Chapter 4

Topposites Attract
         All the lights in the world were on me and I was in the spotlight. 
        "Uhh...." A weird guttural voice leaked out of my mouth as my shocked eyes opened widely.
        The guy's eyes were still examining me with such passion. His sharpness pierced through me like glass shards; He was looking right through me.
        Instead of saying anything, I made a quick escape by running right for the door. I slipped out of the room and made a run for it towards the hallway.
        My heart was pacing out of this world and my head was not with me. 
"Oh my god. He saw me. He has the USB drive. He has it. He saw me. Oh my god." I whispered frantically to myself as I continued to run down the hallway.
        What I didn't know was that I was running straight into someone. But luckily, the person grabbed my shoulders right before I would have crashed into him.
        "Oh! You're the new producer right?" A soft and clear voice spoke out to me.
I looked up to see who had grabbed my shoulders. 
Gee. Deu. Rae. Gon. 
          It was him! Him right in the flesh! My idol and role model! 
My mouth ran straight dry as the desert and my face froze.
          Oh my god. He was just as I imagined. His face was shining with brilliance. Those passionate cold eyes that seemed to have a bit of warmth to them. There was a beautiful bright smile on his lips and the entire place lit up. His hair was a light blonde color with a bit of his black roots growing out, adding dimension to the hair. And just as G Dragon was known to be, he was dressed in uniquely in cropped jeans and a strange patterned shirt that only he could pull off.
            "A-Ah. A-Annyeonghasayo!" I said what my breath could provide.
           He let go off my shoulders and did a quick bow to respond to my greeting. "You're Raena? I just came back from sajangnim, he told me about you. Heard you're just a year younger than me." 
          I smiled widely, "Ah Nae*! I-I'm so honored to meet you!" 
          "What? I'm honored to meet you! I heard your tracks, they're really amazing. The style that you have...it's really something new." Gd's eyes sparkled and fireworks exploded in the background.
Me...? H-He's honored to meet me?
         My face was stiff with happiness and in awe of his presence.
The unusually chic way he spoke, so softly and casually but with an ever so rhythmic beat of his natural voice.
         "We're actually just working on a few sample tracks to experiment with. Let's go into the studio then." He said with a friendly smile and gestured down the hallway.   
Then all of sudden, like a truck on a highway, it hit me. The guy in the studio. That guy who saw me stealing....the guy who has my USB drive.
         "I can't go in there!!" I yelled out abruptly and realized how heavily I was breathing.
         "Why?" He looked a little scared for me.
         "I-I'm not ready!" I tried to back away and almost tripped but Jiyong caught me and pulled me back.
          From the end of the hallway, I saw a familiar face walk down towards us. It was the guy who had switched my hat with his! 
His smiling face drew near as his feet walked closer to me.
         "Oh?! Dongdaemoon!" He said pointing to me.
         "Dongdaemoon? You got the Moon part right. This is Moon Raena, the new producer." Jiyong said as he gently pushed me forward to the guy.
          "Ah we meet again huh?" He said fixing his hat, or should I say, my ex-hat. "I'm Youngbae" His eyes glistened with kindness.
          I opened my mouth in astonishment. So HE was Taeyang? I had been so stupid that I didn't even know who he was?? I was wearing Taeyang's hat??
         "W-Wedding dress! I actually did a remix of your song!" I blurted out in excitement.
         "If you're that much of a fan, how did you not know who I was?" Youngbae said with a playful smile on his lips.
        I slapped my forehead and shook my head. "I-I don't know, I'm so sorry!" 
        "It's alright, he's just teasing you." Jiyong said slapping Youngbae's arm. 
        "So are you guys going in to the recording room? I think I saw Top Hyung go in there earlier." Youngbae said pointing back down the hallway.
         "Yeah we were just about to go-"
         I leaned my back against the wall hard. "No. No. And no. I c-can't."
         "What's wrong with her?" Youngbae asked.
         Jiyong shrugged and tried to pry me off the wall. "I don't know, she just doesn't want to go in there." 
           Youngbae helped Jiyong pull me off the walls and they both playfully pushed me down the hallway. I had two of the biggest celebrities in Korea touching me playfully and yet I was terrified. 
         My shoes let out a screech as they slid across the marble floor and soon we were already in the recording room. 
I peeked my eyes open but it was completely empty.
Where did that guy go?
         "Oh? Where's TOP hyung?" Youngbae asked as he looked around.
         Wait a second...TOP? Wasn't he that one other guy in Bigbang? The guy who was an actor too.. He was the other rapper besides Jiyong. 
HE WAS THE GUY IN THE ROOM?!
I didn't realize who he was because I never really saw him before. I've heard about him on tv and saw him on few Bigbang performances but he never really caught my eye. It was always Gdragon.
Come to think of it, that guy, he was really handsome. 
        My fingers nervously gripped at the edge of my sleeves and I frantically looked around. 
        Jiyong sat down in one of the chairs and began to click away on the computer. His quick slim fingers so effortlessly moved as he typed away, looking for something. 
           Then all of sudden, I heard something familiar waft into my ears. A melodic song...my song!
         "Ah, here it is, I really liked this one out of all your tracks." Jiyong said as he leaned back on his chair. 
It was one of my favorites too. The song had a clean cut hiphop sound to it which I purposely replicated the style of the 1990s and fused it in with soft synth sounds.
           And for a moment, as I always do when I hear music, I forgot about everything. Bobbing my head to the beat, I shook away all the stress and worry that had occupied my mind for the last couple of years. Music was definitely the only place of my own.
         "Woah, this is really good." Youngbae whispered as he sat down in another one of the chairs.
          "I know right? I almost want to take this track and use it in my album. By the way Raena...There's lyrics in the foot notes of this file." Jiyong said as he lightly scratched behind his ear.
         Youngbae leaned in, "Oh...it's English."
        Jiyong laughed nervously and tried to read the lyrics that I wrote, "Wow...it's really good. Do you speak English?"
       I nodded, "Yeah, I went to a University in America for six years to major in music production but had to comeback last year because of family reasons." 
         Jiyong nodded understandingly, his coldish eyes softened by a slip of a smile.
         "See this is exactly what I was going for! These chords in the synth sounds." Jiyong said out loud when the song reached the chorus. 
        And for the next few hours, I began to get a bit more comfortable with them. Unlike I had expected, they were human beings just like me. They loved music and we had similar interests. Turns out I had something they didn't. An ability to replicate chords just by hearing them. I always thought it was a normal thing; to be able to listen and know that that one beautiful chime chord was a simple chord of two black keys and a white key. 
And also turns out it was a shock that I had never learned to play the piano. After school, I would always stop by the local church to see if their slightly broken piano was occupied. The last three notes on the keys never played but made a empty sound that seemed to hit nothing but air. And by hearing songs on the radio, I was able to perfectly duplicate them, as if they were my own. But because I never learned, I had no idea what the notes names were. I just simply called them the white key that made this sound and the black key that made that sound.
 
 
          "Wow...genius. You're a genius." Youngbae said softly in English as he put up two thumbs in the air.
           I nervously chuckled and shrugged  "Ah well thanks, I never kne-"
        The door opened slightly and figure stepped right in, taking his sunglasses off.
        . THAT GUY.
        "Oh, hyung where were you?" Jiyong asked as he ran his fingers through his soft hair.
        His face, perfect from all angles, looked confused to find me here. His deep chocolate eyes sparkled under the dim lights and one questioning eyebrow raised up.
        My eyebrows on the other hand....were off and on the ceiling. Blood pumped furiously in my heart and cold sweat formed on my skin. 
        "Holy shi-" I began to say.
        "She's a new producer here. Sajangnim said she's going to help work with you on your album." Jiyong said quickly.
        Me? Work with him?!
        "Holy shi-" I began to say again.
        And his thin curled lips opened to say something. In a deep yet lighthearted voice, his voice rumbled. "You're a girl?"
       "Holy ." I finally said.