeon let out another bitter chuckle “do you think she can fix this?”

“..tae..” Jessica called wearily.

“No..” Taeyeon cut coldly “I’m not going to let Yoona bring more pain to her.. it’s enough…”

“Don’t do this, please..” Jessica whispered, almost pleading “Yoona needs Sooyoung and Sooyoung needs--..”

“No..” Taeyeon cut “Sooyoung doesn’t need someone who can only bring her pain..”

“Tae--..”

“We’re not talking about this anymore..” Taeyeon cut “they broke up, Yoona broke them up.. and it’s the only thing that you should remember..” Taeyeon said coldly “not anyone deserve second chance..”

“Tae-..”

“Dr.Kim!!”

Jessica’s word cut by the appearance of the young nurse, standing on the door step, wearing a mix emotion.

“Miss Sooyoung just wake up!!”