Chapter 1

Topposites Attract
      "Yah, what the hell is this?" Kang Taewoo, the main music producer hissed as he turned the speakers off. Taewoo was just a few years older than me but acted as if he was the hotshot of everything. The way his greasy hair was flipped over and his thick rimmed glasses made me almost want to gag. Those disgusting slim eyes that spliced through everything, judging and spitting out harsh words at anything he didn't like. He was the epitome of evil.
      But of course...I couldn't do about it.
      I bowed 90 degrees down and my eyes casted down to the ground. "Jeosonghamnida, I just thought that maybe if I switched up the style a little, the group could have a different concept for their comeback." 
       Taewoo stood up, he was barely any taller than me, which he hated for a fact. He took my black New York SnapBack off of my head and threw it on the ground. "Yah, Moon Raena, am I paying you to make music the way YOU want?"
      I swallowed the hate down and forcibly responded. "No."
No you bastard, you're not paying me at all. The company is.
 
      He smiled his evil smile and mocked me in a wheezy voice, "No. That's right. I am paying you though to make copies. You know that new Super Junior song? All I asked was that you tweak the song a bit and adjust it for a female girl group!"
      A speck of his spit landed on my nose and I winced. Anger boiled inside of me.
 
       "I'm not asking you for much! Now get going, the girls need to start recording tomorrow." Taewoo yelled at my face and then he angrily left the room. 
As soon as he left, I stuck out my middle finger right at the door and bit my lip to stop the waves of cuss words from bursting out.
       God..when I was done with this place, the things I would do to him.
       I picked up my SnapBack and put it back on my messy hair. My dreadful hair was nothing to look at. Just dyed to a dirty blonde and put in a simple braid. Usually all of it was tucked in and hidden underneath one of my extensive collection of hats.
      The music file on the screen gave me a scornful look. I quickly deleted it off the screen. No one ever listened to the music that I made, instead, I had to use my producing skills to sneakily copy the crap of other idol groups and reproduce them for Star Me entertainment's prized possessions. 
It was all bubble gum pop and auto-tune, stuff that I couldn't stand listening to myself. I wasn't proud that I "made" those beats...it gave me shame. But it gave me what I needed, money.
       Really though, all hope was gone for my music career. In hopes of having another chance, I sent in a few of the songs that I created to another music record company, YG entertainment. But it's been already over a month now. They probably thought it was crap too.
           The door slightly opened and a head peeked out. It was one of the girls from the girl group Kissyou from this company. Hara. Hara was the youngest in the group, the most "mature" out of them all, but still an airhead. Her voice was disdainfully high and cute and her long bleach blonde hair was dyed at the bottom in several different colors, just as any attention craving Idol would have. She was just a few years younger than me and was the only girl who actually put an effort into try making friends with me.
          Hara leaped into the room, "Ah! Unnie! Did you get in trouble by the producer again?"
          I smirked and leaned back more comfortably on my chair, "Trouble? ...yeah, I guess you could say that. I apparently didn't plagerize well enough for him." 
          She pouted and lightly pushed my arm. "Unnie don't say it like that! It makes it sound...so bad." 
          I shrugged, "Its the truth."
         Hara sighed and sat down comfortably in one of the chairs. "You know? I feel like our skirts are getting even shorter these days. I saw the performance outfits and they're so skimpy!" She said, at the string of her hoodie.
 
         "I'm just glad that I'm not an idol" I smirked and took a deep breath.
         Hara smiled widely, her white pearlies shining just as if she had gotten them bleached this morning. "Why not? Being an idol is fun! There's a lot of practicing but the perks of it are endless!" She began counting off her fingers with her purple colored contact filled eyes b with excitement. "You get to....wear pretty clothes...get your hair done everyday....wear pretty make up...and everyone loves you! Why wouldn't anyone want to be an idol?" 
       With a scoff, I stood up and grabbed my green and black skateboard off the wall. Raising my eyebrows at the thoughtless Hara, I said to her, "Exactly."
        I burst out of the building as I landed on my skateboard. The smooth wheels made a muted rumble as they rolled perfectly on the ground. My long strides helped me go fast and the refreshing air hit my skin, giving me a burst of energy. 
How I hated my life. Had a job that I despised. Couldn't even do what I really wanted to do for a living. or even afford to try changing one. I had someone who needed me. My mom. My dad left us when he found out my mom was beginning to get sick. I couldn't afford to be a normal teenager in high school. I couldn't afford to be a "girl". No pretty clothes or hair. Just a person who desperately needed money every week to keep someone alive.
           "Aishh! KIM TAEWOO!! You bastard!!" I yelled loudly into the cloudless empty blue sky. My fingers curled into tight fists, and my knees bended down to speed up on the skateboard.
          Everything was going wrong. And Kang Taewoo was making things worse. The only thing stopping me from killing him was my mom.
         Suddenly the phone rang off in my pocket. I dug my hand in and fished my phone out. 
Some random number that I never seen before...hmm perfect place to blow some steam into.
        "What do you want?!!" I screamed angrily into the phone and without giving the other end a chance to talk, I shouted again, "Yah, Kang Taewoo, you think you're all that just because you're just some producer of a crappy company?! You're not!! You're really not!! You're just a FAKE, A LIAR, AND A BASTARD!!!" 
 I turned my phone off and shoved it in my pocket with anger.
         The phone almost instantly rang again and with the fire inside of me boiled up again. "WHAT?!" I yelled as I answered the call.
        A quick and perky voice of a guy came from the other end. "Moon Raena-shi? This is a representative from YG entertainment...now before you hang up on me again-" 
  
     Wait wait wait....what? Yg entertainment?
     I almost fell off my skateboard as I made a sudden stop. My face immediately scrunched up because I knew I just made a huge mistake. 
Holy crap. Don't tell me I just yelled at the rep of Yg entertainment. 
     I opened my eyes widely and took a big gulp. "S-Sorry what? Who did you say you were?"
     "This is calling from Yg entertainment, are you Moon Raena-shi?" He repeated with a firm voice.
     "Ah Yes! This is she!" I said with the anger evaporating out of me all at once.
      "Well we received your sample CD and listened to it. Yang Hyunsuk sajangnim also had a chance to give it a listen and he really liked your tracks."
All I heard in his words was Yang Hyunsuk. THE Yang Hyunsuk? How was this possible? And he liked them? 
        "He wants to know if you can come to the building anytime to discuss some things."
        My heart began to race and my hands were slippery with sweat.  "U-Uh, definitely! Sure! Anytime!"
       I could hear a satisfied smile on the other line, "Great then, how about this Saturday?"
 
           "Saturday, that's perfect!" I felt so giddy with excitement that I didn't realize I had been jumping slightly up and down.
           There was a soft laugh and then he spoke again, "Okay then, Raena-shi. We'll see you this Saturday." And the line disconnected.
         Suddenly the sky looked brighter and bluer. So pure and cathartic, the way the clouds were plainly out of sight and the sun shiny brightly in my eyes.
 I felt a big grin on my face and couldn't stop smiling to myself. As I looked around, taking a deep breath of the fresh air, I saw a little boy looking at me...or more like laughing at me.
        "Yah, this Noona is going to YG entertainment baby!!" I shouted to him with my hands flaring up, hip hop style.
        The boy scoffed, his thin wisps of black hair flipping away in the wind. "Noona? You look more like a Hyung to me!"
         I gave a slight growl and gestured a fake step towards him. "Yah you little brat, beat it." 
 
Nothing was going to take me down from now.