Chapter 15

Topposites Attract

          TOP's eyes widened and then he let out a long sigh.

         "Why are you even-" TOP began to say to Daesung but then gave up on his words. He in his breath and then walked away.
        "So it's true?" Daesung asked me.
        I winced and let my hands fall out of explanation. "Ahhh I'm hungry! Let's go eat!" I said out loud purposefully to end the awkward conversation.
~~~~~~~~~
         I dived my spoon into the hot savory beef soup and shoved it in my mouth.
        "Yah..what the heck..you seem like you haven't eaten since last year." Daesung said with a slightly dumbfounded look on his face.
        I sniffed and shoved a spoonful of rice into my already full mouth. "Damn this cafeteria makes good food!" 
How was it that Yg entertainment had delicious food too? 
I held a thumbs up to the ahjummas that were behind the counter. 
 "Ahjumma! This Galbi-tang* is jjang!*" I said as a bit of rice sputtered out of my mouth.
        Daesung jumped back to avoid my spit and rice and made a disgusted yet amused face. "Ayy...close your mouth a little.." He whispered quietly.
 
 
        I shut my mouth and chewed obnoxiously, shoving food in my cheeks like a chipmunk.
        Daesung laughed loudly and took a sip of water to calm his laugher. "Anyway, are you really living with...hyung?"
       I stopped chewing and gave a quick nod. "Living." I said making quotation marks with my fingers.
       He in his breath and gave a funny look.
       "Is he always such a prick?" I asked as I sipped more of my soup.
      Daesung made a duck lip face and pulled in closer to me. "You think that too?" 
        I paused from my frantic eating and looked up. "What do you mean?"
       Daesung looked thoughtfully into the air and squinted his eyes, "I've been noticing hyung these days...and I think he's going through an image change."
       "..image change?"
     He nodded, "It's ever since he started dating Eunsuh noona."
Son Eunsuh...why did that name sound so familiar? Then it hit me. The cappuccino lady with the long y curls. 
     "Son Eunsuh?" I almost yelled when I remembered who it was. A few grains of rice flew out my mouth and decorated the table.
------
*Galbi-tang- beef bone soup
*jjang- an exclamation kinda like "it's the bomb!" 
       
        
 
      "Yeah, she's an actress who was in a movie with hyung last year. Apparently they started dating like two months ago." Daesung said in a gossipy tone.
      Hmm...so they started dating pretty recently huh?
      "But what do you mean by 'image change'?" I asked.
      "TOP hyung used to be THE funniest guy ever. Making jokes and doing the randomest to make people laugh. His nickname was 'Bingu'. And he used to be pretty chill about everything." Daesung said. He took a napkin and wiped off the rice that I had spit in front of him earlier.
      He continued in a quieter voice, "but then...every since Eunsuh noona came along, he's changed into some menopausal poker faced 50 year old lady. Hyung's trying so hard to become mature, it's not even funny...literally." Daesung shook his head and looked off into the distance.
        I chewed my food in thought. So TOP wasn't always like this? It was because of that..Eunsuh lady. Come to think of it, TOP did act super weird and formal when she came to the house...
"Y-You got a little somethin somethin there.." Daesung said with a concerned look on his face. His finger pointed right at the side of my cheek.
        I stuck my tongue out to reach the food on my face. 
Just a little more to the right...got it!
Daesung smiled a little too mischievously, "I have a feeling he's gonna change back to his old self pretty soon living with you."
 
 ~~~~~~
          I let the automatic chrome black gates open and let myself inside the property. As expected, Charlie jumped out of his wooden dog house and greeted me with joy.
         "Hey Charlie boy! What are you doing up so late?" I asked the overly excited dog. I felt for him. How sad must it be to be such a happy and loyal dog that couldn't even see its owner that much?
I looked at my watch...11:40 p.m.   
     I had finally gotten home after a long day in the studio experimenting with some other producers on some of the tracks. TOP apparently had to go to some magazine interview and photoshoot so he wasn't supposed to come home that early tonight. He had actually texted me this instead of making me play a guessing game.
       I entered the big beautiful glass house and fell flat on my face on one of the red sofa chairs. I felt something being crushed underneath my body but I paid no attention. Charlie excitedly my hand and soon it was covered in doggie slime.
My pocket vibrated and let out a loud chime. Yay a call.
I groaned and looked at the bright screen of my phone.
    Caller ID: Kang Taewoo.
A small yelp escaped from my mouth. Holy crap. I totally forgot about this entire deal with him.
I cautiously pressed the green button and brought up the phone to my ear.
         "Yeobohsayo.." I awkwardly whispered.
         The same annoying voice seeped out of the phone, "Moon Raena. When the hell were you planning to call?"
         "W-Well you know I've just been busy and all that-"
         "Busy, of course you are. So when were you planning to GIVE me the files?" He shot back in the middle of my sentence.
        I raised my eyebrows and let Charlie come underneath my hand for me to pet him. "You see...I was actually thinking that maybe we should call off this-"
        "Call off?!" Taewoo shouted through the phone, "Who do you think you are to call off-"
        The little intercom screen at the front door let out a chime, indicating that someone was entering the place.
Someone. TOP.
        "I-I'm pretty busy right now I'll call you sometime later-" I rapidly said, already turning off my phone and slipping it inside my pocket. I sat up quickly and felt the thing underneath me stabbing my . 
Yep I definitely was sitting on something alright.
        The night was dark and the front lawn lights were off so I couldn't really see the figure coming to the door.
As if a fog machine had , the house had a strangely ominous feel. The epitome of evil himself.
Or the 50 year old menopausal lady as Daesung called him.
       TOP's classy purple Oxford shoes clicked on the marble floor as the glass door opened.
 
        He must have just comeback from his photo shoot....something about him made him look as if he were a moving statue.
TOP's deep piercing eyes looked like I could literally fall inside them and never come back out. His lips were closed lightly so that little breaths could escape through his thin cat like lips. And his hair was ily tousled upwards evidently with large amounts of hair spray. Wavy locks pointed in all directions, keeping his hair out of his clean translucent face.
        I awkwardly shifted and felt my lip twitch at his vampirish aura overwhelming my personal bubble. 
       And all he did was glare. Just a cold pitiful glare that shot out lasers of red light into my soul. 
As soon as Charlie happily went to him, TOP's aura changed from a deep dark harnessing purple to an immediate green. 
He even smiled...oh wait that might have been twitch.
       TOP then proceeded to walk up the glass stair case and up to his room, shutting the door with a disheartening sound. And then the warmth returned into the house.
Was life always going to be like this from now on? 
       I stood up and finally saw what I had been sitting on.
. I just broke his "one of a kind" toy figurine from Japan.