Chapter 2

Topposites Attract
     I took a small step in to the enormous black building that had "intimidation" written all over it. Its' chic design and tall vibe gave me chills just by looking at it.
That was just one small step for a celebrity but it was a giant leap for me. 
My fingers curled up as I took a deep breath. Outside I tried to keep a straight face but inside, oh my god, my insides were going on a week all paid expense trip to off this earth. 
I had dressed as I usually do. In a simple graphic tee and black skinny jeans which emphasized my skinniness even more. I even wore my favorite blue hat that took me months of saving to buy. My ugly hair was tucked inside my hat to hide it...I never liked my hair anyways.
       But even more, I felt so nervous because I was finally going to meet HIM. One of my biggest inspirations...G-Dragon. 
His music and his style had been my role model in being even a music producer in the first place. I loved the way he always experimented with different types of music and made them something of his own. But now the fact that I was in the very place that he worked. 
I made my way through the hallway that led into the cafeteria of the building. 
 
Huh? The place is empty? I took my hat off and spun around, trying to look for any signs of life, but to no avail.
       I placed a hand against the wall and closed my eyes. Oh my god, even the walls, they felt like the walls some majestical heaven of music waiting to be born. 
I've only been here for a few minutes but I had fallen in love with this place. This place...it smelled of creativity and something new. So different from the old place I was at. Star Me entertainment...with that son of a-
        I heard a soft scoff coming from someone behind me as I felt something flick the back of my hat. I quickly opened my eyes and jerked to where the scoff came from. It was some guy, walking away from me. He looked tall but I could only see his back walking into the hallway of darkness which led out to the building.
Who...was that? And he scoffed at me! Raena why the hell did you do something so embarrassing? He saw me feeling up a wall!
         "Raena-Yang?" Ah great. Another person.
But when I turned, I knew exactly who it was. Yang Hyunsuk.
Well it wasn't the signature wheezy voice that gave it away but also his usual outfit of a khaki colored hat and a simple jacket over a t shirt. Not to mention his piercing examining eyes.
The real Yang Hyunsuk came to see me? A wide smile took up half my face almost instantly.
        I did a quick 90 degrees bow and nodded. "Yes! That's me! It's really...um and honor to meet you! I didn't know I would actually get to see you in person-"
       "Ah calm down a little. It's an honor to meet you Raena." He said warmly with a hand on my shoulder. "I heard your tracks and I was so impressed, actually we should go up to my office to talk about your future here."  
      "F-Future?" I stuttered as I blinked my eyes several times in astonishment. Did he want me to...stay here?
      YG only laughed and led me to his office. And as like every single part of the building, his office was impressive as it could get. The white blinding lights seemed to light up the room. Chic, classy and very modern shelves lined the room with toys decorating the interior. 
       "You see, what I really liked about your music was that they sounded fresh and new...yet they reminded me of something familiar. You brought back the hip hop of the 90s infused with the modern touches of the songs. I can't believe you're not a famous music producer by now." Yg said as he sat down at his computer.
      I shook my head in amazement. I never had anyone actually listen to my music before and give me such big compliments. And especially not from someone his status. 
 
      "I am a producer...for StarMe entertainment right now though." I said meekly, fixing my hat.
      Yg raised his eyebrows and gave me a strange look. "You are? I heard that company has major plagiarism issues. Especially that one song...uhh what was it-"
       "Shawty...get that" I said with my head down. That was the song I forcibly had to make for the new boy group. Honestly hated it but of course, Kangwoo told me to rip it off from another song. 
        "You made that song?" 
        This was so embarrassing. "Yes, unfortunately." 
        Yg gave a firm look at me and stood up. "Well... Can you quit?"
        "Huh?" I looked up at him in surprise. Did I hear that wrong?
        He nodded and looked me directly in the eye. "Can you quit that place...and come work for me? Moon Raena, can you work as a music producer for YG entertainment?" 
I felt a clump of "No way this was true" at my throat but I swallowed it down.
        "I'm only giving you the offer right now so you better take it." He said sternly although there was a slight smile at the corner of his lips.
        I opened my eyes widely and bowed again. "Ah! O-Of course! I totally can! Anytime!" 
       Yg smiled widely, "Then that's perfect. You can start working with the producers right away when you're ready. I welcome you to our family Raena. Work hard alright?" 
       "Kamsahamnida*! I will work really hard!" I said politely with an energetic voice. 
       ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
       "Well good for you, you little bastard! I'm quitting today!" I yelled confidently as I threw the worthless music sheets down at Taewoo's face.
        He looked taken aback and flustered. His glasses slid down pitifully on his nose, and I almost heard a small whimper.
        "W-Wait...the YG entertainment?" He asked in confusion.
        "That's right, I'm not gonna let you use me anymore for your precious little dolls." I crossed my arms and smirked.
         Taewoo stood up and grabbed my shoulders. "Raena! That's perfect!" He said with a smile. 
Wait a second...this was not the response I wanted.
---------
*kamsahamnida- "Thank You" (polite and formal)
-----
 
Why was he happy?!
      Taewoo said with a huge grin, "Yg entertainment! Do you know where that could get us? You could gain access to the best music in the entire country! They would all be number one hits! If only you could bring us back a few tracks made by them-"
      "Woah woah woah! No! I don't work here anymore remember?" I said back to him with my hands in the air.
        "You could easily get the biggest pay of your life. You know that right? Just a few tracks and BAM! Raena, you could be rich! That's what happened with producer Kim!" Taewoo said with a convincing voice. His sleazy eyes piercing through my head as if he could read my mind. He knew I was interested.
     Rich...oh how much I needed the money. 
     But instead, I stood up for what little pride I had. "No I said I'm done." I turned around and began to walk out of the room I was in.              
       Just before my hand touched the door handle, Taewoo said to me in a low voice, "Your mom's surgery. Don't you need money for your mom's surgery?" 
My hand froze and then curled into a fist. That son of a . He always had to hit directly at personal things. Things that hurt the most. Always playing around with feelings. 
       You have pride Raena, just walk away. I took a deep breath and walked out of that room with the door slamming shut.
      When I reached home to my lonely dark small apartment complex, it was already starting to get dark. The night sky was becoming to my eyes yet what Taewoo had said continued to haunt me. 
Steal? He wanted me to steal music from Yg entertainment? How ridiculous...but doable. Ahh Raena, don't think that way!
       And then I got a pleasant surprise at my door. The old ajusshi who was the landlord was waiting right in front of my front door, with his arms crossed and an unsightly bill clenched in his hand.
       "What's...that?" I asked coyly as I sat my skateboard to the side of my door. 
        "You know very well what this is. Your bill you didn't pay for this month. Or the last month." He said with a snarl.
        "Ahjusshi, I said I'll pay you next month, for all consecutive months! I just...need some time." I had been saying that every month for the past year. Mom's hospital bills were increasing the longer she had been there and then there was the surgery and chemotherapy sessions she needed.
         "Raena, as much as I like you, I'm going to have to kick you out soon if you don't get these paid by next week." He said with a grimace. 
        "I know...I-I know." I said nervously. The stress was unbearable and the burden was just so heavy on my shoulders. I couldn't afford to switch jobs at a time like this..
        With heavy shoulders I decided to visit my mom just before it was too dark.
        As usual, her eyes were closed but her breathing was still and steady. Her hands were coiled together as if they never parted. The hospital room felt cold for some reason, making me feel uneasy. The now deafening sound of the monitor beeping made me jump every time.
        I had spoken with the doctor just before going into the room and as bad as it could get, the news was worse. She definitely needed to begin chemotherapy soon or else the cancer would spread even more. Because we didn't have insurance or any help from a fund...the cost was deadly. The numbers of zeros in the cost made me shudder.
     But as soon as I saw my mom. My mom who didn't deserve any of this, I made a commitment. And that commitment made me picture an ugly face in my mind. Taewoo.