024

You Again?! | Love Note I
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jin Ae gently placed the knife down on the chopping board and dried her hands on her apron. She grabbed hold of both of Chanyeol’s wrists with both her hands and pried them off of her waist, turning around to face the very tall gentleman. “Chanyeol…” she called out, her eyes filled with sorry. The truth was she hadn’t gotten over Baekhyun yet, even though 5 years have already past, and meeting him just yesterday still made her heart flutter like it did 5 years ago, even though she constantly argued with the handsome fella. She let go of Chanyeol’s hands and they fell to his side while Chanyeol just stared down at her, waiting for her to say something.

 

“I’m not worthy of your love,” Jin Ae whispered as she fiddled with her fingers. She didn’t know how to turn the guy down without breaking his heart, but still managing to salvage the friendship. “What are you talking about? I’ve loved you since high school, ever since we first met.” Chanyeol used two of his fingers to gently lift Jin Ae’s face by her chin to face him. The two locked eyes and Chanyeol felt himself being drawn towards her, and once again he lost control of his body as he leant down, bit by bit…

 

“Stop!” Jin Ae yelled, pushing Chanyeol off of her. She pressed her lips together, refusing any eye contact whatsoever. She hastily walked towards the door and opened it, with her free hand pointed towards the outside. “Please, just leave Chanyeol.” He looked at her and immediately felt guilty for rushing things like that, but he just couldn’t control himself at that very moment. “Jin Ae, I’m so-” The poor boy’s sentence was cut off, “Leave.” Jin Ae was firm on her stand as she watched Chanyeol hang his head and walk solemnly out of her apartment. Without giving him a chance to turn around and say something else, she slammed the door the minute his foot exited.

 

Her hand immediately clenched around her heart, drops of tears starting to fall. Every time someone showered her with love or confessed, she would always feel cheated and hurt. It just felt as though they were playing tricks on her; trying to hurt her even more by conning her into believing they loved her but leave her the very next day after they found out she loved them back. She tried to compose herself as she walked towards the kitchen and opened up a cabinet filled with different pills and medication, picking out a bottle. She opened it and poured out two pills, popping them into and washing it down with a glass of water.

 

“I’m so sorry, Park Chanyeol. We’re just not meant to be.” She thought as she groggily dragged herself into her room and wrapped herself in the comfort of her blanket, trying to get some shuteye.

 

 

The beeper in the office rang and Yeri’s voice could be heard over the speaker, “Mr. Byun, you have a visitor.” Baekhyun was busy sorting out his documents – he had so many to look through and sign, so many big bosses that he needed to get in contact with and sign contracts. He toned out excessive noise, and that included his secretary, Park Yeri. Yeap, the same Park Yeri who had a diehard crush on Byun Baekhyun back in high school is his current secretary.

 

“But she’s a rich kid!” you might think. Yea, that was before her family had gone bankrupt and she desperately needed a job to help fork out money to salvage her family company. And kind hearted Byun Baekhyun was looking for a capable secretary at that period of time, and Yeri came for the interview for that post and got the job. Yeri got up from her seat and excused herself from the visitor as she approached Baekhyun’s office door; she needed to ask him in person since he didn’t reply to her message. Three gentle knocks was heard and Baekhyun groaned in frustration. He remembered he distinctly told his secretary no distractions.

 

“Come in!” he yelled, browsing through the contents of a document. Yeri entered and gave her boss a ninety degree bow, “You have a visitor, Mr. Byun.” Baekhyun couldn’t even be bothered to look up from the document in his hands, “Who is it?” he asked. Yeri invited the gentleman standing outside in. “BUDDY!” he chirped, holding his arms out wide as he flashed his toothy smile. Yeri excused herself and left the two gentlemen to themselves.

 

Baekhyun glanced at the man before he looked back at his document, reading the last sentence. When he was done, he put his signature on it

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter