Competing fair and honest

Second Destiny

a/n: I’m currently out of town, so I won’t be able to update regularly…

I don’t really have a plan on updating either since it’s quiet hard for that for a while..

But I will try to update still..

Anyway, happy reading :D


 

 

Yoona is standing in the living room awkwardly. Just like Sooyoung, how much she wishes that every time she is standing there to just remember their sweet time, doing things together, having their movie dates, making loves, or staying in each other’s embrace.

But it’s all gone.

Leaving her with nothing.

Now this room feels so sad and strange, unfamiliar.

Yoona misses what she had. And she wants it back.

No matter how hard it could be, no matter how long she needs to fight, she is going to get it all back.

Yoona walks closer to the only figure who is sitting on the couch silently, staring nowhere.

Yoona sits just by Sooyoung’s side, as quiet as the tall brunette does.

They need to talk. Talking on whatever hurting them, talking about whatever they’re running from, talking about them.

Yoona knows that she would rather go with honesty than doing this secretly. She is done playing hide and seek.

She is going to talk, no matter how the outcome goes.

She is going to win Sooyoung back. Definitely.

They’re in silent, and it took a while before Yoona spoke.

“..you should have known that it was me all this time..” Yoona said “..I’m not stupid Soo..” she added softly “..i know when you are pretending just to avoid something you don’t want to talk about..”

“I know you recognized me..”

Sooyoung said nothing.

And Yoona took it as her turn to speak.

“…you want me..” she spoke softly “..is it too much if I wish for us? Just like how we used to be?”

Yoona shifted her angle, sitting a little facing Sooyoung with her eyes gazing deep into Sooyoung’s, but Sooyoung doesn’t meet hers.

Yoona reached out her hand as she get Sooyoung’s on hers, but Sooyoung pulled before Yoona can locked their fingers.

Yoona bit her lower lip, hurting by Sooyoung’s silent rejection.

“..talk to me, please..” Yoona whispered pleadingly. So desperate to hear a word from that voice she misses so much.

“..talk to me…” Yoona whispered.

“..just let me pursuing this..” Yoona spoke “..give me a change to take care of you for this time being..”

“..don’t you want me as much as I want you?”

“..you’re wrong..” Sooyoung spoke, Yoona broke, but Sooyoung starts talking.

“You want me as much as I want you..” Yoona spoke “it should be the only reason why you didn’t push me away.. that’s the only reason why you ignored my presence by your side..”

“..you can stop whenever you want..”

“I don’t want to..” Yoona replied immediately “I love you, Soo.. so, so much..”

“You can even stop now..”

“I won’t.. I won’t stop even if you push me..”

“You should’ve said that when I begged you to stay..”

Yoona’s eyes glimmering in tears “I was being stupid..”

“I am not going to walk the same path over again..” Sooyoung said “it killed me once.. and I won’t let--..”

“I won’t let that happen…”

”You did.”

Tears fall when Yoona blinked her eyes, staring into Sooyoung’s eyes.

“..give me a change to do what’s right..”

“You did what’s--…”

“It was wrong, we both know it was.” Yoona cut.

“Why now?”

“I don’t want to live without you, it hurts me so much.. it kills me..”

“You’re just feeling guilty.. and responsible over what happened to me..”

“If only I can describe it that easy..” Yoona spoke.

“You can.”

“But I would be lying..”

It got Sooyoung silent.

“I love you.. and we both know that..” Yoona whispered, holding the urge to run her finger over Sooyoung’s cheek.

“You don’t have to do something just because you think it was your fault..”

“I never thought loving you is something wrong..” Yoona answered “letting you go was..”

Their hearts are running wild, chest tightened. That was sweet.

“..are you..” Yoona swallowed “..a-are you.. going out with Dr.Hwang?”

“..no..” Sooyoung spoke, she is telling the truth. None of a serious thing ever slipped in between their conversation, but it obvious that they are in the middle of something, something close to there “but Tiffany said--..”

“I don’t want to hear about it.” Yoona cut “I knew what I needed to know, and it’s enough..”

Sooyoung heaved a sigh, but saying nothing.

“..please.. just one chance.. I will do this fair with Dr.Hwang..” Yoona said softly “if she wants you the way I do.. I am going to so this fair.. I will win you back..”

“..i have no right to tell you what to do..”

“I wish you do..” Yoona replied, honestly and sincerely “I wish you do..”

“Do whatever you want..” Sooyoung spoke “but I guarantee you nothing..”

A smile makes its way on Yoona’s face, swiftly, she trapped Sooyoung’s face with both hands, leaning closer to plant her lips on the edge of Sooyoung’s lips.

What comes more can wait. Yoona is sure and she can stay patient. For a moment, yes, she could.

It took Sooyoung by surprised that she was stiffened.

“Thank you.. I won’t ever mess this anymore..” Yoona mumbled as she pulled “I promise, I won’t..”

-----

 

Who am I? And how, I wonder, will this story end..

It was The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks.

Yoona read the book she brought for Sooyoung.

It was after lunch that Yoona offered to read a book for Sooyoung. And to prevent and avoid an upcoming boredom which she knows will crawl over any time soon, Sooyoung agreed in no matter of time.

Sooyoung is sitting on the big couch, eyes staring right to the front, not focused in a particular, Yoona is reading, with eyes glancing over between the woman she loves and the book once in a while.

For going all her way here, Yoona even took months off from her works, approved by her father who definitely feels guilty over what happened.

Yoona hasn’t talk much with her parents. She swore that the next time she was there, Sooyoung will be there either.

Yoona is definitely putting all her will and doing everything she could. She definitely is when Sooyoung doesn’t push and avoiding her anymore.

She is grateful. And Yoona is determinate to win Sooyoung’s heart all over again. She will and she is going to.

This time she will make it forever. And that’s how she keeps telling herself. Forever.

My life? It isn’t easy to explain. It has not been the rip-roaring spectacular I fancied it would be, but neither have I burrowed around with the gophers. I supposed it has most resembled a blue-chip stock: fairly stable, more ups than downs, and gradually trending upwards over time. I’ve learned that not everyone can say this about his life. But do not be misled. I am nothing special, of this I am sure. I am a common man with common thoughts, and I’ve led a common live. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will be soon be forgotten, but I’ve loved another with all my heart and soul, and to me this has always been enough.”

Her life? It might not be the one glamour life it would be, nor one with a never-touch-sadness or happy-all-the-time, but sure that it was worth it. Ever since this someone stepped inside, never once she ever felt this wonderful. And it does more that anything. Because it was when she learned to love unconditionally and with every little of her… and it was when she loved with all of hers, with every pieces of her.. with every little bits of her.. it was love, life, and Sooyoung..

A sweet smile secretly makes its way on her face when she fixed her eyes on Sooyoung.

The tall brunette yawned, maybe a little bit sleepy after their lunch just now.

Oh, how much she wants to crawl all over this person, how much she wants to run her lips all over this woman over and over again, how much she wants to hug this person tightly and never let go, how much Yoona wants to show Sooyoung how much she loves her time to time, second to second, and never stop.

Sooyoung has her eyes closed, leaning her back on the couch, seemly to relaxing over Yoona’s presence, and it widened Yoona’s smile.

I realized that the odds, and science, are against me. But science is not the total answer. This I know, this I have learned in my life time. And that leaves me with the belief that miracles, no matter how inexplicable or unbelievable, are real and can occur without regard to the natural order of thins. So once again, just as I do every day, I begin to read the notebook aloud, so that she can hear it, in the hope that the miracle that has come to dominate my life will once again prevail.”

Yoona closed the book after the end of chapter one.

Sooyoung’s calm and steady breathing tell her that the brunette has been asleep.

Yoona moved closer, sitting just next to Sooyoung, closing the distance between them that once there.

And just right when they are sitting next to each other, Yoona slid her hand on Sooyoung’s cheek, pulling Sooyoung’s head to lay on her shoulder as gently as she could.

Yoona keeps her hand on Sooyoung’s cheek, caressing gently when the other hand holding one of Sooyoung’s as she shifted from Sooyoung’s lap to hers, locking their fingers.

“..as much as I wish time stops here..” Yoona whispered “I wish that I can go more than this..” she added as softly “..love.. I will win you back, no matter how hard it would be..”

Yoona smiled softly when she turned slightly, placing a soft peck on the sleeping one’s hairs.

“..I am not going to let anyone own you..” she mumbled with her lips pressed on Sooyoung’s hair “you belong to me, just as much as I belong to you…” she whispered “I love you, Soo… I really do…”