Second destiny (Final)

Second Destiny

“..do you think they will be okay?” her eyes set straight to the front.

Without sparing her girlfriend a glance, Taeyeon nodded “they will be.”

“I am worried.” Jessica said softly, easily getting her girlfriend eyes that Jessica turned to meet “that they are trying to hurt each other again.”

Taeyeon’s left brow raised, her tone sounded sarcastic “you mean my sister might tried to hurt your cousin by her stubborn--..”

“They.” Jessica cut, lifting her hand to caress her girlfriend’s cheek gently “Taeng, I mean both of them might try to hurt each other.”

Taeyeon escaped a sigh, she is sure a little bit sensitive. And glad that Jessica is thoughtful about that.

Silence fill in between the couple once again as they let their eyes fall on the back of the two girls quite far away from them. They are standing a little bit far from the shore, just enough to keep an eye on both girls.

It suprised Taeyeon to find Tiffany’s resignation letter on her desk, yet again the call from Yoona this morning.

Tiffany certainly left a letter to explain anything.

And Taeyeon could understand it pretty much.

To be honest, Taeyeon might prefer the psychiatrist rather than the song-writer for her sister. She knows Tiffany loves Sooyoung very much, the reason why Tiffany left, it was sure that she just want Sooyoung to find her happiness.

But then again, it was Sooyoung’s heart that chooses not hers.

Her sister should know what’s better for herself.

Not that she hates Yoona for her past, but Taeyeon just couldn’t get over the fact the latter broke her sister’s heart and causing her to nearly never seen her sister again.

But if it’s for Sooyoung happiness, Taeyeon can always learn to put past aside, and supporting her sister for anything she wants.

It was crazy how fast things seem to happen in these past few months.

And Taeyeon will always make sure that none of that could ever happen again. Not about someone hurt her sister, not about her sister trying to get a short cut to relieve her pain, not something that could take her sister away from her.

Taeyeon is worried, but she will make sure that none of bad things ever happen to her sister again.

Taeyeon will always there, for her sister. She promised.

The petite woman her side, having the sight of equally worried Jessica by her sight.

And the same promise goes for this woman.

Jessica might realize Taeyeon’s stare on her that she turned, brows creased.

“Why do you staring at me like that?”

“I am not allowed to stare at my girlfriend now?”

Jessica giggled softly “it was just so suddenly.” She said, face slightly red when she girlfriend “I feel like you’re undressing me openly.”

Taeyeon give an amused expression, enjoying Jessica’s blushing by her own word “and if I do?” she teased back.

“Nah.” Jessica turned her body until she completely facing her girlfriend, circling her arms around Taeyeon’s neck, Taeyeon has hers around Jessica’s waist “I just thought that maybe you want to go inside?” she asked, pointing Taeyeon’s villa by her chin with her blush shading redder.

Taeyeon chuckled softly, glad that she owned this woman and still does.

“You want to go inside?” Taeyeon smiled mischievously.

The red shades on Jessica’s cheeks shown clearly over her pale skin, but she could care less “you don’t?” she challenged “I thought we might have something more fun to do inside than standing here watching the two of them who doesn’t seem like they were about to talk.”

“Something like?” the smile on Taeyeon’s face came naughtier that she intended to give.

Jessica gave a challenging smile which no less naughty from Taeyeon’s “if you ask one more question, I will change my mind.”

Taeyeon giggled “you won’t.”

“Try me.”

They escaped another laugh by the sweet conversation.

“..I just want to make sure that she is okay.” Taeyeon voiced softly.

“Hmm..” Jessica smiled lightly, but Taeyeon has her brows furrowed, catching the unsaid words Jessica want to say.

“What?”

“..hmm..” Jessica doubted, glancing over the two far away women before back to her girlfriend “promise me you won’t be mad?”

Taeyeon heaved a sigh “is it about them?” she asked, catching Jessica’s glance. The blonde nodded. “okay.” Taeyeon promised.

“..hmm.. since we promised not to interfere their relationship.” Jessica started hesitantly “..would you be mad if we give our support to them instead?”

Taeyeon was about to open , but Jessica quickly added “I mean, when Sooyoung decided to start it with Tiffany, we’re trying to respect their relationship, weren’t we?”

“..and since—since now things happened to be like this..” Jessica continued “..i think it might just be nice and easier for them if they know that we support whatever decision they made.”

“Decision if Sooyoung agreed to back with Yoona?”

Jessica frowned “..you know.. I thought that Sooyoung might still consider your feeling too.” Jessica spoke “we both know that they are in love with each other.” She added “and we both know that you’re not really fond of my cousin.” She said, quickly added incase she upset her girlfriend “of course after the stupid mistake my cousin did, which I was not fond of as well.”

Taeyeon escaped another sigh, again, but wearing a small smile she spoke “okay, I will try to talk it out with Sooyoung.”

Jessica beamed happily, crushing their lips right away “thank you!” she exclaimed happily before hugging her girlfriend tightly.

Taeyeon laughed softly “she should thankful to have you as her cousin.”

“Yeah..” Jessica giggled.

The silence got too comfortable that it was hard to break it, but Taeyeon spoke softly, something she has been considering, and keeping for herself for a while now “Sica..” she called softly making the blonde pulled slightly from the hug only to meet her eyes.

“Yes?” Jessica gave a confused look.

“It’s been years since we meet each other.” She said “and just longer that we started to going out, and this relationship of ours just keep getting better.”

Jessica nodded, agreed right away.

“People said that at some point, when you’re dating, you will grow to be bored of each other.” Taeyeon spoke, earning a pout from the blonde “but that wasn’t the case for me.” she smiled, getting one from Jessica as well “strangely,” Taeyeon paused with a naughty smile “I just keep falling deeper, and deeper in love with you.”

“I have it worse.” Jessica giggled, leaning to peck her girlfriend’s lips “trust me.”

Taeyeon smiled “that’s why..” she said, unwrapping Jessica’s arms around her neck, take a step back while her hand shoved on her pocket, writing all the confused look on Jessica’s face.

“..I would like to spent another year with you, tens of them.. even hundred if God allowed me to..” she said sweetly, with a smile, opened her palm just to let a red velvet box came into Jessica’s eyes.

Jessica’s eyes turned glassy, both palms on to cover her shock of gasps, and before she knows, she is already crying, even before Taeyeon stands on one of her knee.

Jessica actually thought that she will need still few years to assure the petite woman that they should go there.

“Jessica Jung..” Taeyeon said, with the box open revealing a diamond silver ring “..will you marry me?”

Jessica smiled in between the tears. This is the best day of her life. Just the best.

Jessica bended her body to wrap her arms around her gifrlriend’s or her soon-to-be-wife’s neck “I do, I do..” she whispered “Kim Taeyeon, I do..”

-----

 

Yoona hasn’t dared to voice a word.

This morning, after she got a letter from Tiffany which the psychiatrist dropped at her agency, Yoona has no other thought than to run the life out of hers to the only one who could give her all the reasons to breath.

But even after she got there, stepping into Sooyoung’s apartment with the key she got ever since they were in the relationship, and which Sooyoung still allowed her to have because Yoona is still coming over to help her, everyday, Yoona first spotted the tall brunette sitting on her bed, hand holding a recorder with tears running down on her face.

Yoona wasted no time before she wrapped her arms around the broken girl.

Sooyoung said nothing, nothing else but “..please call Taeyeon..”

So Yoona did as she told so.

It happened that Sooyoung asked her sister to drive her to the villa, Taeyeon’s family’s villa which placed in the countryside.

This was the first time they met.

It hurt Yoona to know that Sooyoung might come here, looking for peace and calmness, only to know that she couldn’t get it by her eyes.

Sooyoung loves the sunset. Sooyoung always love to have the orange dark sky to turn black by her sight.

But all Yoona could wish is that Sooyoung could have what she needs by the smell of ocean, and the voice of the waves.

And what hurts most is that even if Sooyoung stopped crying, the latter hasn’t shared anything with her, yet.

It will be okay for Yoona if Sooyoung shared her pain by Tiffany’s departure, sure it will hurt, but it will hurt less than having nothing at all.

“..It’s getting dark..” Yoona voiced carefully “would you like to come back to the villa now?” she asked, fixing the thin blanked on Sooyoung’s shoulder.

“You could get inside--..”

“I will stay.” Yoona cut.

Sooyoung said nothing after. Their gaze fall back to the horizon, yet one of them can not enjoy the same scene.

“..I know it was selfish of me to tell you this.” Yoona spoke quietly, but her heart screaming “but I wish you could share it with me.”

“The burden, the pain, the sadness, the loneliness, the fear..” Yoona added as quietly “…I might had been once become the most stupid person on earth.” She said “but now.. I would never, ever turn that way ever again..” she said.

And Yoona knows, trust ought to be earned, and it was the tall girl’s decision whatever she wanted to give the honor to hers ever again.

“..I will wait until you’re ready again..” Yoona spoke “until you’re ready again to share your life with me..” she smiled weakly “until then..” she continued after a beat “I will always be here, by your side.”

Silence easily fills in between them.

“I understand why she left..” Sooyoung spoke softly, making Yoona’s turned just immediately “she deserve someone better.. someone who could love her like she is the only one worth in the world..” she added “and someone who won’t give her pain..”

Yoona’s eyes locked on Sooyoung’s side façade, once again, finding herself falling in love endlessly.

Yoona would rather have this sight than the sunrise.

Compare to both, this side takes her breath even more.

“If I were her..” Sooyoung mumbled “I might leave either..”

“I know I did that once.” Yoona said “I thought I can save something or—or someone by that thoughtless act.” She whispered brokenly “only to know that I can’t even find myself stand on my own.”

“I know it was impossible to turn time, yet to pretend like nothing had happened when I know I had broke you like nobody else could ever think about.” Yoona’s voice cracked “I was ashamed of myself, and I still am..”

“But then again, I have no reason to breath aside from having to survive for you.” she continued “I have no reason to have a smile and laugh on my face ever again aside than when I see one in yours..”

“I have no other way to heal my misery, my pain, and my loneliness..” Yoona’s tears fall, but wipe it before it fall on her lap “..nothing but you..”

“And I have to other choice but to fix things I had ever messed..” Yoona added “and waiting until you’re ready to spare me forgiveness, and lend me a bit of your trust again..”

“..and even if until the end you wouldn’t..” she said “knowing that I deserve it more than anyone else..” she paused, broken “..I will still staying by your side.”

“I love you, Sooyoung..” she voiced sweetly “and I will always do..”

The sounds of waves are what fill the emptiness between them after. It was before Sooyoung spoke again.

“..it hurts..” Sooyoung spoke softly “more after I know, that she was hurting herself by staying with me.”

“..staying with someone will give pain.. once in a while..” Yoona spoke “but the happiness always make it worth..” she added, reaching out her hand to give Sooyoung’s hand a light squeeze “trust me, she is happy..”

“..everyone who spent time with you does..” Yoona added, smiling.

“..and knowing how imperfect I am--..”

“Everyone are..”

“Not everyone blind.”

“Being able to see doesn’t mean they’re perfect.”

“But it is always better--..”

“We should stop by these kinds of talk already.” Yoona spoke “because I won’t step away.”

Sooyoung heaved a sigh, deciding to say nothing.

“..I might need to wait forever..” Yoona said “..i might need to start from the very first start..” she added “and even so, I might still not earning your trust in the end to start it all over again with me..”

Yoona paused before she continued “but I will stay, I will never leave again, and I will just always there when you need me..”

“I promise, Sooyoung.. I will..”

Sooyoung didn’t say any word.

Because she knows, no matter how hard she tried to deny, they’re still in love with each other.

Really a lot more than they thought they are.

The sound of waves once again filled the moment of silence in between them.

They are lost in their thought.

Yoona turned to her side, having Sooyoung’s calm face with eyes closed in her sight.

She is going to start it from the very start like how she said earlier.

She is going to wait, and even if it takes forever, it will still worth.

Yoona could really stay like this forever, Sooyoung by her side, knowing that they are so close and silently wishing for each other happiness.

And that’s it.

She is going to take a step, all over again.

Yoona bit her lower lip anxiously before she took a deep breath, gathering her courage before she finally said.

It was when she voiced in the soft sweet whisper “..so say.. do you believe in destiny?”

 


a/n: Early Christmas present :D

Considering I might can't update for the few next weeks..

This might be my last update for the year..

Happy reading :)

 

And, This fic is originally ended like this ( from what I planned)..

But I will try to add an epilogue later.. (maybe not soon)..

:D enjoy..