Chapter 16

Topposites Attract
Oh well. He has too many of these little toy things anyway. What was it even doing out here?
I dropped the broken pieces of the figurine into the koi pond outside in the front lawn and quickly came back in.
     He'll never find out. I hope.
I went upstairs and took a nice hot shower. I still wasn't used to this yet. This whole feeling of living in a new home, one that was just way too big for me. And the idea of me living with some guy I barely knew anything about.
      Patting my hair dry on one of the lush cream colored bath towels, I dressed in comfortable clothes. An old black sweatshirt and grey sweat pants.
An alarming rumble vibrated from my stomach. I didn't realize how hungry I was.
        I went downstairs into the foreign kitchen. This was my first time being in this kitchen. Come to think of it, I haven't had a meal inside this house even once. It didn't even look like a kitchen, more of a space ship of some sort. There were bright yellowish lights gleaming down at the sleek white granite counter top of the island. Chrome black pipes hung over the island, holding pots and pans of various sizes. I opened one of the shiny black cabinet doors to find bunch of pretty dishes and bowls lining the inside of the cabinets.
But the fridge was empty. Except for a few eggs and some leftovers.
 
What I did find was one last package of Shin Ramyun in one of the kitchen cabinets. Jackpot.
The red shiny package was welcoming to my eyes. This was my staple food when I was in college.
       I cooked the Ramyun, signature Raena style. The perfect combination of two eggs minus the dried vegetables in the package. I felt my mouth water at the savory smell of the spicy hot goodness.
       I set my spoon and chopsticks next to my pot of steaming ramyun on the counter.
      "Ahhh this is gonna be so good." I said to myself as I fished out a huge mouthful of noodles with my chopsticks.
Oh my god this felt like heaven. Eating something nice and hot on a tiring day, nothing could beat this.
      Then from the corner of my eye, I saw something dark come into the kitchen. The sound of house slippers sliding on the marble floor.
TOP casually walked into the kitchen and out of the darkness. His dark hair was slightly damp because of his shower and his face had a dewy glow with a bit of redness at his nose.
Just as I had seen him that night when I delivered that drunk guy, he was wearing his navy blue bath robe, the one with the white rope like designs on it. He also wore comfy looking checkered pajama pants and a dark shirt inside the robe.
 TOP obviously pretended like he didn't see me and walked to the fridge. He opened the empty fridge and pondered for a minute.
 
 
Probably wondering what the hell he could make with three eggs.
     He took out the pitcher of cold water and poured himself a drink in a tall glass cup.
I continued to eat my delicious steaming Ramyun, trying to pay no attention to his eyes prying at my food.
He stood there, leaning his palms on the countertop and drinking his plain water...watching me.
      I can feel his presence closer...and closer...
      "-Give...me some." He finally said, breaking the silence.
I slurped the noodles that were on my chopsticks and looked up.
His eyes were like strange. They still had the same aggressive glare yet it was much softer. He looked like a puppy, his eyes glossy with need and lips out of hunger.
      I glared at him and sipped a spoonful of the rich spicy soup. "I made this for myself." I said quietly while blowing at the hotness.
     TOP blinked and his lip twisted into some sort of pout. He tried another attempt, "Yah...move." He began to get closer, his footsteps sliding on the floor.
"I said no." I could already see him getting into attack mode. Something about this atmosphere reminded me of a wild deer being preyed on by a tiger. A tiger named TOP.
      He began his first move. He slid across towards me and pushed me over with his shoulder and arm.
 
"W-What the hell?!" I moved away from him, sliding the pot away from him.
     "Just give me some." TOP continued pushing me away, his fingers prying out the chopsticks out of my hand.
I quickly stood up and grabbed the pot out of his reach.
      TOP's eyes widened and few of his damp strands of hair fell over his forehead.
      We circled around the island and I tried to eat as much as I could.
"Yah! Don't eat all of that!" TOP yelled in his deep voice.
      "I MADE IT." I spit in the ramyun and watched TOP's face melt into utter disappointment.
Everything turned silent. And I just stood there, drinking the remaining ramyun soup and letting TOP watch me. 
This was so satisfying.
       He gave me a disgusted look and then sighed as if he had lost this battle.
"Does it taste good?" TOP asked quite meanly.
        "Hell yeah." I said while chewing the last bit of my noodles. The pot was completely empty. "Kyahhhh that was good!" I said out loud.
TOP sighed with a frustrated look on his face and grabbed at his hair with his lean fingers. He took out a large flask of cognac from one of the cabinets and poured himself a small drink in a clean wine glass.
The first thing he did was blink and glare at me before going back out of the kitchen.
I admit it. I did feel maybe 0.00009% bad for him. After all he did work all day, same as me.
I still didn't really understand what he did as a celebrity. It wasn't that hard...right? All you do is sing and look pretty. There was absolutely no work in it. Just some luck and you were famous.
 That's what a celebrity is...isn't it?
~~~~~~
The next day was a Sunday, one of my off days from my work as a music producer. And so I slept in. Or at least I tried to.
The soft cotton comforter enveloped me into it's warmth, holding me captive in the silent air. The white sunlight shone it's way through the glass wall, trapping the heat even more. I opened my eyes but my lids felt heavy, dragging me back to slumber.
My ears perked as I heard something. A few footsteps, soft yet rigid, towards my door.
Then a small clunk of a sound along with about five more smaller sounds. My head peeped out of my blankets as I heard the footsteps walk away from my door.
My ridiculously tangled hair was a mess but I didn't care. I just wanted to know what was outside my door.
I put on the slippers near my bed and zombie walked towards the door. My dry rough hands grabbed the door handle and pulled, not knowing what was in front of my room.
 
My eyes flew out of my socket and all sense of tiredness fled out of me.
     What the . No. No no no no no no. NO!
I felt the glass stair case shake beneath me as my anger shook and my lungs began to explode.
It was my baby. Well my skateboard I mean. It was the first skateboard that I had gotten with my own money. We went through hell together during high school. I rode on it going to school, to work, to do anything...IT WAS MY PRIZED POSSESSION.
It now lay in front of me. Dissected, dissembled and mutilated like some torture experiment. The screws and nuts were all pulled out from the board and lined up in perfect fours. The wheels were laid out in front as if they were in some battle formation. It didn't even look like a skateboard anymore. It was dead. This perfectionist touch and organization. I knew exactly who the murderer was.
 
 
      "YAH! CHOI SEUNG HYUN!!!"