Another step

Second Destiny

Sooyoung was definitely surprised.

Anyone really could tell by the way Sooyoung’s eyes widened and her body stiffened.

But Yoona has been lost, and she is still lost to that sweet memories of them, it might started from the song, to the hug, the dance, and to that familiar sweet lips.

Yoona tightened the hug, while her lips still nibbling to Sooyoung’s lower lip, with her tongue trying to find a way in.

And in between their struggling, Sooyoung tried to step back, but Yoona is too stubborn to let go. In the end, while Sooyoung is trying to distance themselves, Yoona is trying to do otherwise, before Sooyoung’s feet tangled with Yoona’s in the way, causing them to fall on the couch, with one on top of the others, and it was Yoona, on the top.

It was between their heavy breaths, Yoona pushed deeper, deep enough to let Sooyoung crumbled upon her walls.

She is kissing back.

Having Sooyoung by her side but not being able to do anything was sure the most torturing things that Yoona has ever experienced, and now that she has a chance, one that she is sure could reducing the distance between them.. there is no way that Yoona is holding back.. no way..

And it was not helping when Yoona knows that Sooyoung wants her as much as she wants the latter.

It was Sooyoung’s self-defense that railed her around, enough to let nobody crossed and healed that broken heart.

But Yoona is here, to fix things that she messed, to heal heart that she broke, and to claim what once was hers.

But the only problem is.. Sooyoung didn’t let her to..

Don’t talk about healing when Sooyoung doesn’t even let the latter to come in back into her life..

And how could Yoona claimed what once was hers when Sooyoung makes it clear that they’re over? Yoona did, once in the past, and it was sure not Sooyoung’s fault when all she is doing that making it perfectly clear..

 

And what happened now was obviously never even crossed their mind.

Not that the image of them holding each other and doing whatever they’re doing now never crossed Yoona’s mind.. but it’s not like Yoona has planned all of this to happen way before she came today..

So is it her fault that things happened this way?

They were out of breath when Yoona trailed her lips lower.

No.. there is no way that Yoona stopped when they’re going this far.

There is no way Yoona could come to sleep tonight without finish whatever they started today..

And there is no way that Yoona would ever stop when Sooyoung starts to open up..

By now, as Yoona trailed her lips lower to Sooyoung’s neck, she could clearly feel the woman’s nerve beneath her pulsating over her lips, so clear that Yoona wants this to come to no end, so much..

Sooyoung’s chest heaved hard, ups and downs, and ups, and downs in rigid short breaths. Her eyes closed, trying to fill her lungs desperately, trying to work her blank mind about what’s going on.

 

And if that is one thing that Yoona might regretted to ever do..

It should be when her hand slipped inside Sooyoung’s shirt, caressing Sooyoung’s bare tummy, a thing that in the past was something she would always has a right to do. But not now.

Not when it was clearly the reason that something inside Sooyoung’s mind clicked.

“..No—no..” Sooyoung whispered, trying to push the woman from top of her.

But that soft whisper might not enough to get Yoona into her conscious, as the latter’s lips are still wandering around Sooyoung’s neck.

It was when Yoona’s hand slipped under what more than Sooyoung’s shirt, definitely going more that what Sooyoung’s mind could takes anymore.

“…Noo!!” Sooyoung swiftly sit on the couch, accidentally getting the other woman fell on the floor.

“No!! no..” Sooyoung spoke in between her heavy breaths, her eyes lost to every inch of the room, none of it comes to her sight, but it was evident that she was panic, scared, and devastated.

Sooyoung stood up from the couch, sloppily walking from the room, seem like she wants to walk to her own bedroom. But her condition right now makes it pretty hard to even reach the door, especially when her mind is in a mess.. a really complete big mess..

Sooyoung was carelessly bumping here and there, but she couldn’t even feel where she stands that frustrated her even more.

“Soo..” Yoona called softly, reaching Sooyoung’s arm, but the tall brunette was quick to shrug it off.

It hurts Yoona.

“..li-listen to me..”

“No.. no—no, we shouldn’t.. we—we..”

“Sooyoung, please..” Yoona begged, trying to grab Sooyoung’s arm again, but once again, failed miserably.

“I—I don’t want to listen to anything!! Thi-this shouldn’t happen!!” Sooyoung cried, falling sit when she bumped the couch, her legs bended on her chest, her arms wrapped around her legs, her face buried on her knees.

It hurt Yoona to see that Sooyoung got so miserable from the kiss they shared.

But it hurt her even more because she knows that they want each other but she was that one who makes Sooyoung keeps running away from the truth. The truth that they’re still in love with each other.

Yoona slowly sits by Sooyoung’s side, she could hears small sobs from the tall woman.

“Soo..” Yoona called softly “..sorry..” she whispered, almost inaudible, but making sure the taller brunette got to hear.

And that’s what hurt the most.. apologizing for showing how much she loves the latter..

Yoona’s voice cracked as she mumbled softly “..i’m.. re-really sorry..”

“..ple-please leave me alone..” Sooyoung whispered, face buried on her knees.

“No..” Yoona answered swiftly “how could I left you like this..” she said, trying to assure the tall woman “not now, not like this, please..”

But Sooyoung whispered it over, and over again “..ple-please.. leave me alone..”

“Soo--..”

“I’ll be okay..” Sooyoung cut “I—I just want to be alone..”

“How could I trust that?” Yoona sure not buying that lies “because you’re already not okay..” she spoke “..and the last time I left you like this..” she whispered as her eyes welled in tears “..i’ve done something that I regretted the most in my life..”

“..please.. leave..” but all Sooyoung needs is to be alone.

It was definitely not a good idea to left Sooyoung alone, not now.

“..fine..” Yoona finally whispered “..but.. but I am going to call her..” she added softly, hiding the fact that she was indeed dying by whatever she just said.

“..I will leave until I make sure that you’re not alone..” Yoona added, stood up from the couch, leaning to give a kiss on Sooyoung’s top of head, before she walked to the other side of couch to reach her phone.

-----

 

There were a lot of things that running inside Sooyoung’s mind. Things, like should she told this woman who has been accompanying her about what happened today?

Tiffany hasn’t asked anything, about the sudden call from Yoona, about why Yoona asked her to hurry back home, why Yoona had not said a word before she left, or why Sooyoung was hardly saying a word after she got home.

It was harder for Sooyoung because she knows that Tiffany is doing her best to do whatever she can to lighten her mood or trying to make her laugh.

“..so..” Tiffany grinned, scooted neat to the tall woman who is sitting on the couch “do you want to do something?” she asked, facing the quiet brunette, one legs bended on the couch, while her arms reached out behind Sooyoung on the couch “like something fun?” she asked with an obvious naughty smile.

Sooyoung chuckled before she turned, her eyes might can’t see, but she learns a lot for these past weeks, knowing exactly what Tiffany means, and she learns a lot about how to ensure herself with that as she reached out her arms, gently running her hand on Tiffany’s cheeks, feeling that naughty smile that she wishes to have in sight.

“..are you trying to feel me again?” Tiffany teased, making the younger woman giggled, so adorably that Tiffany leaned to peck that lips.

“Can I?”

Tiffany’s left brow raised, but keeping that sweet naughty smile on her face. Sooyoung doesn’t usually flirting back, but yeah when she does, she knows exactly what to say “..then.. should we go to your room? We can do so much more there..”

Sooyoung escaped another giggled as she said “should we?”

Tiffany’s brows narrowed, obviously enjoying this, not that they’ve gone far, kissing and hugging, or maybe making out once in a while, but none of them ready to talk about title, so currently, they have none about that.

“..you do know what happen with me when you started flirting back, aren’t you?”

And instead of answering, Sooyoung slid her arms around Tiffany’s neck, pulling them closer, giving another chuckle when she whispered “..what? would you like to tell me?”

It was a sudden silent from Tiffany, that enough to make the tall woman pulled from the hug, pretty much worried if she said something wrong, but all Tiffany is doing is staring right into Sooyoung’s eyes, while the one is obviously lost.

“..Tiff?” Sooyoung called, worried fill her question “..so—sorry.. did i--..”

Tiffany stood up from the couch, reaching Sooyoung’s hand, locking their finger tight as she doesn’t let the brunette to finish “we’re going to you room..”

 

Since there is just one bedroom in Sooyoung’s apartment, she definitely asked the woman who is kindly offer to take care of her to sleep with her, in the same bed.

“..se-seriously..” Tiffany’s breathed heaved “one day.. I am hell sure that I am going to lost it..” she mumbled, panting hard from the kisses they shares, and touching, so much touching “you do know that, don’t you?”

Sooyoung snuggled closer, tightened her arms around Tiffany’s waist, face buried on the clearly ed clothes of the doctor where she could feel Tiffany’s chest heaved ups and downs hard, listen to that rapid heartbeats, or to the short heavy breaths. Not that she is far better that Tiffany anyway.

“..Sooyoung?” Tiffany called softly, after not response from the tall brunette, not before they’re making out.

“..you didn’t ask..”

Tiffany’s brows furrowed, loosened her arms around Sooyoung’s neck “asking what?” she asked, trying to have a sight of Sooyoung’s face.

“..about what happened today..”

Tiffany sighed, falling silent before she voiced “..you will tell me if you want to.. and not telling me if you’re not comfortable about that..” she said “I am not someone who can force--..”

“We kissed..” Sooyoung cut, swallowing, nervous. She is not going to lie, nor hiding things from this kind and sweet woman. But what’s killing her that Sooyoung can’t even see how Tiffany takes it.

“..bu-but.. i—I promise, it won’t happen again!!” Sooyoung swiftly cut when Tiffany said nothing, yet “..so-sorry Tiff, i—i-..”

“Why are you telling me that?” Tiffany cut, asking softly while her hand caressing Sooyoung’s cheek.

“..i—i.. I thought.. that—that… we—we….”

“We?” Tiffany’s brows raised, asking Sooyoung to finish but the latter stopped “dating?” she finished herself “are we?”

Are we?

Sooyoung doesn’t even know.

Because whatever conversation they had, never once one of them ever brings this out.

Sooyoung sits on the bed “so—so.. i—I’m not supposed to—to tell you this?”

Tiffany followed after, sitting, not bothering to button her clothes back “well, you’re not answering my question though..”

Sooyoung bit her lip, nervous, and doesn’t even know what to say “so—sorry..” she apologized quickly “i—I shouldn’t have..” she mumbled, turned around, ready to climb down from the bed.

“Hey..” But Tiffany grabbed her gently, pulling the tall brunette to fall into her embrace, trapping Sooyoung in a tight warm hug “we really need to talk..” she said “and I am not going to let this go unfinished after we’re going this far..”

“..I—I don’t know..” Sooyoung mumbled, buried her face on Tiffany’s neck “you are too good for me..” she said “it’s not fair for you..” she whispered, slower by the next “I’m blind..”

Tiffany sighed “is that why you keep avoiding any talk about relationship?”

Sooyoung answered with a nod.

“..only someone who have a really good heart who is willing to stay with someone like me..”

“Like what?” Tiffany replied “like beautiful, smart, kind, sweet, adorable, and--..”

“Blind..” Sooyoung cut, trying to get the doctor back into the truth, the truth of imperfection.

“..that’s funny..” Tiffany voiced softly “because clearly, I missed that one..” she added, her fingers running gently on Sooyoung’s hairs.

“Purposely..”

Tiffany heaved another sigh when she pulled from the hug, locking with Sooyoung’s eyes “Sooyoung.. you know, the only difference with us is that when someone else can see you imperfection, people can’t see mine..” she said.

“Which is why--..”

“And just because someone can see yours, doesn’t mean you’re not someone who is not worth falling for..” Tiffany cut “and for the thousands time, Choi Sooyoung.. I love you..” she whispered sweetly “I really love you..”

Tiffany chuckled by Sooyoung’s pout “what’s with the frown?” she asked teasingly “I just confessed, and you’re frowning? Shouldn’t you--..”

“You’re so sweet..” Sooyoung spoke “I don’t even know that I am enough for you..”

“You are..” Tiffany said, caressing Sooyoung’s face gently “trust me..” she added “all I need is just for you to let me show you..” she said “how about a date? With me?”

“You don’t mind people staring at you?”

“Because I am lucky to be your date?”

Sooyoung bit her lower lip, she should be the one who is lucky, isn’t she?

“..how about double date? With Taeng and Sica?” Sooyoung asked hopefully.

Tiffany’s brows creased, obviously more into the idea of just the two of them in their date, but maybe Sooyoung is still uncomfortable and Tiffany is ready to take this slow “..sure..” she replied, giving a small smile.

But Sooyoung could sense that little disappoint in Tiffany’s voice when she added “I—I mean.. we—we could take the opportunity to-to tell them about us as well.. sho-should we?”

The smile in Tiffany’s face widened, leaning closer with the tip of her nose brushing over Sooyoung’s “you mean like telling them that we’re..” she paused, manage to give a sweet naughty smile before she added “official?”

“..a-are we?” Sooyoung stuttered.

“..then..” Tiffany giggled softly, climbing on Sooyoung’s lap, straddling “does it mean that we can go all the way?”

Sooyoung choked, blushing, earning another giggles from the teasing doctor “you do know that I’ve been patient enough, aren’t you?”

“..a-are you sure about this?”

“Oh Sooyoung.. I am going to make you mine..” Tiffany whispered as she pushed Sooyoung gently, laying on her back on the soft mattress, along with her on top of the other woman, with her lips running on Sooyoung’s side façade “and mine alone..”