Love and sacrifice

Second Destiny

“..sorry..”

Sooyoung has lost count on how many times her girlfriend has been reciting the only word over and over again.

“I told you it wasn’t your fault.” Sooyoung spoke, turn to lie on the bed on her side.

Tiffany frowned “but it doesn’t make me feel less guilty.” She said, running her fingers still in between Sooyoung’s hairs, sometimes go to the cheek, and nose, lips, shoulder. Just wherever she could reach.

Sooyoung cuddled closer on her girlfriend who is lying by her side either, using one arm to prop neck, just high enough to keep watching over Sooyoung’s face every now and then, even before when Sooyoung is lying on her back or now on her side.

“It’s okay.” Sooyoung said, unfolding her arms from her chest before reaching out her hand to the top of Tiffany’s by her cheek, squeezing gently “by the way.. have you found your phone?” she asked, trying to stop the doctor from keep apologizing.

“..hmm..” Tiffany nodded, but saying after “yes, I do..”

In fact, she never lost it anyway.

And it might be better to keep it from Sooyoung, not because Tiffany doesn’t want Sooyoung to know, or afraid if the tall brunette might choose someone else over her.

But simply because she knows, that even if she didn’t tell Sooyoung. By heart, Sooyoung and Yoona have that mutual understanding that they are still madly in love with each other. And nobody could ever deny it, not even her.

Sooyoung wore a smile on her face, cuddled closer until her face ended up on Tiffany’s chest, before she wrapped her arms around Tiffany’s waist.

Tiffany smiled by Sooyoung’s gesture. She can say that Sooyoung is trying hard to develop the feeling she has for the girl.

Tiffany could tell that Sooyoung is trying her best to make her feel loved.

And Tiffany could tell if Sooyoung is trying to make their relationship worked.

And for that alone, Tiffany is grateful.

What’s harder is that when they both doesn’t know when will Sooyoung learned to put her past aside and start the new chapters with her.

By what Yoona said earlier, it was certain, Tiffany was certain that it was quite impossible for Sooyoung to put her past away when the person still lingering around her.

But Tiffany understands the feeling. That feeling of cannot reach someone she loves.

In their situation, Tiffany is thoughtful enough, and considered yet wisely aware that they are all still hurting by whatever situation they’re all into.

And out of all, it was Sooyoung’s effort, and always be Sooyoung’s efforts that touches her the most, Sooyoung’s effort on their relationship.

It has been running inside her head, Tiffany’s head.

Shouldn’t she at least know when she should give it up?

Tiffany’s heart starts to feel heavy, and broken. But she knows, she is doing the best for three of them. It was all started from two, and always should ended up with two.

Tiffany knows, that it is time.

A small smile appeared on Tiffany’s face, feeling Sooyoung cuddling in her embrace, before she rolled themselves, putting her body on top of the other woman.

Tiffany lowered herself until she could meet Sooyoung’s eyes, that pair of brown orbs that never failed to make her lost.

Sooyoung’s face easily turned red, but she was quick to wrap arms around Tiffany’s neck when Tiffany locks their lips together.

The soft kiss turned into nibbling and in no time tongues involved, turning into one hell of kiss that impossible to resist.

Running out of breath, Tiffany moves her lips to Sooyoung’s cheek, jaw before the doctor gently bites Sooyoung’s earlobe, earning soft moans.

Sooyoung could feel the smile from her girlfriend.

“..Soo.. want to make love to me?” Tiffany whispered huskily.

Sooyoung’s face reddened, stuttered “..wh-why did you ask?” she turned her head much to her embarrassment “..yo-you never ask.”

Tiffany giggled softly, pulling her face slightly with both elbows trapped Sooyoung’s head, letting their body still connected “..i just thought that you might still upset about earlier.” She spoke “so I don’t want to upset you further.”

But with her circling arms around Tiffany’s neck, Sooyoung pulled the latter closer, buried her face on Tiffany’s side façade “..i am not even upset.”

It was cute. Sooyoung is being sweet and showing a lot of affections these days, it gives Tiffany’s happiness and pain in the same time.

“So, do I get a yes?” Tiffany teased, only to feel Sooyoung’s hug tightened.

The latter must be still shy about voiced out these kinds of things.

“..Fany..” Sooyoung whined, earning another soft giggles from the other woman.

“..I love you, Sooyoung..” Tiffany said sweetly after “I want you to know. That I really do love you. that I am really in love with you.”

It reddened Sooyoung’s already flushed face that the latter couldn’t do a thing out of her embarrassment, instead she whispered “…make love to me..”

“..aw.. Sooyoung, you’re being so cute right now, that I have no idea how to deal with this.” Tiffany chuckled sweetly.

Sooyoung pouted, Tiffany’s teasing really doesn’t help to lessen her nervousness. It is not the first time they’re into this, but it was still hard for Sooyoung, when she knows Tiffany could see her all defenseless, and she is hopelessly left wondering.

And more of it, Sooyoung couldn’t help but feeling anxious to think about every flaws she has, comparing to Tiffany’s perfectness.

Tiffany doesn’t wait when she slowly moving her hand, down to Sooyoung’s chest, mischievously giving a light squeeze, knowing Sooyoung’s habit to sleep without bra, with her lips capturing Sooyoung’s moans right away.

With their lips lock in a heated kiss, battling over the lead with their tongues in between, Tiffany moves her hand lower to the hem of Sooyoung’s shirt, taking it off easily with Sooyoung lifted her body slightly, before her hand is trailing all over her girlfriend’s being, feeling Sooyoung’s warm skin.

The touches make Sooyoung’s body tensed, her breathing become short and hard. Shorter and harder the higher Tiffany’s hand crawled all over her body. Sooyoung is flustered red when she feels Tiffany’s hand on her chest, gently massaging. It was the curve on Tiffany’s lips that Sooyoung felt which make the tall brunette’s face go to the reddest it could ever go.

“..why are you so tense?” Tiffany asked softly “do I make you feel uncomfortable?”

“…No—no!” Sooyoung flustered “..I—I am just—just.. em-embarrassed..” she frowned “..I wish..i could see you now..” she whispered lowly after.

Tiffany heaved a sigh for herself before she sits on Sooyoung’s lap “then.. just feel me.” she said “I will let you touch me as much as you want..” and Sooyoung could feel the smile again “so that you will remember every parts of me..” with that, Tiffany slips her shirt off of her, grabbing both Sooyoung’s hands before she palmed them on her chest.

Making sure Sooyoung’s hand both stay there, Tiffany leaned back to capture her girlfriend’s lips.

There might not be a lot of time to do this later.

With both her hands trapped Sooyoung’s head, Tiffany nibbling Sooyoung’s lips, asking for permission which Sooyoung allowed a little while, giving pleasure for her girlfriend both with her tongue and her hands.

Their hearts are pounding harder, louder. But none of them want to stop. Not now.

Panting hard, they pulled from the kiss, Tiffany leaned her temple on Sooyoung’s.

The younger girl has her eyes closed, while Tiffany has her eyes on Sooyoung’s face, enjoying her girlfriend expression which she gives.

Tiffany wears a sad smile which obviously goes unseen by the tall brunette, but she leaned even closer, pressing her lips on Sooyoung’s, lightly before she brings it to one that again, with tongues, a lot of it.

She has decided. And she knows that it was for the best. The best for all of them.

Tiffany has her palm on Sooyoung’s tummy, making Sooyoung busy to dominate her when she slips her hand inside Sooyoung’s pants.

Sooyoung gasped, breath hitched, before it running short and fast.

Never once Tiffany has her eyes closed. Not tonight when all she wants is to keep the sight of her girlfriend in her embrace for ever.

Tiffany slid her lips on Sooyoung’s jaw while the latter still trying to catch her breath.

“..fany..” Sooyoung whispered, comes out hazier than how she expected to, before running her hand on Tiffany’s nape, deepened the kiss.

“..should we stay up late tonight?” Tiffany asked softly, having Sooyoung’s pants already ed, and hand already inside Sooyoung’s , it was evident from the gasps Sooyoung escapes ever here and now.

“..do-don’t—ahh.. fany..”

“Hmm?” Tiffany hummed, doesn’t bother to stop from whatever she does down there.

“..do-don’t you--..ha-have to—to come early to the hospital tomorrow?”

“..don’t worry about that..” Tiffany spoke, planting a kiss on Sooyoung’s temple “just focused on us.” She said softly “Sooyoung, tonight.. let’s make a beautiful memories, can we?”

Sooyoung could sense uneasiness though Tiffany’s voice “..fany--..”

But before Sooyoung could throw another question, Tiffany captured her lips, nibbling her lip till she forget where their conversation was.

If only Sooyoung could see..

Maybe she could go though Tiffany’s eyes and realizing what has been running inside the doctor’s head.

If only Sooyoung could see..

That for the first time in her life, Tiffany wished that one night should not have to end so quickly..

Or better, never end at last..

-----

 

Sooyoung woke up later than usual that morning. Stretching he long arms open wide, Sooyoung feels the emptiness by her side.

This was not the first time she woke up after Tiffany’s leaving.

The doctor usually has early schedules, which resulting Sooyoung to wake up by the appearance of Yoona or once in a while Taeyeon’s visits, even if Sooyoung still prefer to wake up by morning kisses.

A smile made its way on Sooyoung’s face, pulling the cover up to her chest before she realized that it was pointless to do so since nobody is here, yet.

Sliding her legs out from the blanket, Sooyoung’s foot hit the cold tiles before she took her clothes which place just by the small buffet beside her bed, must be Tiffany, because as long as she remembered, she had all of it scattered on the floor last night.

Having her clothes all on, Sooyoung’s hand is reaching out, trying to find the recorder Tiffany’s bought for her.

It was the first thing Tiffany gave her, the way they left messages, sweet words, and I love you words.

Sooyoung smiled, bringing the recorder right on her ear, before she pressed the play button which she pretty much already used to.

“..Sooyoung..” the voice sound so sweet and loving, not the usual cheerful and loud of her girlfriend “..by the time you hear this..” it says “I was already somewhere far, far where you couldn’t reach me…”

Sooyoung’s smile gradually disappeared “.. I know it was wrong to leave like this.. but trust me, it was the best for all of us..”

Unconsciously, Sooyoung’s grip tightened, not again.. it was all inside her mind..

I was so happy.. so, so happy when I am with you..” Tiffany’s voiced echoed through the room “so happy that I thought everything were just a dream…”

“Sooyoung.. you’re the best things that ever happened in my life, and for that alone, I am grateful.” Tiffany spoke gently “my life seems perfect, and for that, I wish we last forever..”

There was a pause, a pause which indicated that Tiffany had struggle with her tears.

..but it would be a lie if I told you that I am not hurt about our relationship either..” Tiffany’s voice sounded so sad and broken.

It was honestly breaking.

..it hurts.. you.. her..” Tiffany paused a beat “..me..”

“..and I know, it’s time to wake up..”

Sooyoung’s eyes turns glassy, blinked once, and tears start to flow.

Let’s be honest, babe..” Tiffany was trying to make Sooyoung’s feel the smile behind her voice “..you love her, aren’t you?” she spoke softly “..and you still are..”

“What kind of girlfriend would I make.. if I failed to realized it then?”

“I love you, Sooyoung.. but love shouldn’t mean only to hurt..” Tiffany voiced carefully “..love means to forgive, isn’t it?”

You need her, and that’s why you let her stay by your side.. you want her, and that’s why you keep her close to you..” Tiffany softly spoke “and Sooyoung.. you love her.. and that’s why you can’t keep yourself away from her..”

“Because even from the start, you already belonged to her.. now that you still are.. and later you still will..”

“..we both know how to be happy without hurting one another.. and we could live without hurting other person..” Tiffany said “and so, if we do, why don’t we live that way?”

“..it might hurt now.. it might hurt for a while.. it might hurt worse than we thought..” Tiffany said again “but then.. in the end.. we all will know.. that this is the best we could decided.. best for all of us..”

There was another pause before the voice heard once again.

“..Sooyoung, this is not a farewell..” Tiffany spoke gently “we will me again..” she said “and when we do..” she paused, a smile delivered though her sweet loving voice “..we all are going be happy..” she whispered “we are will..”

-----

 

Tiffany is sitting on her seat, getting bored that she picked a random magazine from the pouch by the seat in front of her, laying it on her lap, and start flipping page by page mindlessly.

She has patience, but this is getting a little too long.

Just who the hell this person who was late.

Please excuse us for the inconvenient..” the stewardess spoke though the speaker, and just in the same time, a tall slender woman is standing right by Tiffany’s side.

“..excuse me..”

Tiffany was about to grumble by this person unwell-mannered and making the whole flight delayed by almost half an hour, that she lifted her head “miss, what—what the hell?” Tiffany mumbled by the sight of familiar woman.

And the tall woman just absentmindedly walking though the space in between Tiffany and the seat in front of the psychiatrist, sitting comfortably before turned to face the surprised woman in a grin.

“If you thought that I will let you away that easily.” That smirked come so confident “think again.”

Tiffany scoffed in disbelief “..what the hell are you doing here?” Tiffany asked, before she called her bestfriend like she was calling a ten years old “..Kwon Yuri.”

“What do you think?” the so called woman put off her sunglasses, taking a random magazine from the pouch by the seat in front of her.

“..stalking?” Tiffany’s brows furrowed.

“Hmm.” The tall doctor played along “try again.”

“Yul!”

“What?” Yuri asked in the mix of amusement and disbelief “you’re allowed to take a vacation and I am not?”

“For your information.” Tiffany spoke “I am going to Japan to volunteering in a charity project.”

“Great!” Yuri exclaimed in excitement “good to know that we’re in the same boat.”

“Hey! You just said something about vacation.” Tiffany’s brows creased, but doesn’t seem annoyed about the tall doctor’s presence.

But Yuri meets the questioning eyes of the petite brunette when she answered with such innocence “did I?”

“Yul!”

“What!” Yuri tried to suppress her tone, it would be rude to disturb other passengers “you’re not the only one with kind heart!” the childish doctor complained.

“And what are you going to do there exactly?”

“Hey! I am a pediatric, remember?” Yuri argued.

Tiffany opened , but find herself swallowed back her words. It was no use to bicker with a ten years old bestfriend of hers.

Instead, Tiffany heaved a sigh, leaning her back on her seat, eyes closed.

Tiffany was speechless to find out Yuri is here with her. Should she take a wild guess for the reason the tall doctor might be had to be here?

But it was sweet, and Tiffany is touched. It touched right to her heart.

Yuri’s eyes never leave Tiffany’s face, reaching out her hand, she spoke quietly “wanna hold my hand?”

Tiffany’s narrowed her gaze, chuckled “I am not afraid of flying.”

“I do.” Yuri answered almost immediately.

Tiffany thought it was childish. The little white lie. But sweet yet again.

Tiffany glanced over the open palm of the tall woman before she nonetheless reaching out hers, holding the said woman’s hand who scared of flying.

“..how did you know that I was here?” Tiffany asked while the plane takes time to take off.

Yuri’s frowned “you’ve known me since what—years? And you still have no clue of what my charm can do?”

Tiffany faked a disgusted expression “how could I am still not get used to this?” she mumbled to herself.

Yuri escaped soft chuckled and later followed by the brunette.

“..is it hurt?” Yuri asked softly.

She doesn’t even need to ask about the sudden decision Tiffany took to go to Japan for what called a charity works.

The question got them both silent before Yuri got her answer.

“It is.” Tiffany answered honestly, eyes falling to the seat in front of her, before she turned to meet Yuri’s with a smile “but it will heal.”

“..then..” Yuri voiced softly “..can I at least help to heal you?”

Tiffany is staring at her bestfriend, giving playful smile when she spoke “..why? because you’re a doc--..”

“Because I am in love you.” Yuri cut.

It was so sudden.

Tiffany went wordless. She was not supposed to give another teasing smile to the serious expression her bestfriend gives, wasn’t she?

“Don’t tell me you never once be aware of my feelings for you.” Yuri spoke gently, her thumb brushing to the back of Tiffany’s palm.

“Yul--..”

“I might not be perfect.” Yuri cut once again “and I might be still learning to be a better person than I was.” She said “but if there is something I have never been doubting about.” She added “it is you, Tiffany Hwang. It is that I am madly in love with you.”

Tiffany is touched with the latter’s sincerity.

“You might not ready yet.” Yuri smiled “but I can wait.” She said “I will wait until you’re healed, and ready to fall in love once again.” She continued “I will be there, and always be by your side, so that one day..” Yuri spoke softly “when you’re ready to fall in love,” she said with a sweet playful smile “I am first in line.”

Tiffany chuckled “..thank you..” she said softly.

Yuri smiled sweetly, lifting their holding hands before she pressed her lips on the back of Tiffany’s palm “..you won’t regret this..” she said “I will love you like nobody else..”

“Stop with the sweet talk.” Tiffany giggled, but she is enjoying it, so much “if I found you doing this with someone else.” She said, giving a threatening look “you’re so dead!”

“Ah, you’re already showing jealousy?” Yuri teased “that one step closer for me..”

“Yah!”

“We should put past things aside, and start with ours, shouldn’t we?” Yuri asked, gently after the heartily laughed.

“..yeah.. we will..” Tiffany responded softly “besides, I have leaving her in a good care.” Tiffany glanced on the not so curious woman.

Yuri frowned “it was too easy to guess.”

Tiffany giggled “..yeah, I guess it was.”