Shattered

Second Destiny

“..come in..” Jessica spoke as someone knocked on the door.

The tall woman walked inside the almost in white room, eyes gazing on her cousin who is currently busy flipping her paper, wearing glasses, not even sparing a glance on her.

“..hey..” Yoona greeted, enough to make the blonde raised up her face, eyes glued on her cousin.

“Hey to you too..” Jessica smiled, giving the best she could do, even if sure her tired face can’t hide much. She has a lot of thoughts. And aside from work, being one of the doctor in the hospital, she has so much to do, and there is just something more, something like her broken heart.

“I didn’t saw you this morning..”

“Yeah, I had morning shift…” Jessica answered. They’re living together, because ever since Sooyoung got into the accident, Yoona stepped out from her home, going into Jessica’s place.

But even so, they almost never met. Different schedule, part of them trying to avoid each other, because they’re dealing with a lot of pain, just hiding behind it, not able to voice it out, not to anyone.

“You fled from the company again?”

“Dad said it’s okay..” Yoona gave a small smile “have you had lunch?” she asked, sitting on the chair just across her cousin’s.

Jessica glanced at the clock on her desk, one that her girlfriend gave.. once was her girlfriend.. “I was about to..” she answered.

“Yeah, I bet you don’t even remember about it before I stepped inside this room..”

Jessica escaped weak chuckles “..i am busy..”

“But you still need to eat..”

“I will.. I will..” Jessica smiled.

And both of them are definitely have their own problem that none of them are willing to open up, or bothering another with their problem. And they sure are being careful by not mentioning anything up tp this second, simply because they know, they’re broken, and bringing it up will do nothing but tearing them apart, more than they could take.

With that, they both are sitting in silence, awkwardly avoiding any eye contact.

 

It was when the silence is too much to handle, Jessica spoke softly “..visiting Sooyoung?” and of course, Jessica doesn’t really need an answer, not when it becomes her cousin’s habit for almost a month now.

A month as how Taeyeon demanded for her sister to stay. And it’s not that hard for Taeyeon to get her sister stay in the hospital. It’s her family’s hospital.

Besides, Sooyoung stays purely because she knows how worried Taeyeon will be if she leave the hospital in her current condition, aside from that, since she is living by herself after Yoona stepped out from her apartment, Taeyeon insisted for her to stay in the hospital. That way, whatever Sooyoung needs, and whatever happened, there is always someone who can look after the brunette.

And Sooyoung knows, at least, by staying in the hospital for a while, she at least causing less trouble for her sister. Because at the hospital, there is always nurse who can help her, one that Taeyeon told to assist her sister anytime, and Sooyoung can do her therapy easier, and Taeyeon can still keep an eye on her sister, while working.

“..hmm..” Yoona hummed with a light nod.

“How is she?”

“..i hate to admit it..” Yoona spoke quietly “..but she gets better lately, ever since she started that therapy with Dr.Hwang …” Yoona sighed “..Sooyoung is opened up, she just has some issue when she freaked out, feeling all helpless because she can’t do things right, or being furious because she hates not able to do things better.. she is in the process of adapting with her surrounding..”

“..I see..” Jessica nodded lightly “Dr.Hwang is one of our best psychiatrist.. she is supposed to be good..”

“..I know.. I just wished it was not her..”

“..things will get better..” Jessica assured, part of it more to herself.

“..if Dr.Hwang doesn’t have any interest on Sooyoung, maybe it will..”

“So, you knew about that?” Jessica brows furrowed, they rarely talked lately. And even if they did, never once they touch any sensitive topic, not when their heart still bleeding.

Yoona eyed her cousin, escaping another sigh before she talked “..they talk like they were lovers..” Yoona whispered silently “..you know, when Dr.Hwang reminded Sooyoung about how she saw Sooyoung back then in between their sessions..” Yoona added “..i am jealous.. really, really jealous..”

“..you’ve really changed..” Jessica spoke softly, giving a small smile along “..back then, when you left, you won’t turned back..”

“I wish I didn’t leave..”

“..she just need more time..” Jessica said softly.

“..yeah, for now, being by her side in silence is enough, even if she thought that I am just one of the nurse..” Yoona mumbled quietly “..i am glad Taeyeon didn’t say anything about it..”

“..yeah..”

“..how about you?”

“Hmm?” Jessica smiled weakly “I am fine.. broken, but I will be okay..” giving a light nod, Jessica spoke “I won’t give up on her.. never..”

“I wish I was as determinate as you.. if only I can go back and change every things I did..”

“You can fix your present..” Jessica gave a small smile “..present is God’s way to give us another chance..”

“Yeah..” Yoona mirrored the smile “..i will just try harder..”

“You should..” Jessica jokingly said, trying to ease their mood.

“..sorry.. anout your relationship.. I’m really sorry..” Yoona said “..i supposed to say this weeks ago…” she said apologetically “..it’s my fault.. if only i--..”

“It’s not your fault..” Jessica cut “you know, the only thing we shouldn’t do right now is blaming ourselves..” Jessica said “it got us nowhere..”

“But--..”

“Yoona.. it’s not your fault..” Jessica cut.

“..okay..” Yoona nodded lightly.

“But we still messed up..” Jessica lightened another joke “..and instead of thinking whose fault it is, and why it happened.. it’s better if we place things back into its places, fixing things, and win their heart all over again, right?”

“Yeah..” Yoona chuckled lightly “..thank you.. I really don’t know how to--..”

“Dr.Jung..” the door suddenly opened, revealing a middle age man “sorry, I don’t know that you have a guest..” the man walked inside.

“It’s okay..” Jessica smiled “can I help you Dr.Han?”

“Oh, I just want to hand you this file, it’s--..”

“Dr.Han!!” a young girl who definitely one of the nurse barged into the room before the tall man can handed the blonde the blue map “..Miss Sooyoung! She is into it again!”

-----

 

“Get out!! I said, get out!!”

“Miss Sooyoung, please calm down..” the chubby nurse coaxing softly.

“Stop treating me like I am someone with disability!!” Sooyoung yelled.

“I am sorry, Miss Sooyoung.. i--..”

“Get out!! I said, get out!!” Sooyoung walked blindly, bumping here and there, crushing and breaking things in her way, glasses, plates, vase, before she falls to the floor.

“..Gosh, Sooyoung..” Dr.Hwang, upon getting the news from one of the nurse, immediately making her way to Sooyoung’s room, only to be greeted by the sight of the vulnerable tall brunette in tears.

“..Sooyoung..” Tiffany walked closer, squatted right beside the tall woman.

“Go away!!” Sooyoung harshly pushed the red haired doctor.

“Sooyoung, it’s me.. it’s me..” Tiffnay chanted, pulling the brunette into a hug.

“..i can’t even eat by myself..” Sooyoung sobbed quietly “I can’t go to the bathroom without any help.. I can’t even go out from this room without assistance.. I can’t do anything by myself..”

“Shh..” Tiffany calmed the tall woman, running her palm ups and downs on Sooyoung’s back “..it’s okay.. I’m here..”

“…I should have just died..”

“Don’t say that..” Tiffany answered immediately “please don’t..”

Being with the tall woman for almost a month, Tiffany learned a lot from the woman. And it does nothing but make her falling for the young woman more and more..

“I don’t need help.. I don’t!!!”

“Shh.. please.. things will get better.. you just need this for a while..” Tiffany whispered softly “..in no time, you will be able to do things by yourself.. so please, don’t give up, okay?”

“When? When will I able to do things by myself? When I can see?”

“Sooyoung--..”

“Stop telling me lies!!!”

“Please, calm down.. please..”

“..i.. I don’t want to do this anymore..” Sooyoung mumbled.

“No, don’t..” Tiffany whispered weakly “..i will always be here for you, Soo.. so please don’t give up..”

“I don’t need to be here just so that people can pity me..”

“Trust me Soo.. you got people more than pitying you.. people loves you.. more than whatever you thought..”

Sooyoung escapes bitter chuckles “I hate myself.. and that’s exactly how other people feels towards me.. I do nothing but messing around, I do nothing but hurting and yelling, I do nothing but causing fuss everywhere.. I hate myself.. and so do they..”

“You’re wrong..” Tiffany pulled from the hug slightly “because I don’t hate you, Soo..”

“I don’t even want to be here, I wish i--..”

“I wish to meet you earlier..”

“Nobody want me--..”

“I want you..” and that’s enough to get the tall brunette silent.

“..then..” Tiffany said in a low whisper as she gaze deep into Sooyoung’s tearing eyes “..give me what you want to give up to..” Tiffany whispered quietly

In the dead silence, with loud thuds from their beating hearts, Sooyoung is sure left speechless by the sweet words.

Both their hearts are running fast, while the other are obviously surprised by the confession, the doctor studied the latter’s expression.

For what comes after, either they are ready to face it or now, they both know, Tiffany knows that she is taking the risk, and Sooyoung knows that she is not alone.. not like how she thought..

“..and if you’re going to give up on yourself..” she said “..Sooyoung.. give it up to me..”

And nothing is going to stay the same.. not after that what called a sweet confession..

 

But despite all that dead silence which fill the room.. nobody can tell if the confession happened in the right time.. or what comes after it..

They’re all stepping to front.. taking a risk.. and in the way, betting all they have…

Nobody can predict what happened next..

But for sure, there is someone who is lost in between two hearts..

Someone is risking for a confession on her long time crush without knowing what answer will she get..

And there is someone, having both her palm on , biting her lower lip as hard as she could, keeping herself silent from making any noises, falling sits on the floor, leaning her back on the wall beside the door, drenched in tears..

Her heart pained..

She is broken..

Even if the woman she loves says nothing.. but it scared her of what might coming next..

No.. she doesn’t even want to know what coming next..

It’s hurt…

Because she realized..

She is getting further..

And what hurt her more is that she can nothing about it..