Chapter 21

Topposites Attract
       "Arrghhhhffggghhhh" I moaned loudly into the couch pillow. Little bit of spit drooled onto the soft fabric.
      "Stop crying so much...it's not a..big deal." TOP said slowly but it seemed like he was forcing the words out of his mouth.
 How was it not a big deal?! He had seen me completely ! Nobody else in this entire world besides me has seen me without clothes, well after puberty anyways. And not only that.
I had seen his... I gulped. 
My entire body shivered and jolt of anger slash disgust went through my head. I have never seen a guy's thing before and I wasn't ready. Not then. Not now and defiantly not ever. Every other single girl in the world would have killed to be in my situation.
       I grabbed my now dried hair and yanked a little. "How is it not a big deal?! I've seen your-"
      "DON'T" TOP glared into my eyes and pointed a scary finger at me. "IMAGINE THINGS."
I held a breath but my eyes could stop letting out tears.
      "W-Why were you in my bedroom anyways? D-Didn't I tell you that you can't go in there?" TOP stuttered angrily. His hair was messily tousled over his flustered eyes.
      I frowned and tried to talk between my sobs, "I-I wasn't gon go in b-but Charlie whahhhh w-went in-"
      TOP sighed and placed his hand over his eyes, "Stop crying so much, it isn't like you."
      "Huh?" I looked up trying to wipe the tears.
 
       "I said, just stop crying. It's not like you Moon Raena." TOP said gritting his teeth.
       He was right. Why was I getting so soft these days? I used to be so mentally strong, nothing could break me down. But that was before today.
      "I didn't see anything so just forget about it." TOP blinked awkwardly at the ground. His hands fidgeted with the couch cushion.
Liar. I totally saw your eyes grazing my entire body. LIAR.
     But anyway, I took a deep breath and tried to regain myself. "Why a-are you back so early? I thought....I thought that you were gonna be in Japan for a week." I asked.
     TOP stood up and tried to look away from me and squinted at the sunlight. "The other members said that they had other things to do in Korea. Jiyong has Remi to be with, Youngbae said he needed to see someone and...I..." He trailed off awkwardly walking away from me.
        The doorbell rang and TOP immediately went to open the gate himself.
Eunsuh...of course.
        Apparently they were supposed to go on a date, that's why TOP had come back to Korea so early. He didn't come to see me .
I sigh and tried to shake the thought off of my mind.
        "So Raena-shi, how's your...life going?" Eunsuh carefully said with her pretty eyes opened half way.
God damn. Why was she so pretty? Did all famous actresses look like this in real life?
        "Me?" I raised my eyebrows up and took a deep breath.
         Eunsuh laughed prettily, her soft brown hair falling over her shoulders like a silk curtain. "Of course you...there's no other girl in this house that I'm talking to."
Her voice sounds a bit off. She sounds...a little fake.
      For some reason, her smile began to look a little forced.
         "I'm doing alright." I said plainly with tightened lips.
         She opened her wide eyes and gently smacked her lips together, "Actually..." She said slowly, "I'm a little concerned about you and Seunghyun...living together. I get that you are cousins and all but.."
        I half frowned and half scoffed, "You're not suggesting that something's going on between us-"
       "That's exactly what I'm saying" Eunsuh cut off my sentence. She immediately smiled and then tried to look as kind as she could. "When a guy and a girl lives together under the same roof, there's always going to be-"
       I shook my head, "You don't need to worry about that. If you want, I'll definitely keep a distance from him."
       As soon as I finished my sentence, TOP came down from upstairs looking cleaner than he did before. His dark hair was smoothed down and tucked behind his ears. He wore a khaki colored jacket and dark jeans, finished off with a nice looking pair of Louboutins.
 
      I Immediately turned around and grabbed my newly fixed skateboard from off the couch. Without looking back, I waved my hand quickly and left the house before anyone could say anything to me.
Who cares if he saw me? I probably didn't even look like a body to him. It didn't matter, everyone had someone else to care about. Me? I was alone just like I always had been.
I jammed my earphones in and randomly pressed shuffle. As soon as I heard TOP's voice right in my head, I yanked them out.
~~~~~~~~~
        And so I tried to ignore him...so that I could stop thinking about him. I know I shouldn't have but even while working, I tried not to talk to him. I didn't start a fight with him or even get mad him.
Even at the house, I tried not to look at him. But obviously it was a bit too hard.
      How could I not think about what I had seen? And what Eunsuh said? How could she think that? I had not even a tiny bit of affection for this guy! Of course not! No way! 
...no way.
~~~~~~~~~
          I Charlie's fur and poured the kibble into his yellow food bowl. Charlie excitedly delved in and began chewing with alacrity.
           "Charlie-ya, don't eat too much. She's trying to get you fat."
My body tensed when I heard his voice behind me.
   Without turning around to look at him, I stood up straight in my frozen state and continued to walk away from him.
    "We should talk." TOP said in his decadent voice. His deep voice always seemed to linger in his breath for just a few seconds whenever he spoke.
      I quickly paced myself about a few feet away from him and finally turned around to face him.
My heart skipped a beat when I saw his face but I forced myself to keep a straight face. "Stay at least 15 feet away from me at all time." I pointed at him.
     TOP paused for a moment and the corners of his thin lips rose up to a small smile. His dizzying eyes continuously looked at me as he took slow steps towards me.
Why aren't my feet moving away?? I began to slightly panic.
       "10 feet." TOP said barely moving his lips. His flawless and sharp self as usual.
   He continued a few more steps, "5."
And soon, he was but a foot away from me. His smile vanished and there was something more sincere on his face.
         "How do you expect to continue living in this house together if it's going to continue being like this?" He blinked.
         "I-It's possible!" I stuttered out, "it's totally possible!"
TOP's face shifted into an annoyed state.
 
         "Look it's awkward for me too okay?" TOP akwardly his lips and blinked a couple times away from my face. "It's not even like there was anything to look at anyway." He murmured. 
        "What?!" I yelled in his face.
        He raised his eyebrows and his voice became more playful, "looked like some prepubescent boy anyway." 
       I raised my foot and stepped hard on his shoes. TOP cringed and yelled out in his deep voice.
I quickly fled his range and began to run away. It was pretty funny to watch TOP run around, something about the way his tall self kinda awkwardly strutted. I ran away from him by going through the small spaces and narrow areas behind the book shelves.
But soon enough, he caught me....in a strange way.
He wrapped his arms around head and put me in a head lock. My back was pushed right against his chest and me inside his embrace.
        The TOP that didn't like being touched. Yet he was putting me in a head lock with his arms. His surprisingly muscular arms...why was I thinking about this?!
I immediately pulled myself out of the headlock and threw him over my back and hard on to the ground.
         TOP's face scrunched as he wrapped his arms around his body. 
Ouch...that did look like it hurt.
         "What kind of girl..." He began to say.
 
"Exactly, I'm not a girl. So don't treat me like one...hyung." I said cooly, slapping my hands free of the imaginary dust.
       TOP's face winced as he tried to get up but there was a smile on his lips. "Welcome back, Moon Raena."