Chapter 14

Topposites Attract

 I leaned back on the soft leather chair and let the instrumental base waft through my headphones. After the 15th measure, I stopped the song and took the headphones off.

       "I don't like how it has that off beat in the middle." I said questioningly to one of the other producers I've been working with the past three days. It was Teddy, the infamously famous music producer here at yg. Something about him was really awesome. His casual style enclosing in all that genius that was released inside the recording studio. He always wore a signature style. A SnapBack and a hoodie over it. Today he wore a purple hat with a white sweatshirt.
       "Really? I put that there by accident and I really like that jazzy feel." Teddy said adjusting his cap and rubbing the stiff stubble on his chin.
       I've been finally working here for 3 successful days now and it wasn't as "scary" as I suspected. All the producers really like me and they treat me like some younger brother. And most of all...I haven't seen "him" around.
Apparently Bigbang had to suddenly go to Japan, the day that I started to live at TOP's house. So I haven't even seen him inside the house or the studio. Charlie and I were beginning to build a hardcore relationship. 
       "Hmm.." I said, looking at the screen. "Okay, if that's what you were going for. I just thought it was an awkward switch."
       "Yah, awkward? You're calling it awkward?" Teddy playfully pushed my chair with his feet.
 
       "I'm just sayin'" I laughed and grabbed the table so that I wouldn't slide backwards.
      Teddy stood up and stretched his arms out. "Alright, I'm gonna go get somethin' to drink. I'll be back." He said as he left the room.
      I nodded and smiled. I really liked this place. The atmosphere of it all. YG entertainment. Such a magical place with the finest recording material. So much better than Star Me entertainment.
     I put the beats headphones back on my ears and raised the volume up. The music that we were working on was one of my pre made tracks. But we were working to layer it to add more of a modern touch. The piano chords were heaven to my ears, like any sort of music was. I nodded along to the beat and my fingers softly tapped on the table.
      I even closed my eyes and began to mouth some lyrics that I had made up.
      My lips moved silently to the rhythm, "~Take the words fro-"
      "Oppa!" A loud voice came from behind and hands shook my shoulders in a sudden.
I have always been a scaredy cat when it comes to surprise attacks. Especially ones from behind.
So what did I do? I screamed.
      "HOLY . HOLY ING ." I cussed loudly as I jumped up.
I jumped up from my chair at the same time and put my hands up as if I was being cornered by the police.
The person that had scared me was someone I had not been expecting at all. In fact I had never seen her at all. And it seemed like she had never seen me before because all she had on her face was a big old surprise.
      She was a pretty girl about my age with long flowy brown hair running down in curls. On top of her head was a black beanie with white words saying "givenchy" on it. Her face flaunted clear wide eyes that reminded me of a puppy yet her nose and lips seemed more like a chic cat. She didn't look entirely Korean but she didn't look completely non korean either. She wore a red blazer like jacket over a soft white dress.
      I really admired how she looked. Not that she looked really chic and fashionable but the way she looked genuinely happy, even with her eyebrows raised at me. Something about her just let out a nice mood.
Her body was slim and in shape but I noticed something right away. A soft curve right at her stomach...she was...pregnant?
     "Oh sorry." She said softly backing away. Her voice was soft and clear. "I-I really didn't mean to, I thought you were...someone else."
     "No, no, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to cuss or anything." I quickly said. Crap, I just cussed at a pregnant person. That's pretty much a sin.
 
 
      "No it's fine!" The girl said waving her hands and smiling brightly. "I really thought you were someone else...."
     I raised my eyebrows and asked, "...who?"
     Surely she didn't think I was a guy. Surely. SURELY.
     "I thought you were-" the studio door opened and in walked Kwon Jiyong. The girl finished her sentence with a raised voice. "Oppa."
     Jiyong immediately smiled to his ears and his face brightened. Of course, as g-dragon, he looked ridiculously un-human. His silver blonde hair was cropped short and slicked down to his face. On his face were large black sunglasses that he took off as soon as he saw the girl. There was some kind of connection between the two.
A kind of connection that was foreign to me.
      "Jagi-ya." Jiyong said quickly and gave the girl a quick kiss on the lips. "Umma said that you were at home."
      "No I thought I would come see you here since you can't come home till later." She said smiling.
      I stood watching them talk to each other as if I didn't exist. She thought I was Kwon Jiyong? This one was a stretch, come on.
But then again, I was wearing a large black hoodie and maybe from a elaborate angle from behind I could have looked like him.
       "...no I haven't eaten yet..." Jiyong said to the girl with his eyes still glistening at her.
Well this is awkward... It's like I'm not even here.
 
I brought a fist up to my mouth and awkwardly looked around the room. Then I cleared my throat.
         Jiyong and the girl stopped talking and looked at me.
        "Oh...Raena-ya." Jiyong said with a smile and then looked at the girl. "This is Raena. She's a new producer who's gonna work with TOP hyung for his album." The girl smiled and kindly said hello.
      Jiyong gently pushed the girl in front of him and placed his hands on her shoulders. "And...this is Remi." He brought her close to his chest and hugged her shoulders lovingly. "She's my fiancé."
Fiancé? When the hell did he have a girlfriend? When the hell did she get pregnant? When the hell did they get arranged? Where was I in all of this??
I stood there confused with my eyes open wide.
       "We're getting married next month." Jiyong frowned to himself. "I'm surprised you didn't hear about any of this. They made it a huge deal online and on the tv last month." 
       I shrugged. "I.. don't watch the tv very often." More like I don't have a tv at all.
     I began to say "But nice to meet you anyway-"
The door suddenly opened, stopping my words immediately. 
     In walked Daesung and TOP, the two smiling and chuckling as if they shared a funny joke together.
 
As if a tsunami of hate had walking in, I immediately felt anger.
       TOP and Daesung both looked pretty casual. Dressed in a khaki colored jacket and a dark blue hat that covered his hair, TOP almost looked like a scary next door neighbor. Daesung's hair was a bit distracting. His ash blonde and dark streaked locks catching the light of the room, but his smile was what really brightened everything up.
        TOP and I made eye contact and I immediately looked away.
       "Where's Youngbae oppa and Seungri?" Remi asked.
       "They were too tired so they went home." Daesung took off his jacket and sat on the couch.
The three casual started talking to each other. But I felt a strange buzz behind my ear.
     "How's Charlie?" TOP whispered in my ear with a serious voice.
I scoffed and crossed my arms. Then I pointed my finger out the door, gesturing at him to talk outside of the recording studio.
      We walked outside and left the room with the three still talking a way. Then I exploded.
      "Yah, thanks for bringing Charlie up. How about next time you leave for three days without telling me, WRITE ON A ING NOTE!" I frowned at TOP.
     TOP raised his eyebrows and placed a finger on my lips. "Yah! Shhh-"
      "Don't shush me!" I yelled, pushing his finger away violently. "DO YOU know how hard it was for me to find everything in the house alone and DO EVERYTHING?" 
 
       It was true. It had taken me forever to even learn how to work the washing machine, find the vacuum, find Charlie's dog food and whole bunch of other crap. How could he just leave me at his house and expect me to know everything. And it wasn't even like I had nothing to do.
        "I'm at least two years older than you, your "oppa". You might want to speak a little more respectively." TOP said seriously with his eyebrows raised.
       Ohhh he did it. He just stepped across the line.
      "I. DO. NOT. have respect for people that crumple their socks up and throw them in the laundry room-" I yelled a bit too loudly.
"Yah!" TOP said pressed his hand on my mouth to stop me from talking. "Are you trying to tell everyone that we live in the same house together?!"
        Then from behind me, I heard a sneaky smiling voice by my ear. "Who lives together in the same house?" The husky voice asked.
I turned my head to see who it was. Of course. 
Daesung and his playful grin.