Nobody in between

Second Destiny

It’s been exactly 8 months since Mrs.Im had her big fight with her only daughter. And the exact same time she is trying to find a way to separate her daughter with who her daughter calls the love of her life.

Actually, it’s not money, because Mrs.Im knows, the tall brunette can afford more than just a living.. hell, living in a expensive apartment, car, and working in one of the big fashion company in Seoul.. wealth definitely not the problem.

It’s just Mrs.Im is a public figure.. Kwon Hejin was a singer.. a great singer back then where everyone can fall in love just by listening to her voice..

There was once when her face will appear in the magazine and TV, days, weeks, months..

There was once where everyone know her, young and old.. men and woman.. just everyone..

There was once where she could reach everything.. where she could be with anyone she wants.. where she could do anything she wants..

There was once she is trouble.. that she could do whatever she liked and care at nothing,,

There was once.. where she was everyone dreams to be..

And it was there when she finds love..

Someone who was despite all the bad things she was doing, and people know about, there is one who  never took a damn at..

Working as a producer in the agency Hejin work, Im Minho.. the only wan who could take her heart away..

A year after was when they got into entertainment business in agency world.. looking out for new young singers.. and get them to the world full of fame, money, and power..

It was after three years, they married.. and right after a year and half, Im Yoona.. their only daughter born..

 

Yoona is loved.. by anyone, especially her parents.. and so, just like how Hejin’s mother taking care of her, that’s how she took care of Yoona..

And as time passed.. they spoiled the young girl.. and out of all person in these world.. Im Hejin should know the best, how it feels to see herself in her daughter..

Because for sure, she saw it greatly.. as how she was watching their young girl grew up, she saw herself.. it felt like she just see her reflection on mirror..

It’s her..

And just like that, both Mr.Im and Mrs.Im, with love as excuse, letting everything Yoona did just like nothing happened.. they covered everything just fine.. scolding their daughter enough.. but never enough to make the spoiled girl stopped causing troubles around..

 

But there is someone do..

Someone who doesn’t need words to stop Yoona messing around..

Someone who doesn’t need scolding to stop Yoona causing troubles..

Someone who is enough..

 

But it’s would be better if it’s someone who won’t ruin their public image..

A fine man? A young businessman? A painter? An actor?

No.. it’s a designer.. a young woman with talent and hardwork..

Someone who is by Mrs.Im perspective will not become the perfect person for her daughter.. her only daughter she loves..

And for Mrs.Im, it’s not enough..

More of it, Mrs.Im has an image to maintain.. for her years in entertainment industry..

And she can’t let her daughter go out with all these news, that will obviously ruin them..

That’s why.. no matter how hard it is, she needs to break them.. she needs to end that relationship..

 

“..why you haven’t sleep?” Mr.Im sit across her wife, in the study room.

“..i still have work to do..” startled, Mrs.Im answered.

“Take a rest..” Mr.Im said softly “I don’t want you to get sick..” he said, giving a warm smile.

“I will..” Mrs.Im said, mirroring the smile as she turns off her laptop.

Watching his wife, Mr.Im spoke “..you look awfully disturbed these past months..”

“Hmm?”

“Hejin..” Mr.Im called “let them be..”

“You know I can’t do that..” Mrs.Im said coldly.

Mr.Im sighed “now, I know where Yoona has her stubbornness..” the tall man spoke quietly “..they’re happy, Hejin…” he said “I even already forgot where the last time I saw out little girl that happy..”

“She can be happy with anyone..”

“She tried..” Mr.Im said “we both know that…”

“She can keep tr-..”

“But never once she reach this..” Mr.Im cut “never once she stayed this long.. and never once..” Mr.Im pointed “she gets way beyond happy..”

“…it’s a woman..” Mrs.Im mumbled.

“And what’s wrong with that?” Mr.Im asked softly.

“Minho, it’s totally wrong!!” Mrs.Im said “what if our career fall down just because public can’t accept this?”

“We can start a new business..” Mr.Im answered calmly.

“Giving up our almost 20 years hardwork!?”

“It doesn’t matter.. I will still have you.. we will still stay together..”

“And what will people say about this?!”

“They’re sweet, loving, adorable..” He said, giving a small smile to answer his wife’s furious question.

“No, Minho! People won’t see it that way!”

“But what’s matter is how we see it..” he said “right hon? All Yoona needs is our support..”

“Yoona will got curses, hatred, and all of that!! and how will she took care of it?!”

“We will be there.. we’re going to be there, we will always be..” Mr.Im sad “so does Sooyoung..”

“What if she leaves?”

“Sooyoung? Why do you think so?”

“What if it’s not love? What if both of them confused?”

“Hon..” Mr.Im called softly “they can’t break their gaze just for second.. they won’t stop holding hand.. all that cheesy lines and stuffs.. all that feeding and sweet smiles..” Mr.Im listed “and I believe there must be still a way lot more, which we have no idea for.. or we pretended we don’t have any idea for..” Mr.Im grinned “do you think it’s not love?”

“What if they can’t take it? what people say?”

“They will..” Mr.Im said “they love each other..”

But Mrs.Im gave a doubtful expression.

“Let them be..” Mr.Im spoke softly “they love each other, hejin.. they’re happy..” he said “and Yoona is an adult.. let her decide her own life..” he added “it’s time to let her go and maybe we should consider her choice..”

“Maybe we should give them time.. and support..” Mr.Im smiled.

Mrs.Im is not answering, nor giving any sign. She is avoiding her husband’s loving stare.

“Tell me what you think..” Mr.Im coaxed softly.

“..i’m thinking nothing..”

“We’ve been married for more than 20 years already, Hejin..” Mr.Im said “you’re thinking something..”

“..i still have doubts..”

“I know you care about Yoona.. I know you love her.. and I know you want the best for her..” Mr.Im said “maybe you can start by sparing her some time and chance to decide her own future..” he added “because this is what she is going to live forever with..”

“That’s why she can’t take a wrong decision..”

“She need to learn how to be responsible for her own choice..” Mr.Im said “let her be..”

Mrs.Im sighed, but saying nothing.

Mr.Im eyed her wife carefully before he spoke “…I had a business trip for a week..”

“Hmm?”

“I delayed this too much already that I need to finish this soon..” he added “it’s one of the company that work with ours..”

“..okay..”

“It’s not that I don’t believe you, Hejin..” Mr.Im said “but I know you’re up to something…” he added “I just wish you won’t do anything reckless and ruining what our daughter has right now..”

And Mrs.Im said nothing .

It’s been 8 months, exactly since their dinner with their daughter’s lover, mr.Im has keep an eye on her wife. It’s not that he doesn’t trust his wife, but he knows what will happen if he let this out from his sight.

But it’s just come a time where Mr.Im can’t avoid a certain things.. and it worried him quite a lot..

Because all this time, he is the one who is there in between the two important women on his life, preventing from something bad to happen.. preventing from anything stupid which can ruin what’s supposed to stay in whole..

“..you should have more faith in me..”

“I do..” Mr.Im answered immediately “..but not this one..” he said “because I know you, Hejin.. I know you too much.. scarily too much..” he smiled weakly “..which enough to tell me, this time.. just like how every time you covered Yoona’s mess.. just like how you cleaned everything by your own way.. I know this time, you won’t stay still..”

“..they’re happy, Hejin.. so much happy..”

And there again his wife’s silence which he knows what hiding behind..

“..please..” Mr.Im said “..just for a week, because I am not here to tell you which is right and which is wrong..” he added “..do nothing.. just a week..”

“..Hejin..” Mr.Im called to get a little response. But it’s just not the answer he wants when the lady, the woman he loves answered.

“..i will try.. but I can’t promise anything..”