019

You Again?! | Love Note I
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Baekhyun pulled the poor girl all the way to the middle of the basketball court and finally let go of her wrist, letting his hand fall to his side. Jin Ae gripped onto her left wrist, it was feeling sore and she knew that she was gonna get a bruise by the end of the day. Baekhyun refused to look at her, he kept his face and gaze in the direction of the building. He knew the minute he looked at her, either he’d give in or feel absolutely disgusted at the fact that his own girlfriend bashed up a random girl in the toilet.

 

“What do you have to say for yourself?” he asked, his gaze still fixated on the school logo that was on the side of the building. Jin Ae hung her head, from his tone she could already sense the distrust he had for her. Their relationship merely began a few days ago, they haven’t even held hands let alone kiss, and here he doubts her after listening to the story told by some random girl. “This won’t do,” she thought. She grabbed onto his two hands and forced him to turn and look at her.

 

“Sunbaenim, I don’t ask for much. Just the answer to one very simple question,” her voice slightly quivered as she slowly approached her point. “Do you believe that I didn’t do all that?” Baekhyun hesitated, he didn’t know if he did believe her or not. There was concrete evidence that she almost hurt another girl right in front of him, and the fact that she performed hapkido the other day was also another fact that can be used against her. Although he knew how evil Park Yeri was let alone the heights his fangirls would go to just to jeopardize his relationship with girls, he just couldn’t side with Jin Ae at the moment.

 

A tear rolled down Jin Ae’s cheek, she already knew the answer by his hesitance. She let go of his hands and wiped away her tears, looking down at her feet. She tried her best to compose herself before she spoke, “What am I to you?” she asked again, her voice coming out hoarse and weak. The tears just wouldn’t stop, her eyes continued leaking, although she knew that all crying did was make her look weak. Once again, Baekhyun hesitated to answer, but nonetheless, he did. “You’re my girlfriend.” She closed her eyes and a feeling of relief overwhelmed her, but based on the fact that he didn’t believe her, having the status as his girlfriend meant nothing.

 

“That’s right, I am your girlfriend. Shouldn’t you trust me? No, the question is, don’t you trust me?” her body started to shake uncontrollably as she felt the same amount of sadness she had experienced in the past once again overwhelm her. She sniffed like crazy as the winter snow started to fall, her cries getting louder and harsher. Baekhyun looked at her, and as much as he wanted to trust her, he just couldn’t find anything in him that told him he should. You can think of him as a jerk or whatever, but he was far from being one. Jin Ae’s fingers curled and slowly her hands clenched into fists as she closed her eyes, allowing the sadness to take over her. She couldn’t think straight anymore, she was just too hurt.

 

“What kind of relationship is this if there’s no trust in it?” she didn’t open her eyes, she didn’t want to. She knew if she did, her heart will soften the minute she saw his handsome face gleaming under the ray of light, snow falling bit by bit onto his head. He kept quiet, his eyes softened as he looked at her. He didn’t want to see her hurt like that, but as much as he wanted to embrace her and console her, his body refused to move. Jin Ae cried even harder, she knew she would regret her decision. But she’d much rather admire him from afar than being doubted by him when he was her own boyfriend. She mustered up enough courage before she allowed those words to escape as quickly as she could.

 

“Let’s break up, Byun Baekhyun.” It was her first time ever to call him by his full name using such a tone, without using honorifics. Baekhyun stood there; frozen. His mouth couldn’t open to stop her from leaving him, and his body didn’t want to move to pull her into his warm embrace. Jin Ae gave his handsome face one last look as she moved closer towards him, using her left hand to caress his right cheek. She absorbed in all his handsome features, it was the first and last time she’d ever get to see him up close like that.

 

She stood on her tippy toes and inched closer, softly planting a kiss on his cheek. She backed away and gave him one last look. “Goodbye.” She forced a small smile, her lips quivering like crazy as her tears continued to fall. Baekhyun stood there, he couldn’t move. He wanted to run after her retreating figure and embrace her from the back, telling her how much he loved her and how much he didn’t want her to leave him. However, his feet stood rooted right there and then, the winter snow getting heavier and heavier.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter