Chapter 34

Topposites Attract


 (Raena's POV)
         I sighed about a million times more as I looked at the confused dull eyed girl in the mirror. My hands were wet from the sink water because I didn't bother to dry it off.
       "What am I doing here?" I whispered to myself.
After five minutes of pondering in the bathroom, I headed out back to the party.
It was still the same. Fancy people dressed in designer clothing and sipping champaign underneath lowlighting. I didn't really fit in at all.
I looked around and realized that some people were missing.
      Where is...TOP? And where's Jiwoo?
I hesitantly gave a good look at every corner of the sky bar room but they were definitely not here.
I spotted the girl that had come with Jiwoo. Something about her was painfully familiar but I just couldn't get a grasp on it.
      "Hey, uh where did Jiwoo oppa go?" I asked as I smoothed my dress down.
     The girl's sharp cat like eyes blinked and opened in a disturbing way. There was a suppressed smile on her lips as if a secret was being kept from spilling out. "He went outside with TOP." She pointed to the balcony behind a heavy looking set of curtains.
Jiwoo and TOP...? What were they doing outside?
      "Have fun, Moon Raena." The girl said with a smirk as she turned away from me.


         How did she know my name?
I shook the thought off as I remembered the main problem here. Top and Jiwoo.
My heels clicked away as I quickly went to the balcony area. There weren't any people near this area because the lights were turned off.
Behind the curtains, I could hear strange muffled sounds along with the soft muted honks from the traffic below.
         I squirmed my way to get into the balcony, step by step. The heels on my shoes seemed to echo on the cold metal balcony.
There was a disturbingly bright lamp that stood on the side and from that I could make out strange shadows that moved viciously in the dark city sky.
        My mouth dropped open when I saw what was going on.
Jiwoo was on the ground with TOP beating him to a pulp. TOP's knee locked him on the cold metal as his hand grasped Jiwoo's shirt collar while his other fist continuously punched at an already bruised looking jaw.
WHAT THE HELL. Why is TOP beating my boyfriend up?!
My first reaction was surprise, which then quickly dissolved into anger. I rapidly rushed towards them, grabbing onto whatever I could hold on to and pulling them apart.
     "Stop!! Stop it right now!!" I yelled loudly as I pushed TOP away from Jiwoo as hard as I could.
        

      Jiwoo scurried up and violently wiped the blood from his lips with the back of his hand. They were both glaring at each other with intentions to kill.
TOP didn't look too perfect either. His hair was slightly disheveled with a few pieces sticking out at the top. A bit of blood was at the corner of his twisted looking lips as he breathed heavily.
       "What are you guys doing?!" My head spun with confusion and my heart was pounding out of my chest.
      Jiwoo's face was beyond pissed. He pointed at TOP with a crooked smile, "Yah Choi Seunghyun. You think you're gonna get away with this? Y-You won't." His breathing was haphazard with a few scowls here and there.
     "O-Oppa are you okay?" I stepped closer to Jiwoo with a shaking hand. Jiwoo's eyes widened as he looked at me with a scowl.
"You...don't ever talk to me again."
       His words seemed painfully real. My chest tightened and I felt my eyes water.
W-What what is going on..? The way his eyes glared at me as if I was the most disgusting animal in the world.
Jiwoo wiped his bleeding gums and backed away to walk out of the balcony. And I just let him go. My body was too stiff to move.
My head spun with confusion and everything in the world felt strangely off. 
       And then I realized. Who was the one that beat the hell out of Jiwoo without a single reason?
I angrily turned my head towards TOP, "What the hell is wrong with you!?"
TOP's jaw was clenched tightly as his eyes steadily watched me.
Foreign tears began to push behind my eyes and my words contorted into frustration, "Why the did you do that?! Y-You couldn't even have the decency to-"
        "You've been calling that bastard your boyfriend all this time?" TOP said sternly with his lips moving a bit more than usual.
        I felt a jolt up my spine as he spoke. His words sounded dark and angry. A different kind of angry.
   My fingers clenched my purse that hung at over my shoulder. I blinked hard and a heavy tear pooled out of my eye.
       "Bastard..? You're calling him a bastard?" I said as calmly as I could so that I wouldn't explode on him. My body shook as my voice weakened.
       My shaky voice began to grow in volume "H-He was the only guy that I've ever-!"
       "Are you stupid?!" TOP's eyes viciously frowned, "Moon Raena, what are you? How can you fall for a guy like that?!"
 Stupid? Stupid. Yeah I'm an idiot. I'm an idiot for even thinking that I was starting to know this guy better. I was an idiot for letting TOP into my life so easily like this.
I bit down hard to stop myself from cussing. My heart was already on its way to exploding anytime soon.
     TOP pointed towards the building and scoffed. "Your 'Jiwoo oppa' is that guy-"
      I slapped him. Right on the side of his perfectly chiseled face.
I didn't want to hear it. All this time I had a feeling, I knew something was weird with Jiwoo, and the fact that he brought such a familiar face tonight. It was the uncomfortable feeling that lingered inside of me Everytime I thought about it.
But that wasn't what made me so mad.
       "How dare you..." My head tilted up towards him and I took in a sharp breath before speaking again. "You ignored me this entire night...d-didn't even look at me. And now you're pretending to care?"
TOP's face changed from anger to a face that I couldn't read. His deep sparkling eyes blinked. He looked so pained for some reason. His eyes wavered with confusion as well as sadness.
         I looked away to the city lights sparkling in the distance to calm my crying eyes.
 Taking off my heels, I hooked the straps on my fingers and quickly began to head back inside the building.
I left him standing there that night as I chased myself home. TOP's home. I didn't belong there though. That night, I felt even more distant to anyone else than ever.