Touch the heart

Second Destiny

The hospital, as usual busy with the patient, from the smallest injuries to the heavier one, and it never failed to get the nurses and doctor into their job.

But really, maybe except one of this doctor who could always find some time to have fun for herself..

Or maybe more than just fun for her..

 

“..so, how busy are you there to skip lunch, Dr.Hwang?”

Tiffany doesn’t even bothered by the question, a question with the familiar fake dinosaur voice.

“Busy.. so, so busy..” she replied, eyes still glued on her paper work.

“I haven’t got my meat either..” the tall fake dinosaur groaned as she took a seat in front of the chair “wanna have a bite with me?” she asked “we can hunt some deer or rhinos..”

And with that, Tiffany giggled as she lifted her face to meet the childish doctor, arms folded on the table “and how many times do I need to tell you that I am not a five year old, Dr.Kwon?”

“I am hungry.” The tall doctor said dramatically “really, really hungry..”

“Then, do have your lunch…”

“I can’t eat alone..” she protested, faking a pout as she still talks in her dinosaur voice “we usually go hunting together..”

“Huh?” Tiffany’s brows furrowed “I thought T-rex goes hunting by itself?”

“Uhuh..” the long haired doctor shook her head playfully “today I am an Allosaurus..” she grinned “we go hunting together..”

Tiffany doesn’t say a word and all the tall dark skinned doctor could see is that curious eyes on the beautiful face.

“Well, still T-rex’s brother, but a little bit smaller..” the other doctor shrugged, randomly explained.

Tiffany laughed “you’re a really, really bad teacher, Yul..”

“Which is why, I am being a doctor instead..” she grinned.

“I still have some works to do..” Tiffany said.

“I can wait.”

“It might still take some time.”

“I am not in a hurry.”

Tiffany’s left brow raised as she asked “I thought you just said that you’re really, really hungry..”

“How could I manage to finish a rhino by myself?” and again, the tall doctor got into her play.

“You should give me a better excuse..” Tiffany giggled, making the other one pouted.

“It’s not my fault if most of my patient are under 15..” Yuri, the dark haired doctor said “then.. how about a lunch date with me?” she asked, showing a stalk of red rose out of nowhere.

And once again, Tiffany bursted out laughing “where the hell you get this one?”

“I’m a magician by blood..” Yuri said, giving a smile when Tiffany reached out the red rose.

“Yeah..” Tiffany glanced her office’s door which is slightly opened “you shouldn’t give me something your patient gave you to..” she added, having a sight of a nurse passed by with some bags which Tiffany’s figured out to be presents and one bouquet of red roses which is similar with the one in her hand.

Yuri groaned “why Eunji needed to pass by now?”

Tiffany laughed upon the childish doctor’s remark. She is even sure that the doctor’s behavior was not that far childish from her own patient, maybe even there are some who are more mature than her.

“Why don’t you ask her for your meat hunting then?”

“She already took her lunch..”

“So, I am your last option?”

“Or maybe because I’ve been starving myself to have an excuse to have lunch with you..” Yuri continued.

“Seriously..” Tiffany laughed “I can really tell why your patients love you..”

“I have charm..” Yuri joked.

Tiffany giggled before it turned into a soft smile, and Yuri knows what comes after that “..it was a really nice offer..” Tiffany said “but I need to finish this so soon..” she added “maybe next time?”

Yuri heaved a sighed, obviously disappointed. There was a short pause before she spoke “..you need to finish that soon because you want to get home as soon as possible, aren’t you?” she asked, of course pretty much aware of her bestfriend’s routine in this past two weeks.

Tiffany doesn’t say a word, staring into the other doctor’s eyes. They both knew the answer.

“She has her girlfriend--..”

“Ex..” Tiffany swiftly cut “she was..”

“Who is definitely going to take a good care of her..”

“Which is why I need to go home even sooner..” Tiffany said.

“Doesn’t mean you need to skip lunch..” Yuri sighed “just because you care for her more than yourself..” Yuri spoke as she stood up from her seat “doesn’t mean that someone doesn’t care for you more than themselves..” she ended, taking her steps out from the room.

Tiffany has her eyes glued on her bestfriend’s back, someone she knows long enough to share her problem with, someone who never failed to lighten her mood.

Yuri is always there for her. And just because her heart owned by someone, it doesn’t mean that she can’t spare it for her bestfriend like how it used to be.

It might have been touched Tiffany’s heart that she called her bestfriend softly “..Yul..”

Yuri turned, tilting her head slightly, doesn’t even seem mad, just clearly disappoint.

“..how about beef? I’m more into beef..”

A smile makes its way on Yuri’s face as Tiffany walked closer to her “..hmm.. I don’t eat cute animals..” she said in their way walking side by side on the corridor.

Tiffany’s left brow raised “says someone who wants to eat deer..”

“You thought deer was cute?” Yuri faked a surprised look.

“And you thought cow was cute!”

Yuri giggled “they’re cute..”

“You still eat them anyway..” Tiffany giggled.

“Maybe once in a while we need to eat rhinos..”

It turned Tiffany’s giggled into loud laugh “seriously Yul!!”

It might be a short time for lunch, but sure that they both are having fun.

But maybe for someone, it might involve more than fun.

-----

 

“So, what do you want to do today?” Yoona asked, staring at the obvious bored brunette by the couch.

“I don’t know..” the latter answered “I don’t have that much options, do I?”

“How about reading books?”

“Again?” the tall brunette has that doubtful expression on her face.

“I can continue reading from yesterday’s book..” Yoona said softly.

“It’s been almost two weeks.” The other woman said “don’t tell me that you don’t realize about me falling asleep in almost half of the time between our reading time..”

Yoona glowed into a smile, obviously flooding in happiness.

This woman she loves just never lost her sense of humor, and she is glad that even if there is still this visible line in between them, the tall brunette never once bring what happened in between them anymore.

And Yoona even need to bit her lip before her smile reached her ears.

Did Sooyoung just say our?

So now she has something with Sooyoung again?

Something that is worth to put her hopes high?

Something that is enough to tell her that she is going somewhere? They are?

Something that at least can cure her from the pain by watching someone else hug her woman freely?

“How about another book?” Yoona suggested.

“I just find out that I am getting bored easily..” Sooyoung spoke, indirectly rejecting Yoona’s offer.

“Listen to music?”

Sooyoung always listen to music when she works. She used to listen to her favorite songs a lot while working.

Yoona who seems to realized Sooyoung’s changed of expression by her words quickly added “or we can--..”

“Okay..” Sooyoung cut “let’s just listen to music..”

Yoona stood from the couch, before she walked to Sooyoung’s room, taking the brunette’s Ipod, and setting it in the speaker in the living room before she made her way back by Sooyoung’s side.

The first song starts to play, and it was a ballad.

Of course Yoona knows that more than half of Sooyoung’s Ipod will filled with ballad. She knew it too well that she is enjoying it as much as Sooyoung’s does. They’re just the fans of ballad.

It was from Korean’s songs to western’s songs, and almost all of them are ballads.

The songs are what filled the silent in the room, and none of them seem to aware of their surrounding anymore. The songs are what that take them away from the world, into a new one, with just words and melody.

Unconsciously Yoona leaned her head on Sooyoung’s shoulder, arms hugging Sooyoung’s left arm, tight as they closed their eyes, enjoying the next.

And it’s either the song, or she is being too comfortable, that Sooyoung seems to unaware about the hug.

It was when this song came.

 

I can't sleep,
everything I ever knew,
Is a lie,
without you,

 

The so familiar song, memories of them.

“That’s our song..” Yoona spoke softly, pulling from the hug.

Reminding them about their fights, small one to the big ones, but they can always ended up on bed, sleeping next to each other in each other’s embrace, warm and safe.

 

I can't breathe,
when my heart is broke in two,
There's no beat,
without you,

 

It was the song that never failed to voice out their feelings, their heart, their love for each other.

Just like now.

 

You're not gone,
but you're not here,
At least that's the way it seems tonight,
If we could try to end these wars,
I know that we can make it right,
cause baby,

 

And Yoona missed that.. how they always can ended up making up for their fights.

Every fights.

Just what makes this one different?

 

I don't wanna fight no more,
I forgot what we were fighting for,
and this loneliness that's in my heart,
won't let me be apart from you,


I don't wanna have to try,
Girl, to live without you in my life,
So, i'm hoping we can start tonight,
cause i don't wanna fight,
no more,

 

This time is sure different.

They’re not together anymore.

“..but it won’t be stay like this longer..” is what run inside Yoona’s mind.

And there are something that will be never changed.

“Wanna have a dance?” Yoona asked softly as she pulled slightly from the hug.

But Sooyoung said nothing. Doubt is what written over her face.

“We can just close our eyes, and just feel each other presence..” Yoona coaxing softly, reading though that expression.

“I will make sure we won’t fall..” Yoona said “…at least not when we don’t fall for each other..” it was running all over Yoona’s mind.



How can I leave,
when everything that I adore,
and everything I'm living for,
Girl, it's in you,

I can't dream,
sleepless nights have got me bad,
The only dream i ever had,
is being with you,

I know that we can make it right,
It's gonna take a little time,
Lets not leave ourselves with no way out,
lets not cross that line,(that line)


It was a song that can clearly voiced out their heart.. just the right one, really in the right time..

Is it a sign from heaven that they belong to each other?

Yoona waste no second as she hold Sooyoung’s hand, asking the latter stood up silently, walking to the spacious spot as she hold the tall brunette close, close to her heart.

Without waiting for any reply from Sooyoung, Yoona took Sooyoung’s arms, circling them around her waist before she could do the same for hers on Sooyoung’s neck.

It was already so close that they can hear their heartbeat in between the song, but Yoona pulled them closer, closer till their temple meet each other, tightened her arms around Sooyoung’s neck, enough to let the tip of their nose in touch.

 

I don't wanna fight no more,
I forgot what we were fighting for,
and this lonelyness that's in my heart,
won't let me be apart from you,

I don't wanna have to try,
Girl, to live without you in my life,
So, i'm hoping we can start tonight,
cause i don't wanna fight,
no more,

Remember that i made a vow,
that i would never let you go,
I meant it then, I mean it now,
and i want to tell you so,

 

It was just second before they move along with the song, leaning at each other as they’re too tired to stand on their own. They do.

Yoona might break her promise about closing her eyes, because it’s not even a minute when she opened hers, staring into Sooyoung closed ones, before her stare going down, down to the lips she misses so much..

 

I don't wanna fight no more, (oh no)
I forgot what we were fighting for,
and this lonelyness that's in my heart,
won't let me be apart from you,

I don't wanna have to try,
Girl, to live without you in my life,
So, i'm hoping we can start tonight,
(can we start)
cause i don't wanna fight,
no more...

 

 

Staying by Sooyoung’s side in these past two week is torturingly sweet.

Sweet because she is able to spend more time with Sooyoung, trying to earn the latter’s trust, and torturing because she is dying inside, holding herself from something she knows that she is not allowed to do. Just not yet.

It took all of her, every little restrain that left.. as she leaned closer and closer.

Yoona swore, she is already beyond her limit, and she holds her breath hard, but Sooyoung’s warm breaths are making it so damn hard. Really, really hard.

Sooyoung is definitely unaware of that little tiny gap that left in between them, completely unaware.

 

I don't wanna fight no more,
I forgot what we were fighting for, (oh yeah)
and this lonelyness that's in my heart,
(my heart)
won't let me be apart from you,

I don't wanna have to try,
Girl, to live without you in my life,
So, i'm hoping we can start tonight,
(I'm hoping)
cause i don't wanna fight,
no more.......

It's all a lie,
Without you,
without you......

 

It was just then Yoona finally giving up, with how she closed the gap in between them..

As her lips meet that pair of whose she always loves to kiss..

As slowly and gently her lips are melting on Sooyoung’s..

She is kissing Sooyoung..

 

 

a/n: (I Don't Wanna Fight No More – Westlife)

by the way.. just asking.. would you like a mature Soona’s story? :D