Chapter 17

Topposites Attract
I found the culprit casually lounging, reading a magazine in the front lawn in one of the pool chairs. Dressed in a very homely outfit of just a navy long sleeved sweater and jeans, he looked as if he wasn't planning to leave the house today. His charcoal hair was plainly slicked down, slightly shining in the sunlight. He had large squarish sunglasses over his eyes and there was a slight smirk on his lips. 
       "What the hell is this?!" I yelled, waving my disassembled board in front of him.
TOP only picked up his glass that had some kind of purple juice in it and took a sip from his straw. 
He looked up at me and smiled ingly. "Joeun Achim*". His voice was freshly deep as if he had just woken up too.
       I gave him a scowl and waved my arms around. "The hell with 'Joeun Achim'" I mimicked his deep voice. "Why the HELL would you do this?"
       TOP looked down at his magazine. The page he was on had a picture of him looking deeply at the camera. Ugh who the heck would even buy that?
 He looked up at me, with his sunglasses sliding down his nose just a centimeter so that I could see his bare eyes. "I told you not to ride inside the house. Did you see all those marks on the floor?".
       I shook my head in astonishment. "Are you gonna clean it? You're not even-" I ran out of words to even yell at him. "I can't even- UGH!!"
-------
*"joeun Achim"- "good morning."
--------
      "I'm completely free of schedule today so I'll be home the entire time." TOP said cooly with a smirk. He held up his empty glass of his drink, "Maid, can you refill my drink?" 
I scoffed and ran my fingers through my messy hair. "I'm not your ing maid." I wiggled my dead board in front of his face. "You'll pay for this. Where are the screwdrivers?"
       TOP placed his hand in front of his lips feigning surprise. "Omo*, what can we do? I think I may have lost them somewhere."
      I bit my lip to calm down and stop myself from lunging towards his body and killing him with my bare hands. I held a finger up.
Yeah he probably likes that, me using the finger rule back at him.
      "You. You're definitely gonna pay for this. Better watch out when you sleep tonight." I said fiercely looking into his eyes. His eyes looked sharper than ever, shining in the cozy yet beating sunlight.
       He cocked his head and pushed his sunglasses up, "At least call me 'oppa'* for gods sakes." TOP scoffed and checked out my body. "Or it would be better for you to call me 'hyung*' seeing that you have no feminine qualities at all."
I frowned and stepped away from him. "Yah, I'm gonna call you unnie."
-----------
*omo- "oh dear"
*oppa- (c'mon. You should know this as a kpop fan.) what a younger girl calls an older guy.
*hyung- what a younger guy calls an older guy.
*unnie- what a younger girl calls an older girl.
-------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And so the war began. For the next whole week, it was nothing but pranks, pranks and more pranks. Daesung gave me top notch information about TOP which gave me ideas on how to piss him off the most. It started off nice and easy such as switching the coffee beans to decaf, hiding all the shoes on the roof of the house, putting hot sauce in every single liquor bottle. Then it got worse. 
Putting laxatives in the water filter, burning the same shoes that I had to crawl on the roof to find, being ridiculously obnoxious when Eunsuh came to the house to talk to him.
We even took it to work. Water gun fights in the YG building all the while pretending to work when ever someone walked by.
I had to admit, it wasn't that terribly painful to look at him during this time. It was somewhat fun...targeting him at least.
       But on the last day of the week, he took it too far. My biggest weakness was exposed.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(Last day of the week)
I sneakily tip toed over the cold marble floor all the way downstairs the glass stairway. The spring sun shined in through the glass walls, giving the huge house a fresh atmosphere.
    Charlie saw me from his cushion and immediately came over to greet me. I made hand gestures in the air to try push Charlie's attention away from me.
          Where was he...? I craned my head around to see if I could see him.
Empty chairs, empty couch....ah! He was standing around the Koi pond, looking deeply at the fish.
How was it that a celebrity seemed to have so much free time to be looking at fish? Were all celebrities that way? But then again, apparently TOP had just finished filming for the movie to come out in the summer. It wasn't till next month until he was supposed to start promoting. This was his "down" time and time to produce music for his album...or so as Daesung told me.
         I swiftly slid across the floor to his hall of collectable figurines. This was no regular hall. It was THE hall. Bigger and much more important than the hall of fame for TOP. It was decorated with these toy figurines of all sizes that had a wide variety of designs. Most of them had the same uniform design of a lego-ish looking bear. They all had little name plates sitting in front of them, dating the year and where he had gotten them. I knew these were precious to him because I had seen him often down in this hallway. Just standing there, slowly sipping a cup of wine. 
       I found the largest one, the one that looked the most dear to him.
This one would be perfect...He needed to pay for burning my favorite pair of shoes. 
I quickly picked it up and glided across the floor to outside. 
Damn this is heavy.
 
I quietly sped through the lawn chairs and the flowers and found my way to the swimming pool. The pool was partially underneath a part of the house that led into one of the lower living rooms. The color as usual was a beautiful turquoise blue that glistened ever so slightly.
I knew how much I hated pools but I also knew that this would be the perfect place to put this ridiculously large lego bear.
        TOP suddenly came over by the other side of the pool. His eyes widened innocently when he saw me with the thing in my arms.
      "W-What are you doing?" TOP hesitated with his hands in the air.
       "I told you I'll make you pay for this." I said a bit waveringly. The water was way too close to me and I could already feel my heart thumping loudly.
       "D-Don't do it. Okay? Raena-ya, put him down." TOP forced himself o sound calm but I could hear the tremble in his deep voice. Almost about to cry.
        I smiled and held the figurine over the pool. "Why? So that you can get away with burning my jays?" I could see my reflection already.
TOP suddenly ran around the pool to grab it out of my hands. I began to panic out of the sudden attack and we both gripped onto the figurine tightly.
"Give it now!" TOP yelled.
       "Hell no! You- were the one who started this!" 
 
I gave a final hard tug on the toy and it slipped out of his grip. What I didn't know that my back was facing the water and when the figurine was released from his grip, I flung backwards straight into the pool.
Uh oh.
          The chilly water hit me like knives as I plunged into the blistering blue water. My mind went blank and it was as if my heart took its final beat.
The last time...I was in a pool....I was almost killed.
      My eyes opened a bit to see myself sinking in the clear blue water. The slight translucency of the water made way into the other world above the blue layer. But all I could see was blood everywhere, just like that night.
 
        I felt tears shovel its way out despite the water pushing against my face.  My bloody ran cold and my body numbed out until I couldn't even move. And then my eyes shut down, putting out the light and leaving me in complete darkness.