009

You Again?! | Love Note I
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Byun Baek Hyun.

 

As the weeks passed by, Yeri continuously did good deeds such as helping the guys with getting the hearts of girls and helping old people push carts and stuff. She was obviously putting on an act, but all 11 members were already bought by her act. All except me, I was obviously the only one who had brains in this clique.

 

After 3 weeks, which was about a month, the showcase auditions are finally here. Since EXO and Yeri and her crew were already confirmed candidates for the showcase, the principal allowed us to sit in for the audition. As usual, Chanyeol, the happy virus, was going crazy.

 

“I wonder who will get selected to perform on the same stage as us,” Xiumin said as he got comfortable in his seat with his favourite snack, a box of chocopie. Chanyeol and Sehun were busy hugging each other acting like idiots who were at the theatre for the first time in their lives. Kyungsoo, Suho hyung, Kris hyung and Luhan hyung were all on their phones and the rest of the members just busy fiddling and fidgeting.

 

“Okay, quiet guys, show’s starting,” the principal ensured that all 13 of us were settled before she grabbed the microphone and faced the stage along with the dance and vocal instructors who were judging the performers. All students undergoing dance and vocal training had to put up a performance, hook or by crook.

Lu Han.

 

I sat in between Baekhyun and Xiumin. Xiumin offered me one of his chocopies and I gratefully took it, sliding it into my pocket. I was here because the boys wanted to come watch, and mostly because Jae Hee was gonna perform. I couldn’t wait to see her performance.

 

I sat through many performances, and honestly they weren’t that good at all. The moves each participant did seemed to be repetitive, like they choreographed the dance together.

 

“Next, contestant number 16, Baek Jae Hee,” the principal announced.

 

I immediately straightened my back and leaned forward, anticipating her performance.

 

Im Jin Ae.

 

Jae Hee came running backstage immediately after her performance had ended. She did great; I never knew she was so good at popping! Everyone chose classical or pop, but Jae Hee chose hip hop, and this girl was just so awesome. No other girl can pull off popping like she did.

 

“Jin Ae! You’re up next!” she exclaimed, all hyped up. She was probably overjoyed because she did so well in her performance. “I can never perform as well as you, Jae Hee. I’m not that confident.” I was next, and the girl before me was already finishing up her song. I was set to perform my self-composed piece, because my instructor, Mr. Cha thought what I wrote was best suited for my voice, and if I were to do a cover of a song, the judges will compare me to the original.

 

“You can do it Jin Ae! I have faith in you! Just have fun on that big stage. I’m sure we will both get selected to perform for the showcase!” Jae Hee flashed me her gummy smile and pushed me out of the dressing room.

 

I stood near the curtains, taking deep breaths as the participant before me sang the bridge

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter