Chapter 7

Topposites Attract
 
        Everyone in the room broke out in sudden laughter. Daesung and Seungri who were beside me, looked at me confusedly with a astonished smile on their faces.
        But top's eyes still looked determined. "Isn't it obvious? He's lying about everything. The songs that he's written, the way he looks, and this..." The small USB drive wavered in his fingertips.
        He continued on, "I saw him using this USB drive to take some files out of-"
        Raena think quick...You can't let him tell everyone!
An animalistic instinct took over me as I leaped forward and tackled him down. We landed on the cold hard ground with a loud thud. Me right on top of him. 
My arms were tightly around his waist and my face on his flat and unexpectedly sturdy chest. 
Hmmm...He's way more fit and well structured than I thought he would be.
        I shook my head. Why the hell was I thinking about his chest at a time like this??
Around me, I could hear rowdy yelling and laughter but all I could focus right now was the USB drive.
I heard a light moan and his chest lightly vibrated which made me look up to his face. Top's lips began to move and his eyes opened narrowly in frustration.
      To be honest...he was really quite handsome. Never in my life had I ever seen someone like him. Or had I? If I did I couldn't remember. But I was never too attracted to attractive guys like him. 
       He guttered out a voice and started to speak again. "This kid...h-he's trying to steal-"
       My heart raced as soon as he began to speak. Hesitation came over me and my mind went blank. 
What do I do? What do I do?? Think quick!
His mouth was moving and my hands were under his body, keeping them locked and unable to move.
       A wind of something, maybe stupidity, flushed through me. Without any thought, I closed my eyes and shoved my lips right on to his, shutting them close and quiet.
       It wasn't a kiss. This couldn't be ever classified as a kiss. It was just a mere interaction from body part to body part. That was it. It was just that I couldn't move my hands to stop him so I had to use something else. It all made sense when it came down to it.
But of course...my mind wasn't thinking straight either.
     Top's eyes widened and then closed shut as his face weakly turned to the side.
I immediately backed away from his lips and got off of him. 
      "Oohhhhhh~ you two already have that kind of relationship?!" Seungri asked loudly as he shook Top up with excitement in his eyes.
      Everyone was smiling and laughing with slight confusion. 
"Wait wait, hyung I thought you were dating Eunsuh noona!" Youngbae said laughingly.
      Without saying a word, I slowly began to move out of the hot and crowded studio room. 
      "Where are you going?" Jiyong asked me as his eyes shined with question and a sly laughter plastered at his lips.
      "I-I I think I really need to go home now. Excuse me." I bowed quickly without making eye contact and leaped out of the room.
       Grabbing my skateboard, I basically ran out of the black building. My heart was beating ridiculously fast. Not because I had "kissed" him but more because he knew. And if he told everyone that I was stealing company files...then I would be fired and worse...I could go to jail.
      I took my hat off and let my hair run free in the wind as I pushed myself in long strides while the wheels of my skateboard rumbled in quick spins.
 
 
     "ARGGHH!!! What am I going to do??!" I shouted into the pure blue sky as I skated all the way home.
     That Top guy...he was really getting on my nerves. And how the hell did he think I was a guy? I mean, honestly, I was never the  girly type. And many people did mistake me for a guy often. Probably because of my baggy jeans or black sweat pants that hid my curvy body I never had.
       I stopped my skateboard at a nearby park and sat down on the ground next to a dried up fountain. As I took a long deep breath, I looked around me.
       It was weird how the world worked. Even if you were having the worst day of your life, the world still seemed to go on turning. The kids would still be laughing, the birds would still be chirping, and the adults would still go on working. That was all.
        I opened my fingers out wide and examined my tattoos to get my mind off the main problem right now. 
A clean lettering of words around my thin wrist...to cover up the scars from an incident before. An incident I never wanted to remember again. How could I worry about such trivial things when I went through so much already? Wasn't life supposed to be easier now that I have gone through all that crap?
 
~~~~~
The next day I called into tell them I was sick. And then the next day after that. And then the next day after that. I really didn't want to deal with the situation over there right now.
During the three days, I did some of the part time jobs to help me earn a little bit more extra cash. Doing milk and newspaper delivery in the morning, driving mindless drunk people safely to their homes at midnight and making 500 little clay magnets for 300 won* just to make an extra buck every day. It left me with barely any free time to do the one thing I loved most...to make music. This was my daily life outside of my main job.
     That guy named Top...he was already in my head, an enemy. All because of him. Everything went wrong because of him. And now I could get fired from the company or even jail. I know it wasn't right of me to do...but what other choice did I have? 
      Everyone needs money to an extent and I need it the most.
~~~~~~~
 
 
 
       I adjusted my mirror to look at the drop dead drunk guy in the back seat. Oh gosh, he looks so out of it...
       "Ay Ajusshi, we're near your house, where should I park?" I said to him firmly as I set the car in park.
-----
*300 won- about 30 cents
----
       There was a faint mumble from the back seat of the car. I sighed and fixed my hat. This was going to be hard...
I quickly stepped out of the drivers seat and opened the back seat. When the door opened, the guy nearly slipped out like some liquid flowing over.
       I braced myself as I began my worthless part time job. The pitch black night was crisp and the stars were coveted by the thick grey clouds. Grabbing the man's arm, I pulled him out of the car and placed his arm over my shoulders. 
       I swear...his house was supposed to be here. Looking around, I could faintly see tall modern houses of different designs covered with tall black gates and fences surrounding me.
This was the rich neighborhood...damn, if only I could ever live here at least once.
       "Ahjusshi, is this one your house?" I nudged at his fat red cheek.
       His slim eye opened just a hair and there was a smirk on his lips. "You're a pretty lookin' son of a , aren't you?"
      I sighed as I pulled him near next to one of the tall gates. I guess it was better for him to think that I was a guy instead of a girl.
      "Nae nae, I'm a pretty looking bastard. Now where's your house?" I strained my neck as I set him down on the chrome black gates. There was a camera and an intercom button which I immediately pressed.
 
 
        There was no reply until a few seconds later.
 "Who is it?" A deep fuzzy yet firm voice came over from the small speakers.
I jumped aback at the sudden voice but quickly retained myself.
        I took a deep breath and leaned forward to speak, "Uh Annyeonghasayo, I'm a designated driver from the seoul club and bar down a few blocks away. I just wanted to know if this was the residence of uh..." I quickly looked down at the man and fumbled in his pocket for his wallet.
         My fingers rapidly pried through the contents until I found the man's drivers license. Lee ChangHo.
         "...U-Uh Lee ChangHo-shi? Is this his home?" I asked politely with my eyebrows raised up in anticipation.
         The drunk man let out a loud snort and his head hung down miserably onto his chest.
         A short pause...and then the voice spoke again. "Aniyo*" 
         Ahhh damn it! Where the hell did this guy live?? Did he give the wrong address?
        I blew angry air at my forehead to cool the sweat prickling down. I carefully set the wallet back in the man's pocket and began to slowly back away, using toe to heel.
Just back away slowly. A few steps at a time.
---------
*Aniyo- No (formal)
-----
But my sneaky steps failed as I forgot there was a camera right in front of me. And that the person behind the voice could easily see me.
       "You right there." The voice said quickly thought the intercom and my foot froze. Damn. And I was so close too.
       "You can't just leave him there." The voice said sternly and for some reason, I could picture a face in my head...although I couldn't specifically picture an exact face.
       I held both my hands up as if I was caught by the police and then frantically looked around. Suddenly, I heard the happy barking of a dog and a light through the big chrome gates brightly.
The brick walls covered up the house well so I couldn't see who was coming.
       Aw crap, why did this have to happen to me? Why couldn't I be assigned to a moderately drunk person who could help me find his way home?
       Almost like magic, the now golden gates opened automatically and bright light flushed out through the cracks. I covered my eyes as if I would be blinded but I could make out a tall figure walking towards me from the immensely large house. My breath was stolen by the strange wind flowing from inside and my mouth ran cold.
Soon that mysterious yet vaguely familiar figure was right in front of me and all I could could think was...Oh .