Starting from the start

Second Destiny

“So, Dr.Jung.. would you like some company?”

“No, thanks..” Jessica answered emotionlessly, staring at her ice tea and her lunch mindlessly. She just has no appetite at all.

She is sitting in the hospital canteen, alone, wishing that there is this certain women she misses so much would say that instead. That same question a young intern asked her just now.

“Oh, come on..” He grinned “I would make a great company..” he said “inside.. and outside this hospital..” he smiled cockily ”I just need a chance.. I can proof it to you.. if you want to..”

“No thanks..” Jessica said coldly, sparing a glare this time, annoyed, before she landed her eyes back on her lunch.

“Oh, come on Dr.Jung! I can--..”

“She said she doesn’t want to..” another cold voice spoke from behind the tall man, making the tall man swiftly turn around, and for Jessica to lift her head.

“..Dr—dr.Kim?”

“Is that something you don’t understand or you needed me to repeat what I just said?”

“Ah—ah.. I—I get it, Dr—dr.Kim..” the tall man stuttered “..I—I was just about to—to leave..” he said, and swiftly without waiting another word from the senior doctor, he left right away.

Taeyeon pulled the chair across Jessica’s, sitting just there without saying anything.

Jessica’s lips curved a smile. That’s sweet. For whatever reason Taeyeon has, and ignoring whatever relationship they are in currently, Jessica loves whatever Taeyeon did just now.

“..thank you..” Jessica voiced softly, her eyes can’t leaving Taeyeon.

“I am not doing this for anyone..” Taeyeon replied, not sparing a glance on the blonde, putting a paperbag on the table while busy taking her lunch out of that.

“..still, thank you..” Jessica smiled, and she got anxious the moment she saw the paper bag “..but if you want to throw it away, please.. at least not in my face..”

“..I am hungry..” and that’s all Taeyeon replied.

Jessica’s smile widened. After their hard breakup, as Jessica said, she is not the one who will give up on them. And knowing how hardworking Taeyeon is, or how workaholic the petite woman can get, Jessica is trying to company the doctor to at least not skipping lunch and dinner. Her home made meals.

“..stop staring.. and eat your lunch..” Taeyeon spoke, feeling Jessica’s eyes on her, digging on her lunch, not sparing a glance over the blonde yet.

Jessica can’t even wipe that grin on her face “..ah, yeah… sure..” she smiled, and now, she has that appetite back. She wants to eat, as long as she is eating together with this women she misses so much.

Jessica starts digging on her lunch, eyes never really leave Taeyeon for once in a while she will have tha petite woman in her sight, over and over again with that soft smile on her face “..umm… so, how’s lunch?” Jessica asked, biting her lower lip, waiting nervously.

Since they seldom talk face to face, Jessica never really got a word from the petite woman about her home made lunch.

“..it’s okay..”

“Just okay?” Jessica pouted while spooning a mouthful of rice on “..i guess I need to work harder..” she mumbled “I make them with love.. how come they just taste okay..” she mumbled childishly “I even got into a cooking course just to make it edible..”

Taeyeon’s face is obviously blushing slightly, with her heart running wild, and she is obviously going insane with that sweet talk, but she is keeping it all for herself, keeping her face down on her lunch so that Jessica oblivious about that “..don’t overwork yourself..”

And Jessica can’t help but giving that wide smile back to her face “..are you worried?”

“I have no reason to…”

“You’re here..”

And with that, Taeyeon lifted her head, meeting Jessica’s soft smile as she spoke “..what does that supposed to mean?”

“Aren’t you here to make sure that I don’t skip lunch?” Jessica gave a sweet teasing smile, a soft one, doesn’t want to make Taeyeon uncomfortable.

And Taeyeon is lying if she says she didn’t.

“And why should I?” Taeyeon replied, not actually answering Jessica’s question.

“Because we have mutual understanding?” Jessica smiled softly “we love each other..”

And hell!! who Taeyeon is trying to fool. Hell, she loves this woman. So much. So, so much.

Taeyeon stopped eating, both arms crossed on the table, eyes meeting Jessica’s, and Jessica’s eyes meet hers.

It took them quite long in silence, and they don’t even give a damn about being in public place, the hospital’s canteen to be exact.

It must take all of them not to jump into each other’s embrace now. Noted in mind that they are indeed being in a public place.

And it’s true that sometimes eyes speak more than word can do.

They miss each other. They obviously do. So much, so, so much.. and looking at how none of them wanting to break their staring, they’re drowning more.. and more..

“..don’t waste your time on someone like me..”

“I am not wasting my time..” Jessica answered almost immediately, followed by a frown “and I hate how you called yourself..”

“I don’t deserve you..”

“Nobody has any right to tell me who I deserve..” Jessica said “I was the one who is going to live with who I choose.. and I choose you, Tae.. my heart does..”

“..really..” Taeyeon whispered softly with her body leaned closer to the table “..what have I done to deserve someone like you in my life?”

“You make me falling in love with you..” Jessica smiled sweetly “..and that’s enough.. you know it always does..”

“..you make me feeling like a fool for breaking us..”

“You are..” Jessica giggled softly “you’re a fool for letting someone who love you so much out from your life..” she said “but I can understand you.. you’re just trying to protect your sister..” Jessica smiled softly before it turned into a teasing one “..that’s why I give you another chance to fix your mistake..”

“..Sica..” Taeyeon called softly “I don’t even think that I deserve another chance..”

“..Tae.. I am the only person who allowed to decide on that..” Jessica said, leaning closer as well “..and I want us back.. I’m not going to hurt my feeling by telling you that I am okay with our breakup..” she added “I am being honest, and I want you…” Jessica gave a soft smile as she said “..Tae.. you completed me.. and I want you back into my life.. I want to spent forever with you..”

“We need a lot of talks to get there..”

“And I am willing to take it by steps..”

“We might have a lot of fights..”

“But we will always find a way to work it out just fine..”

“I might hurt you again..”

“Loving you means I am ready for whatever waiting in front of us..” Jessica said softly “..which I know you won’t hurt me.. you won’t..”

“I just did..”

“You did things you thought was right.. you’re taking shortcut, thinking to save us all.. me, Sooyoung, and yourself.. even in the end it hurt us.. Tae..” Jessica called lovingly “I know you’re just trying to protect us…”

“..Sica..” Taeyeon’s eyes glimmering with tears “..tell me why I should say yes..”

Jessica keeps that sweet loving smile on her face when she whispered lovingly, sweetly “..because I love you.. Tae.. I always do.. and you know that nobody will love you more than I do…”

Taeyeon gritted her teeth, trying to hold her tears while leaning her back on her seat, both arms folded on her chest “..if we’re alone, I would jump on you.. kiss you hard.. and only God knows what I have in my mind right now..”

Jessica giggled softly, blushing hard when she whispered “..i don’t really have public display affection issue..”

Taeyeon chuckled softly, leaning closer when she whispered “..yes.. but I would like some things which I know was mine.. stays mine only..”

Jessica escapes another giggle “..so.. tell me..” she said “..do we get another chance?”

“After I hurt you.. are you going to give me lifetime happiness just like that?” Taeyeon’s brows creased playfully “..i deserve being scolded, cursed, beaten, and even some other heavy punishment..”

“..yeah..” Jessica laughed “..but what can I say.. I love you just so much that I don’t mind giving it for free..”

“..i am so lucky..”

“You are..”

Taeyeon chuckled before her face keeping a soft loving smile as she spoke “...can you give us some time before this?”

Jessica’s smile softened “can I get a reason?”

“Let me make sure that whatever happened between my sister and your cousin, will do nothing on our relationship anymore..” Taeyeon spoke “I will find a way.. not to let anything about them.. get into me to take part into what supposed to be ours only.. can we?”

Jessica nodded, still with the same smile she said “..sure.. we need that..” she added “I would like that what goes on between us, should just be ours..” Jessica spoke “..and what’s supposed to be theirs, stays in between them.. and no matter what happened, it won’t affect us.. not anymore..”

“..thank you, Sica..” Taeyeon whispered softly, sincerely “..i know I won’t be able to do this without you..”

“You can’t imagine how I go through mine without you..”

“..you don’t mind starting this from the very start?” Taeyeon asked hesitantly.

“If I could stay with you for a life time?” Jessica smiled teasingly “why not?”

Taeyeon escaped another chuckles “..so, Jessica Jung..” Taeyeon called “..are you busy tonight?”

“May I know why you asked Dr.Kim?” Jessica gave a playful smile.

“..hmm..” Taeyeon made a thinking expression when she said “..i know a place..” she added with a small smile “..i heard that they have the best wine.. and steak..”

Jessica giggled. This is childish. But sweet.

“..i love wine..” Jessica spoke “..and steak..” she added “..so, I think I would love to know if they do have as best as people are talking about..”

Taeyeon chuckled “..you won’t regret it..”

“Yeah.. make sure I won’t..” Jessica smiled sweetly “you have a lot to make up..”

Taeyeon gave a soft smile, and it’s enough to melt Jessica’s heart, running it wild, making the blonde falling all over again, when Taeyeon whispered “..i love you, Jessica Jung.. I will make it up to you for the rest of my life.. and I will love you like nobody else could..”