Approval

Second Destiny

“What?”

Mrs.Im are staring on her daughter like she just heard the craziest thing ever..

“Did you just say that she is your lover?”

“Yes mom..” Yoona said calmly, her left hand on Sooyoung’s lap, fingers intertwined with Sooyoung’s right.

“You said you’re going to bring your boyfriend..” Mrs.Im stared on her daughter who is sitting right across her.

“I said lover..” Yoona spoke “I never said boyfriend..”

“What kind of joke are you throwing tight now, Im Yoona..” Mrs.Im said, eyes light in fire as she is ready to burn her daughter alive “stop talking trash, and get back into your right mind..”

“I’m in my right mind..” Yoona said determinately “…and I’m trying to respect you, so please respect me just a little by not talking like that in front of my girlfriend..” Yoona said.

“Respect?” Mrs.Im asked incredulously “we’re done cleaning up your trash for you, Im Yoona..” Mrs.Im said “we’re done covering every bad things you did..” she said “so now, you better make sure this is not going to go public.. and this better be the last..” she said in between her gritted teeth.

It’s a good thing that they took a private room for the dinner meeting.

“I don’t care if this is going public..” Yoona replied in the same tone, flat, calm and determinate “..and this is the last.. Sooyoung is the last person for me.. my last love..”

“If you’re trying to mess with us, you better stop Yoona..”

“I never had any intention to mess with you both, mom, dad..” Yoona answered “..i never brought anyone to meet you before..” she said “..so, out of all person, you both should be the one who are sure that this time.. I am not messing around..”

“Are you out of your mind?!” Mrs.Im asked incredulously, fingers massaging her temple.

“I’ve never been this sure in my whole life..” Yoona spoke, turned to meet her father’s eyes “I love Sooyoung more than anything..”

“No, Yoona, definitely no..” Mrs.Im voiced “do you really expect us to—to approve your relationship?!”

“I know we never just agreed in anything.. even one thing..” Yoona spoke “..and no matter how much I messed around to go against your words, i always go as how you wish, no matter what I did, in the end, I let you take control in everything..” she added “but just this one.. I begged you to let this go..” she said “..just this one..”

“You clearly have no idea what you’re talking about..” Mrs.Im said “had you hear yourself? Bringing this random woman out of nowhere?”

“She is not a random woman..” and that the first time in that night Yoona spoke coldly in between her gritted teeth “she is my girlfriend.. the one and only person I love..”

“Yoona, this is not right! what do you think the media will do if this leak out?”

“Why do you care about that?” Yoona said desperately, having a pained expression by her mother’s words “do you even think what I feel when you said that to me?”

“Yoona-..”

“Tell me about yourself..” Mr.Im said, eyes looking into Sooyoung’s.

“What?!” Mrs.Im asked, staring at her husband, but the man seems not to bother.

“My name is Choi Sooyoung, Mr.Im..” Sooyoung, despite quite surprise by the sudden order from Yoona’s father, she answered pretty calm “I am a designer, a fashion designer in JH company..”

“Ah.. I see..” he said “..that company is one of the sponsorship for my agency, clothes for my artist..” he added  “..and you must be that young talented designer I’ve heard a lot about a lot.. that one who are being hired by the company even before you graduated, right?”

“Ah.. I am really not that good, Mr.Im..” Sooyoung politely answered “..sometimes, people tent to overstate something than how it supposed to be..” she added “..at first when I got hired, I know I was being lucky.. and for the rest, it’s hard works that keeps me there..”

The old man who once leaned his back on the chair, upon hearing that straightened his back “interesting..” he mumbled “..now I can see why Yoona falls for you..” he said “..and how dare she is to bring you here to meet us..” he glanced to her blushing daughter, giving a small smile as Yoona returned the favor. Mrs.Im shook her head disbelievingly.

“I own an agency.. I know how to spot a good artist..” he said “I do believe it’s talent that get people higher..” he added “but it always hard work that keep people stay up there..” he said softly “and more of it.. it’s humility that keep people in line.. that one to control so that people won’t drown in fame, power, money, and all that glimmering world..” he said “..and I can see you have it all..”

“Thank you Mr.Im, even if I know that I don’t quite deserve such a compliment from you..” Sooyoung replied “..i think it’s just because I know that how it feels when I lost everything that I am able to keep remind myself not to lean on anything I get..maybe because I know how it broke me down to lose someone I leaned on that I finally try to stand by myself..” she said “honestly speaking, I was doing pretty good back then.. and I think my current family and my sister are the only place I can run into when I feel down..” she continued “but its getting worse when Yoona came in..” Sooyoung gave a warm smile “now, I can’t imagine my life without her..”

Mr.Im glanced on her blushing daughter before her eyes landed back on Sooyoung “you’re doing a good job on impressing me there, Choi Sooyoung..” he said “..and I can pretty much understand why my daughter here daring herself to bring you here..”

“We’re not going to approve their relationship, Minho!!” Mrs.Im said, slamming the table as she stood up from her seat after listen to her husband’s compliment over the tall brunette.

“Hejin.. Yoona brought her girlfriend to meet us for a conversation, right?” Mr.Im said calmly “so I think it’s better if we hear what they’re going to say to get us to approve their relationship..” he said “not to get it all over by a single vote..”

“No!” Mrs.Im said stubbornly “we’re not going to approve this because ever since the start, this is already so wrong!!”

“Hejin..” Mr.Im called.

“No! I said no!” Mrs.Im said “I won’t ever approve this!!” and with that, Mrs.Im stepped out from the room, going out from that private room.

Mr.Im glanced over her wife, before turned to her daughter “do you want to give it another try?” he asked “maybe having a mother-daughter talk alone can melt her heart?” he gave a small smile.

Yoona turned to Sooyoung and the brunette responded with a small smile, her thumb brushing Yoona’s back of palm before Sooyoung let Yoona’s hand go “I will wait you here..”

Mr.Im chuckled “I already told you, Yoona.. she impressed me.. why are you so worried?”

Yoona sighed, facing her father as she stood up, speaking softly “dad, when I say I love her, I really mean it..”

Mr.Im chuckled “are you always that cheesy? You just confessed in front of your girlfriend there..”

“Da—dad!!”

“Fine.. fine..” Mr.Im laughed “go talk to your mother now..”

 

With Yoona left the room, silence fill for a moment before Mr.Im spoke.

“..what do you mean about your current family?” he asked carefully “and please, if you don’t feel like answering, just tell me..” he said.

“Ah.. about that.. I was just an elementary student when my parents left me in an accident..” Sooyoung replied “..ever since than, my mother’s sister family are taking care of me.. better than anyone could.. and they treat me like their own family..” she added “..so yes, they’re my family now.. and they will always be..”

Mr.Im nodded lightly before he spoke “..it’s true that for these past years, Yoona never got any trouble anymore..” he said “never again she made herself as the front page of the magazine, causing trouble here and there.. well, except from coming late to work sometimes, and going home earlier which I don’t really mind as far as she does her job greatly which she is..” he added “to which I conclude, she is meeting someone, someone good that can chance her..”

“It’s just..” Mr.Im paused, meeting Sooyoung’s calm gaze “I never thought that it’s… a woman..”

“Sorry if I am out from your expectation, mr.Im..”

Mr.Im smiled “that’s why, the moment she stepped inside this room with you.. I feel like she is going to declare a war with her mother..” he said “and I guess I was right..”

Sooyoung’s sits still calmly, but even so, the old man can clearly see that sad and worried look on her eyes.

“Don’t worry.. they’re always like that..” he smiled reassuringly “..and truthfully speaking.. Choi Sooyoung, you do fill beyond my expectation..” he said “and as much as I want to disprove Yoona’s choice..” he added “this time, I know she is right for choosing you..”

“..thank you..” Sooyoung smiled sincerely “..you don’t know how much it means for me..”

“I know my daughter is not the perfect woman in this world.. and despite all the bad things she did which i supposed you already heard about..” he said “..i feel she is lucky to have you staying by her side..” he added “and I hope, this thing..” he shrugged, giving another smile “with her mom doesn’t chance your decision about it..”

“If there is one thing I can assure you, Mr.Im.. it’s that I am beyond sure that I won’t ever leave your daughter.. I won’t stop loving her..” Sooyoung spoke “..and it’s me who is lucky..” she said “because she is the one who keep me strong.. because I know I won’t be able to stay like this in front of you, if I’m not sure that she is the only person who I want to spent forever with..” Sooyoung smiled warmly “and trust me, mr.Im.. I don’t want to see myself without her..”

“That’s why..” Sooyoung spoke “despite I have nothing to offer you because I am asking you for the best thing that ever happened in your life..” she said “..please.. give me a chance.. and let me taking care of Yoona.. and if forever sounds too much for you.. how about for the rest of my life?”

Mr.Im chuckled “..seriously.. you’re good with words..” he said “..and about the best thing that ever happened in my life..” he said “Yoona is second..” he smiled “Hejin still first..”

Sooyoung chuckled, and all that scary images about her girlfriend’s father vanished with that warm, gentle, and loving words.

“..and.. talking about approval--..” he said, but his words stopped when Yoona barged in to the room and immediately sits on her previous seat, beside Sooyoung.

Sooyoung immediately took Yoona’s hand on hers, holding tight as Yoona returned the favor, but still saying nothing.

“..so, I took it as your talk is not going good..” Mr.Im said.

Yoona sighed, meeting her father’s calm eyes “..mom got furious when I told her that I am living with Sooyoung already..”

“What?” Mr.Im asked “I thought you’re living with Jessica?”

“I moved out..” Yoona replied, biting her lower lip nervously “I move with Sooyoung when we got into this relationship..”

“So, it’s already more than two years since you both are living together?”

“..hmm..” Yoona nodded “..and mom told me not to step into our home before I break up with Sooyoung..” she said, when her eyes gazed hard “which are never going to happen..”

Sooyoung realized Yoona’s hardened gaze, gently squeezing Yoona’s hand to calm the latter, which work when Yoona escapes another deep sigh.

“..okay, I guess.. I will go now..” Mr.Im said “you both are clearly need to talk..”

Mr.Im stood up “and about approval thing you asked..” he turned to Sooyoung, giving a small smile “you got it from me..” he said “so, considering that you’re a part of the family.. don’t be too formal..” he said “uncle will be okay.. and I guess it’s only matter of time to where it chances where you can call me as how Yoona does..” he said, this time meeting Yoona’s eyes “right, Yoon..”

“..da-dad!” Yoona whined, her face got red in instant.

Mr.Im laughed softly “..and Yoona, after knowing that you are living with your girlfriend for more than 2 years already..” he said, giving an unknowing smile “..you don’t really need that kind of talk with your parents, right?”

“Da-dadd!!!”

Mr.Im laughed on her daughter’s worsened blushing.

“..okay.. I will leave now..” he smiled and with that, leaving the private room.

 

Yoona bits her lower lip when she turned her face to meet Sooyoung’s eyes. And instead getting an angry expression from her mother’s words and action, all she got is Sooyoung’s warm and loving smile.

“..damn, screw this..” Yoona mumbled silently as she swiftly climbed on Sooyoung’s lap, crushing her lips on Sooyoung for a hard and deep kiss.

“..you have no idea.. how much I tried to hold myself from doing this just now..” Yoona mumbled in between her pants, leaning her temple on Sooyoung when they pulled from their breathless kiss.

“..so do I..” Sooyoung giggled.

“..about what happened-..”

“It won’t chance anything..” Sooyoung cut “it won’t chance my feeling for you, it won’t chance my decision to spend forever with you, and it won’t chance my mind to make you mine..”

Yoona gave a loving smile on her blushing face “..i am already yours..”

“I need to make sure it goes forever..” Sooyoung grinned.

“It does..” Yoona replied, planting another kiss.

“We will go through this together.. baby..” Sooyoung said “I promise..”

“I love you baby.. I love you just so much, Sooyoung.. to where you have no idea how much anymore..”

“Then, you clearly have something to describe my love for you there..” Sooyoung grinned “I won’t give up on you, Yoona.. even when the world go against us..” she said “I promise..”