Chapter 30

Topposites Attract

       The glimmering black and sheer tulle dress laid there on my bed, mocking me as I stared at it, wondering how in the world I was going to wear that.
It was a beautiful dress nonetheless, short yet tastefully elegant with its extravagant layers of fabric collaborating into a single piece of clothing. The problem was...Well I didn't know if I could pull it off.
      This dress and a pair of heels were what TOP had given me last night after I had told him about how I shouldn't go because I didn't have anything to wear.
      "Here." He had placed the flattish white rectangular boxes into my arms when he came home from somewhere.
      I frowned, wincing my eyes at the sudden boxes in my arms, "What's this?"
      "You said you didn't have anything to wear. I got you something." He said cooly obviously trying not to make a big deal.
     I peeked down at the boxes and read the smooth writing printed in fine calligraphy.
     "Chanel"
The smaller shoe sized box on top read "Christian Louboutin" in fancy printed cursive.
Crap...they sound expensive.
        "This isn't coming out of my paycheck is it?" I eyed him carefully.
TOP's eyes sparkled as he gave a smirk. "Only if you want it to be."
       "No!" I hesitantly said with my arms still awkwardly caressing the boxes.

       I sighed as I picked up the delicate piece of clothing and slipped it on my body. It fit almost perfectly, not too tightly but not too weirdly big. The black satin at the top wrapped my body, beautifully framing my skinny chest into a somewhat subtle cleavage. I stood in strange awe at the sight of me wearing this ridiculously expensive Chanel dress and the sleek black pumps.
     "Who...are you?" I asked quietly at the mirror.
My dark brown hair was finally put up into a high bun after multiple tries and fails. And surprisingly enough, it looked perfect with the dress and heels. 
       The only problem was that the zipper on the back of my dress was ridiculously difficult to zip up. My arm was just not flexible enough.
Maybe that's why girls have boyfriends. So that they can have someone to zip up their dresses from behind.
       "Ughhh" I muttered out loud as I struggled for what seemed like ten minutes.
Only if I had someone to help me... TOP?
      No! Not him! Who the hell are you kidding?
He was probably getting dressed too in his room. 
     But...still. 
I mean if we're that close as "Oppa-dongsaeng" then wouldn't it be okay to ask? All awkwardness aside, it wouldn't be that weird.

 

I pondered in my room for a few moments until I decided that I would ask him.
       "It's not weird. It's not weird. It's not weird. It's not weird." I repeatedly whispered to myself as I walked towards my door handle. My fingers slowly grasped the smooth chrome handle to turn it.
       And then I heard a knock right in front of my nose.
I immediately let go and stepped backwards. My tall heels clicked on the marble floor. I felt my heart pound in exhilaration as I heard the knock again.
      "Raena." A soft muffled voice behind the door slipped out. TOP.
My eyes widened and I felt a chill shiver through my body.
I quickly grabbed the dress up so that it wouldn't fall off and gently opened the door.
     TOP was standing by the doorway in a perfectly fitting designer suit catered to his tall and lean body. A real movie star in the flesh.
My breathing stopped when I saw the eloquence of his gleaming nature. He looked unbelievably handsome, incomparable to any other world star celebrity. His hair was sharply slicked up into a clean look, complementing his usual spiffy image. The black suit over his pure white undershirt really defined his facial features even more. His slim jawline meeting with undeniable perfection at the corners of his ears..and his beautiful crystal like eyes that shined like gems.
        His cast had been removed a day ago but he still couldn't operate his arm normally. I noticed that his black and silver tie was hanging from his neck, untied.
        I wasn't the only one staring. He seemed just as intrigued in my appearance as I was with his.

After a brief pause, I decided to cooly start talking.
     "Can you-" We both said in unison and stopped immediately when we realized it.
     TOP backed away to let me finish first, his dark eyes gleaming in the hallway light.
     My eyes fluttered down as I took a quick breath. "Um..can you help with.." I pointed at my back and turned around, keeping my fingers holding tightly on to the front of the dress.
      Without hesitation, TOP gently held the dress up as his careful fingers slowly zipped the dress.
There was a moment of lingering when he was done and then I turned around.
      "Thanks." I mumbled.
      TOP raised his eyebrows and pointed up at the undone tie. "My right arm won't let me reach up there." He said innocently.
Did I even know how to tie a tie?
       It seemed pretty easy enough. I brought my fingers up to his collar and neatly began to do a simple "knot". In and out of the loop.
I could sense his eyes burning through my body as he looked down at me. I slowly traced my eyes down to where he was looking.
   Of course. Boys are boys.
I glared at him, chewing on the inside of my cheek. Using my fingers, I pushed his chin up so that he was facing the ceiling. I could see his prominent Adam's apple bobbing as his lips tried hard to suppress a smile.

        When I was done, I pat his tie down smooth so that it finished off his sleek look.
        "Gomawo." TOP said, barely moving his lips.
I stretched my arms outwards and then used them to smooth down the dress. I gave a funny look as I awkwardly began to walk in heels. "I look pretty hilarious don't I?" I laughed nervously.
         One step. Two step. Damn walking in heels is harder than I thought.
         "Minus the hilarious." TOP said quietly from behind me.
I frowned and turned to face him. He was fixing his white cuffs with a serious look on his face. 
       "Huh?" I asked..but more like a question to myself.
TOP looked up with his sparkling eyes and a sincere grin. "I said you look pretty tonight."
I felt a gag coming up. A compliment? From Mr.T O P himself? To me?
       I winced and backed away. "Is THAT coming out of my paycheck?"
       TOP walked over slowly, as if he was walking on the runway and lightly pat my shoulder. "Just take it when I say it."
"Oh! Right, I forgot, I invited Jiwoo..." I hesitated before saying the word. "...oppa to the after premier party."
      His eyebrows flinched for a sec, like a lightening fast frown. "Guess I get to see what kind of crazy weirdo is okay with dating Moon Raena."

 

        "What did you say?" I yelled jokingly, holding a fist up about to punch him.
       TOP giggled goofily and jerked away from me. "Don't hit me!"
      "Crazy weirdo?! Yah what's so wrong about me?" I lightly jabbed him twice on his arm.
       TOP yelped out cries of over exaggerated pain as he playfully jumped around to avoid me. I tried to run quickly to get him but my heels made it virtually impossible.
      I almost slipped at a wrong step and felt my life in danger for half a millisecond. But thankfully, TOP grabbed my arm like a rope before I could fall.
Funny thing is...we were both laughing like crazy.
Why was it that I laughed and smiled so much whenever I was with this crazy guy? I didn't ever remember a time in the past where I had smiled so much.
What would the world think if they opened this house up to find me, Moon Raena in a dress laughing and play fighting with one of Korea's top idol/movie stars? It was definitely weird.
      TOP pushed me up as he finally regained his composure. His smile captured all the stars in the night sky as he shined it back at me. "See you in a few hours." 
      I couldn't help but look forward to it.